• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our link-up play after we scored was pants.
I'd love to know the stat for successful passes: 30%? O'Toole conceded a pointless yellow card on 21 minutes. Where was the Wycombe player going on the touchline when he clattered into him?
Corr threw up his hands in pained gestures an awful lot for a big guy when challenged, and the defence was average. Jack Payne showed his worth, but Worrall was virtually a spectator.
Huge plus: the 1,089 who dominated the game.

we must look to get a proper fit centre forward in January. I am sorry but it is embarrassing to have so little goal threat compared to the pace Wycombe had there. No, Hayes was not quick, and was lucky not to be sent off, but the reality is that this is the kind of number 9 we need if we are to stand any chance of going up this season. Even more galling when we have midfielders coming out of our ear holes.

Sorry to be negative but.....we beat four of the worst teams...just.....in a terrible league. We have known for a few months that Phil Brown is totally clueless.....Worrall a non starter, Payne a non starter and the list goes on. He now plays with virtually no strikers....just a very poor man's Andy Carroll and he expects to go to good teams with this set up. He signed Deegan....er why?.....He will never be as good as Clifford and the list of mistakes goes on but his bul l sh it fools some on here. Not being negative but it don't look good with him in charge!

Miss Hindsight returns.

Hi. Wycombe fan in peace. I thought

• We were quite good
  • You weren't at all bed
  • Consequently we had one of the most entertaining games at AP this season
  • 4 - 1 was a bit harsh on you but our finishing was largely excellent

The one thing I don't understand is your fans singing "4 - 1 to the referee" and the complaints on here about the sending-off. If you dive in from 8 yards, studs up, miss the ball and catch the man there is no way on God's earth you are not going to get sent off. One or two of you may be a bit embarrassed when you watch the Football League show this evening.

O'Toole was a disgrace today, didn't get a foot in for the first,and just stood and watched idly by as the player came past him for the second. Didn't look interested at all. I hope he was taken off for performing poorly rather than for protection after receiving a yellow(Which wasnt by the way).Poor defending after this as well. Bentley should have saved the third, great strike for their fourth. Wycombe weren't 3 goals better than us, but the sending off ruined any hope of us gaining anything. Can't be sure whether it was a red, don't think anyone can be from our view, but the ref couldn't wait to get his red out. No one really came out with any credit for the blues today unfortunately, except maybe Payne.

Hi. Wycombe fan in peace. I thought

• We were quite good
  • You weren't at all bed
  • Consequently we had one of the most entertaining games at AP this season
  • 4 - 1 was a bit harsh on you but our finishing was largely excellent

The one thing I don't understand is your fans singing "4 - 1 to the referee" and the complaints on here about the sending-off. If you dive in from 8 yards, studs up, miss the ball and catch the man there is no way on God's earth you are not going to get sent off. One or two of you may be a bit embarrassed when you watch the Football League show this evening.

Funny how your player rolled around like he was dying yet got up as soon as our player got the red. It was a 50/50 challenge they both went into hard.

The ref was woeful, missed so so much. Gave O'Toole a yellow card for a shoulder to shoulder challenge yet the Wycombe players were fine to hack through the back of our players freely

No one really came out with any credit for the blues today unfortunately, except maybe Payne.

Payne's too good for us. At one point he hit a 50 yard crossfield ball onto Weston's bootlaces, but Weston's first touch let him down. Not 2 minutes later Payne went on one of his jinking runs, only for Corr (who was "born offside" - quote from Adams Park today) to put himself offside for when Payne released a pass.

PB again made mistakes in selection, not sure how Williams walked straight back in the side, the lad is a liability

Seriously? Who would you have played then considering Thompson was suspended and White was ill; therefore there wasn't really any other option was there!!!

O'Toole can jog on back to Northampton. Williams can go back to where he came from. Not for that challenge, which I think was a fair 50/50 challenge, but for his woeful positioning.

Corr offered zilch the whole game, would much rather Coulthirst played today. Weston made a blinding run and cross for the goal then forgot how to play football.

As soon as we scored, Wycombe put on the pressure and ran through us time and time again. The first 2 goals were inevitable, it was just when.

Most disappointing was the bunch of Southend 'Fans' that walked out as soon as the fourth goal went in.

You may travel all over the country supporting the team but to walk out with 20 mins to go is a disgrace, no matter how the team are doing. True support is through thick and thin, no matter what.

Oh, and the muppets that thought it was funny to kick the barriers over at the final whistle, just give Southend a bad name.

Best bit of the day was the guy as the front who threw himself to the ground and acted like a fish being reeled in, made me laugh. He fell with a thump to the floor though, must have hurt himself

Totally agree with all that DWB
O'Toole can jog on back to Northampton. Williams can go back to where he came from. Not for that challenge, which I think was a fair 50/50 challenge, but for his woeful positioning.

Corr offered zilch the whole game, would much rather Coulthirst played today. Weston made a blinding run and cross for the goal then forgot how to play football.

As soon as we scored, Wycombe put on the pressure and ran through us time and time again. The first 2 goals were inevitable, it was just when.

Most disappointing was the bunch of Southend 'Fans' that walked out as soon as the fourth goal went in.

You may travel all over the country supporting the team but to walk out with 20 mins to go is a disgrace, no matter how the team are doing. True support is through thick and thin, no matter what.

Oh, and the muppets that thought it was funny to kick the barriers over at the final whistle, just give Southend a bad name.

Best bit of the day was the guy as the front who threw himself to the ground and acted like a fish being reeled in, made me laugh. He fell with a thump to the floor though, must have hurt himself

Bentley - 6 - made a couple of good saves. Could have probably done better for the free-kick. Distribution not as good as usual... too many balls hoofed up field - Corr?

Leonard - 6 - Not a bad performance. Got forward well at times.
Prosser - 5 - Gave their forwards far too much room, and closing down was slow to say the least.
Bolger - 5 - Similar to Prosser. A few decent tackles, but too many hoofs for my liking. Neither of our two CB's seem to like to pass the ball out of defence under any circumstances... maybe this is Brown's tactics though?
Williams - 4 - Looked off the pace of the game, cumbersome at times... Red card could be a blessing if Coker is now fit!

Worrall - 5 - Put in the effort, just had an unlucky day. Some good runs, but not as noticeable as in recent weeks.
Payne - 6 - Made some great runs, but often resulted in an under-powered shot or misplaced pass. Great finish for the goal though, was in the right position and took it well.
O'Toole - 4 - Did he do anything at all again today? Seems to stand back and watch others get stuck in, and shys away from main passages of play. Would much rather Clifford.
Timlin - 6 - The hardest working player on the pitch. Was one of our better players today.
Weston - 4 - Great ball for the goal, but his touch is largely woeful and gave the ball away far too many times... which resulted in him being hurled off at half time.

Corr - 4 - Done next to nothing today... Doesn't even seem to win many headers anymore. Needs time on the bench, but for that to happen we need competition for striking positions. Coulthirst isn't the competition Corr needs.

Subs:
Deegan - 6 - Got stuck in and put in the effort required.
Hurst - 3 - Why does he even bother? Gives up on every ball if the opposition player is slightly ahead of him... Not up to it. Doesn't have the passion he used to.
White - 6 - Didn't have too much to do in the 20 minutes he was on. Done a steady enough job.

Ref - 4 - Was generally poor, and must have given the most fouls in any Southend match this season. Thought the red card decision was probably right... looked like studs up - hard to tell from our position.

Fans - 7 - Great singing throughout the match. Shame some of the chavvier supporters felt the need to leave after the third goal... not the kind of thing to boost players' morales when 3-1 down.

Seriously? Who would you have played then considering Thompson was suspended and White was ill; therefore there wasn't really any other option was there!!!

Sokolik could have played centre back, Prosser could have played left back, done it before and ok. Williams was dropped for a reason and today confirmed it. White was on the bench and came on, if he wasn't fit enough then he shouldn't be on the bench to start with. Coker can't come back soon enough, been seriously missed.

Sokolik could have played centre back, Prosser could have played left back, done it before and ok. Williams was dropped for a reason and today confirmed it. White was on the bench and came on, if he wasn't fit enough then he shouldn't be on the bench to start with. Coker can't come back soon enough, been seriously missed.

Apologies sokolik of course wasn't in the squad. Maybe Corr should gave played at the back, didn't do much up top

Sokolik was injured. White looked solid when he came on, he should have started in my opinion

Sokolik was injured. White looked solid when he came on, he should have started in my opinion

White has been ill all week with a virus, I'm sure if was fit enough to play 90 minutes he would have started - although probably at right back so Williams would still have been left back as Sokolik is injured and Thompson suspended.

Back