• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
I am sitting in south london, at my brothers, having a family "doo" and am listening to the crackling reception on my nokia phone radio...(other phones are available) and the atmosphere there by blues supporters...sounds the "nuts.."
i wish i could of gone...it sounds exciting, and good old eastwood has done it again. Bart sounds on form as well. I hope this lasts...
biggrin.gif

Yes J you missed a blinding atmosphere and i would say between 1500-1700 fans some have said 1200 but it has to be more the blocked they shut had to be opened at the start due to over crowding and it holds 2000! i think shrek on the drum also helped a great atmosphere should have popped alone! Also yes bart had a decent game! collected every corner or crossed free kick!

Ground is really good at Wyckers, hope our new one is as good.
Ref gace (or rather didn't) handballs that I have seen given e.g. against Barrett at Bury.
No pies
sad.gif

The support today was very vocal, I was listening on the radio and all i could hear was the Southend faithful in the background. When Freddy scored and the "mass" Blues contingent started singing "EIEIEIO Up The Football League We Go..." and "Dur Dur Duh Freddy Eastwood" you couldn't hear what Alliker and Clarky were saying!

Well sung you lot!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Dec. 26 2004,21:09)]Ground is really good at Wyckers, hope our new one is as good.
Ref gace (or rather didn't) handballs that I have seen given  e.g. against Barrett at Bury.
No pies  
sad.gif
There was pies mate! well there was wen i cued up! wat a atmosphere though! as rob said a great ground but i would rather have the big stand they got and then a stand of the away ends stature along other side and end as there big main stand and the away ends are the only decent stands. other end was standing and the side had about 6 rows laughing out loud!

but we was very loud when we all got going well done guys!

I hate the view behind the goal so we went into the big stand. It had really excellent facilities and a great view too. The roof dripped condensation but none of the locals were bothered when I celebrated the goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ Dec. 26 2004,21:16)]The support today was very vocal, I was listening on the radio and all i could hear was the Southend faithful in the background. When Freddy scored and the "mass" Blues contingent started singing "EIEIEIO Up The Football League We Go..." and "Dur Dur Duh Freddy Eastwood" you couldn't hear what Alliker and Clarky were saying!

Well sung you lot!
wow.gif
laugh.gif
the reason you couldn't hear the commentary was cause blues world was so f**kin **** today.
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Dec. 26 2004,20:41)]Yes J you missed a blinding atmosphere and i would say between  1500-1700 fans some have said 1200 but it has to be more the blocked they shut had to be opened at the start due to over crowding and it holds 2000! i think shrek on the drum also helped a great atmosphere should have popped alone!
Did I attend a different match yesterday ?

Anyone got the right figure ? 950-1000 tops away fans imo?

Good atmosphere though.

biggrin.gif

Also, smug stewards or not, how great to go to a game with no police presence, as far as I could see.  I know Dick Spooner was there but he was in civvies as a supporter.  Presumably WW feel no need to police for teams like us, which is a credit to both teams!  
biggrin.gif
  Bet they have the odd copper out for the Swansea game.

Made a great end to the game coming through the industrial estate with both sets of fans together laughing at Little!! Ginger & Tony Jones with their "**** on the C********r" flag.  Marvellous!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 27 2004,08:06)]Anyone got the right figure ? 950-1000 tops away fans imo?
Would be nice if our programme showed away attendances, like many other teams' programmes do (eg Wycombe yesterday). In fact, would be nice if home attendances were shown along with other useful stats. Surely can't be too hard as most other clubs seem to manage it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 27 2004,08:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Dec. 26 2004,20:41)]Yes J you missed a blinding atmosphere and i would say between  1500-1700 fans some have said 1200 but it has to be more the blocked they shut had to be opened at the start due to over crowding and it holds 2000! i think shrek on the drum also helped a great atmosphere should have popped alone!
Did I attend a different match yesterday ?

Anyone got the right figure ? 950-1000 tops away fans imo?

Good atmosphere though.

biggrin.gif
According to TLG there was Attendance: 5,669 (approx 1,600 away fans)

Back