• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News WUP Court Hearing - 4th October- Case Dismissed.

That's correct.
As explained to me:
Magistrates Court would not usually deal with cases involving such large sums of money and they could see 600k of unpaid money as a serious charge. Some cases like this can be referred to the CPS.

However, as explained, its more likely the case is to seek a warrant to cut off the supply which has to go through the court first.

Sadly I doubt Ron will be doing time, if only!

I guess we'll find out soon.
My gut tells me it's a warrant to cut off the supply. If I recall correctly we were in a court in Chelmsford not too long ago when our water supplier sought a warrant.

But again there's three different matters listed under the club's name. So who knows what else might be in store today.

I think @GBJ has just arrived at the court.

Closeup Portrait Of A Military Sniper Men In Camouflage ...

And this outfit is for when I leave court 😏

IMG_5631.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If these 3 cases are debt related then it will not be in the Magistrates Court, they will be heard in the County Court. It is possible that an individual or individuals have taken out a CCJ(s) against RM to recover debt.

When there was announcement that RM as an official of SUFC had agreed a payment plan with one of the creditors I said then I was sort of surprised about that but there we are

It is highly unlikely that any creditor will be pursuing RM in the Magistrates Court for a company debt ( at this point in time ) it Is a debt owed by trading entity with limited liability. Of course things could become extremely complicated if RM has issued personal guarantees but I very much doubt that is what the hearings are about and as you say the County Court would be an option but so too would the High Court.

I believe this has to be about ending supply and the reason , well the only reason , I can think of there being 3 cases are that 3 warrants are needed ( supply’s to 3 separate points )

I am sure if there is a process for a creditor to re attach it’s self to a WUP for a debt but you would imagine that would happen but even then if the bills post NPower withdrawing haven’t been paid I guess it’s possible for them to add subsequent debt no matter what

One thing that intrigues me is the position re Businesses Rates. SCC only act as agents for this type of liability and if they haven’t paid the likes of NPower you have to wonder what sort of discussion is going on at the Council

Last edited:
If these 3 cases are debt related then it will not be in the Magistrates Court, they will be heard in the County Court. It is possible that an individual or individuals have taken out a CCJ(s) against RM to recover debt.

I would love that. Imagine seeing him on can't pay we will take it away.

Sorry sir I am a high court Sherrif and if you don't pay 100k right now I'm instructed to enter your home and start removing property.

Ron refusing, police called and seeing him in handcuffs for obstruction whilst the Southend hordes chant "rat rat 🐀" would be pure TV gold.

I have just spoken to a senior ex collegue of mine.

He raised a point and something I have absolutely no answer to nor did he

The point was that only one of the 3 cases is in the name of Southend FC LTD . The other two don’t say LTD

Amazing how a man can live in a big house on Benfleet road and drive a Bentley and yet have so much debt.

If that was the average man, you would have bailiffs at the door and car being towed away.
True and seeing him driving out yesterday he doesn’t look like a man up to his arse in debt with everyone against him calling for him to go Just a normal Ron taking the Bentley out for a spin 😡

You're right, the 600k was Emerson, not Npower.... so that's outstanding too.
I imagine our supply will be cut soon after todays hearing, then that's our football done at home before being wound up in October. Could possibly be our last game tonight.

You get 7 days of written notice before power is cut. Saturday will be the last home match in the worst case.

You get 7 days of written notice before power is cut. Saturday will be the last home match in the worst case.
The attached seems to suggest that there is a requirement to give 7 days notice intention to cut off but the inference to me is that it’s only 24 hours notice when a warrant has been obtained

Back