• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would 4-5-1 work fo us?

Lucas D

First XI
Whats your opinion on a 4-5-1 formation

Hunt
Edwards
Barrett
Wilson

Cole/Pettefer
Guttridge
Maher
Bentley
JCR/Gower

Eastwood

Do you think this would work for us? With Freddys pace could be quite an effective formation.

No, no and thrice no!!

4-5-1 is an awful formation, and yes ok, it works for Chelsea, but they dont play 4-5-1, they play 4-3-3.

you have to play with two strikers, and 4-4-2 hasnt exactly done us to bad up until now has it? we're top of the league, why would you want to change it?
rock.gif
??

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

4-5-1 is an awful formation which does not encourage decent attacking football.

4-4-2 has worked fine this season, so why change it? Is this perchance, merely a suggestion to get Bentley in the side?

NO

I cant really say NO enough to this point.

Freddy needs a strike partner, to give him as much space as possible.

Yes. Excellent idea.

Seeing as we have just broken a club record and we are top of the league I think this is a great time to dismantle a successful combination and experiment.

rock.gif

Just to point out, how ling has it been since we scored a goal from open play?.......
Doncaster,Rushden,Barnsley.....270 minutes of open play football and no goal.

Yes we won 8 games on the trot, however, the last 3 have been bleak.

I don't think that is down to the formation. In the same way that all our strikers hit form in September, they now all seem to have dipped at the same time as well. Chances are being created but not put away. The formation has been working well in my opinion.

It's too early to be looking at any tactical changes in my opinion. A couple of changes on the teamsheet maybe, but the system is proven to work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Oct. 24 2005,12:12)]Just to point out, how ling has it been since we scored a goal from open play?.......

As long as we keep making chances then the goals will flow again.

Yes I think it could work. It could make our season. While we are at it lets sack Tilly, sell the club to a russian and charge 50 pound a ticket!

rock.gif

How would we acommodate 4 strikers if only one of them is going to play?

Gray was ineffective on the right side of midfield when he came on on saturday, I'd prefer to see him upfront.

Wouldnt that formation also make Goater a very expensive substitute?

Lets try it on Champ Manager first. I won the Scottish 3rd and 2nd Division titles with 4-5-1. Then got p%&sed all over in Div 1.

The other alternative is look at past records and why we need to change.

The facts are, we're top, even after three dodgy games, in a league which this time last year I would have laughed at the prospect of us competing, let alone doing well.

So let's not change just because of 3 naff games. What about the hundreds before it when 4-4-2 has worked great for us?

wow.gif

christ we havent won our last two league games and people start to question tillys tactics and the formation

in the words of dads army

DONT PANIC!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Oct. 24 2005,12:12)]Just to point out, how ling has it been since we scored a goal from open play?.......

Blame the Manager of the Month curse!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Oct. 24 2005,11:36)]Whats your opinion on a 4-5-1 formation

Hunt
Edwards
Barrett
Wilson

Cole/Pettefer
Guttridge
Maher
Bentley
JCR/Gower

Eastwood

Do you think this would work for us? With Freddys pace could be quite an effective formation.
Dont even go there!!!

We dont wanna turn into the Man.U of league one!!

4-5-1 is the most ridiculous suggestion ever.

Tilly is a 4-4-2 man and so he should be!!

4-4-2 all the way

No. We have 4 good strikers what's the point in using just one. And we don't have a good holding player. It'll never happen, Tilly's a fan of the old trusted 4-4-2 and rightly so.

End of discussion.

Back