• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I woz not dreaming, I checked back. A post from end last week said the West Stand was nearly sold out - similar in other areas. I checked, agreed, and duly booked up to avoid having to sneak in the North with the four Grimsby fans.

I thought I'd just check if it was now a complete sell out (not enough to do - must find a hobby in these winter months, Mousebreaker is getting tedious).

Look in the West Stand now - no one is there bar the usual poor souls with season tickets to ensure they do not miss out a minute of Maher's card collection display.

Was it a dream before? Have I gone completely mad (a possibility)? Will there be a ticket sham on Friday as 20,000 SUFC fans turn up treble booked? Has the internet gone gaga? Or is it just the ghost of Willie Coulson booking up as many tickets on reserve and then not following it through?

Seriously, something is not right (possibly me) - check it yourself, refer back to the post on Friday, and let me know.

sad.gif

Yeah this aint the 1st time this season this has happened.. I rang the megastore(ticket dept) friday and asked why Grimsby was nearly sold out and the girl told me "you must be mad!!" She said she would check it out but reckoned it was just a **** up by seatbooker

It's definately a **** up by seatbooker. I went into the club shop to get my tickets and the ticket system in there is nothing like the online one. Loads of seats available.

I think I was the one who put the original post up, and I now feel pretty stupid for thinking it might be true. The attendance now looks as if it is going to be pretty poor.

If the on-line ticketing system differs from that in the club shop, does that mean that the same seat could end up being sold more than once? Has anybody experienced this before?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2004,23:28)]Look in the West Stand now - no one is there bar the usual poor souls with season tickets to ensure they do not miss out a minute of Maher's card collection display.
I assume Maher's suspension will rule him out though.

Even the West Stand seaso's won't be turning up!!!

I expereinced double booking a lot last season... Damm annoying when you turn up and someone is already sitting in your place....

Also expereinced this with season ticket holders as well...

I hope things improve

Maybe Scriv could publish some sort of article on how Seatbooker works and what affects it has on ticket sales, i.e. when it's wrong and shows the stadium as full, do people not bother turning up?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2004,20:56)]Maybe Scriv could publish some sort of article on how Seatbooker works and what affects it has on ticket sales, i.e. when it's wrong and shows the stadium as full, do people not bother turning up?

WS
Not my area and I have to admit I know little about it. Online Ticketing falls under general ticketing.

Although I think that people can forget about a rubbish attendance. I don't know about advanced ticket sales but all the hospitality areas are sold out (19 boxes, two restuarants, sponsors lounge, directors box and a couple of other areas) and we are having to turn people away now because we have no more room to fit them in. This is normally a good indication of a healthy crowd from my limited experience and I'd estimate between 5,500-6,000 on Friday.

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 24 2004,20:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2004,20:56)]Maybe Scriv could publish some sort of article on how Seatbooker works and what affects it has on ticket sales, i.e. when it's wrong and shows the stadium as full, do people not bother turning up?

WS
Not my area and I have to admit I know little about it. Online Ticketing falls under general ticketing.
How about an article from "Ticketing" then?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2004,21:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 24 2004,20:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2004,20:56)]Maybe Scriv could publish some sort of article on how Seatbooker works and what affects it has on ticket sales, i.e. when it's wrong and shows the stadium as full, do people not bother turning up?

WS
How about an article from "Ticketing" then?

WS
You mean the accounts dept?

Oh well, thanks for the replies folks.

I assume I was led into a similar panic buy for the end of season games v Orient & Yeovil.

Silly me, fancy thinking this Club had got a good system working for once.

Should any Club official stoop themselves low enough to read this post on a site for real supporters (bar that Col Ewe t w a t) maybe they could shock us all and grant an apology. There again, maybe there's more chance of Maher keeping his gob shut.

Ho hum

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2004,21:13)]Oh well, thanks for the replies folks.

I assume I was led into a similar panic buy for the end of season games v Orient & Yeovil.

Silly me, fancy thinking this Club had got a good system working for once.

Should any Club official stoop themselves low enough to read this post on a site for real supporters (bar that Col Ewe t w a t) maybe they could shock us all and grant an apology. There again, maybe there's more chance of Maher keeping his gob shut.

Ho hum
What's the problem? You've bought tickets in advance for games that you were going to attend anyway? A sensible policy, most would say.

I reckon that come the Orient and Yeovil games you'll be grateful that you don't have to go and queue up.

Back