• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News WUP Court Hearing - 4th October- Case Dismissed.

How on earth is this man a fit and proper owner of a Football club?

I almost think Leon Court must be his love child. ❤️

Just a thought. Is there a chance that whatever goes on in court tomroow may impact on the game? Don’t pay up and they turn the electric off ???
Unlikely I would have thought. But then again we’ve had the water shut off at the training ground and almost at RH (If it wasn’t for some tactical parking) so I guess we can’t completely rule out losing the electricity supply at some point. What a shambles.

Unlikely I would have thought. But then again we’ve had the water shut off at the training ground and almost at RH (If it wasn’t for some tactical parking) so I guess we can’t completely rule out losing the electricity supply at some point. What a shambles.
I wouldn’t dismiss that as being a possibility.

The Echo suggests the debt to N power is disputed possible of course but the normal route would be the energy ombudsman.

My guess would be that this won’t end well.

Speaking to someone who used to work there and understands how courts work, apparently, if it's in relation to the unpaid 600k, then there are 2 possibilities.

They don't have the power to turn off the supply, but can apply for a warrant to enter the premises to cut the supply off. That would suggest the game would be safe to go ahead tomorrow, but perhaps not after that. It is likely this the purpose of the case.

Another possibility, it could be a quick case tomorrow and refered to the Crown Court. More likely the first scenario.

Speaking to someone who used to work there and understands how courts work, apparently, if it's in relation to the unpaid 600k, then there are 2 possibilities.

They don't have the power to turn off the supply, but can apply for a warrant to enter the premises to cut the supply off. That would suggest the game would be safe to go ahead tomorrow, but perhaps not after that. It is likely this the purpose of the case.

Another possibility, it could be a quick case tomorrow and refered to the Crown Court. More likely the first scenario.
Crown Court surely only deal with serious criminal offences.

That's correct.
As explained to me:
Magistrates Court would not usually deal with cases involving such large sums of money and they could see 600k of unpaid money as a serious charge. Some cases like this can be referred to the CPS.

However, as explained, its more likely the case is to seek a warrant to cut off the supply which has to go through the court first.

Sadly I doubt Ron will be doing time, if only!

I guess we'll find out soon.

I guess npower will also rejoin the WUP if their agreement has been broken

Although if they get a warrant to cut off the leccy presumably they become the no 1 bill we have to pay

That's correct.
As explained to me:
Magistrates Court would not usually deal with cases involving such large sums of money and they could see 600k of unpaid money as a serious charge. Some cases like this can be referred to the CPS.

However, as explained, its more likely the case is to seek a warrant to cut off the supply which has to go through the court first.

Sadly I doubt Ron will be doing time, if only!

I guess we'll find out soon.

Ron certainly won't, it is the club's name on the list, not his.

Crown Court deal with all sorts of cases that progress from Magistrates court alongside appeals following magistrates decision

Also they can deal with simple procedural matters for instance many years ago I had to appear in front of a Crown Court ( normally it was no higher that magistrates court ) as a defaulter had been locked up over night for contempt and he, the defaulter, had to plead his contempt.

As for the NPower bill I very much doubt it’s up to £600k if it is that is the end of SUFC.RH etc aren’t domestic premises so there aren’t any statutory obligations to provide a supply.

The hearing may be around the agreement theyNPower had with RM to personally settle the bill. But if that leads them getting a warrant to cease/ cut off supply my guess is that would be enforced within 24 hours

In my day there were limits as to the levels of debt you could put before Magistrates but if the debt is over £750 the likelihood is that the only way to enforce non payment would be insolvency.

Irrespective I would have thought they NPower would have already joined the Winding Up Proceedings if they could (were they one of the however if the debt is proved and timings are in their favour I suspect they will rejoin the WUO or if not they will embark on an action of their own

Last edited:
Crown Court deal with all sorts of cases that progress from Magistrates court alongside appeals following magistrates decision

Also they can deal with simple procedural matters for instance many years ago I had to appear in front of a Crown Court ( normally it was no higher that magistrates court ) as a defaulter had been locked up over night for contempt and he, the defaulter, had to plead his contempt.

As for the NPower bill I very much doubt it’s up to £600k if it is that is the end of SUFC.RH etc aren’t domestic premises so there aren’t any statutory obligations to provide a supply.

The hearing may be around the agreement theyNPower had with RM to personally settle the bill. But if that leads them getting a warrant to cease/ cut off supply my guess is that would be enforced within 24 hours

In my day there were limits as to the levels of debt you could put before Magistrates but if the debt is over £750 the likelihood is that the only way to enforce non payment would be insolvency.

Irrespective I would have thought they NPower would have already joined the Winding Up Proceedings if they could (were they one of the however if the debt is proved and timings are in their favour I suspect they will rejoin the WUO or if not they will embark on an action of their own
I think nPower were on the petition for the case in May that I attended. However, I think they withdrew by the time of August's hearing, presumably because the club agreed a payment plan. I assume that we've failed to honour this, as per usual.

Wasn't the £600k owed to Emersons?

I think nPower were on the petition for the case in May that I attended. However, I think they withdrew by the time of August's hearing, presumably because the club agreed a payment plan. I assume that we've failed to honour this, as per usual.

Wasn't the £600k owed to Emersons?
The petition was started by HMRC (His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, the UK’s tax authority) over non-paid tax but other creditors have since joined the petition. HMRC’s debt is £275,000 — and is the debt the National League requires the club to clear — but energy supplier nPower is owned a similar amount and electrical contractor Emersons is owed a remarkable 600k.

The petition was started by HMRC (His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, the UK’s tax authority) over non-paid tax but other creditors have since joined the petition. HMRC’s debt is £275,000 — and is the debt the National League requires the club to clear — but energy supplier nPower is owned a similar amount and electrical contractor Emersons is owed a remarkable 600k.
You're right, the 600k was Emerson, not Npower.... so that's outstanding too.
I imagine our supply will be cut soon after todays hearing, then that's our football done at home before being wound up in October. Could possibly be our last game tonight.

If these 3 cases are debt related then it will not be in the Magistrates Court, they will be heard in the County Court. It is possible that an individual or individuals have taken out a CCJ(s) against RM to recover debt.

I think @GBJ has just arrived at the court.

Closeup Portrait Of A Military Sniper Men In Camouflage ...

Back