• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Reading MtS and Kent Shrimpers hatred for Barry Fry has got me rattled too. So I am looking for everyones top 5 most loathed people in SUFC history. They can be ex players, managers, chairmen even the St John Ambulance as long as they are or were on the SUFC books. Bit of rationale for the hatred too please.

1) Barry Fry - Destroyed us when we had a great chance of going up. Not only took the back room staff but robbed the back bone of the side with Hunt, Otto and to a lesser degree Poole all following him. Even had the cheek to dirty the good names of Sammy and the Eagle recruiting them too. Hate him.

2) Nathan Jones - Total no mark for seasons with us. Had one good year and then ****ed off to brighton of all places. Got our own back with a double over them but hated him for that.

3) Nicky Bailey - Again loved by the fans and showed his true colours refusing to play. Total ugly scumbag.

4) Mark Prudhoe - Bit of an irrational hatered but basically he was everything I despised at the time - A fat, northern journeyman who was solely there to pick up his money. Hated him from day one.

5) Graeme Jones - Came here and thought he was the big I am. Never did anything. Fluffed a pen at Rushden and basically was ****. Only goal I ever saw him score was against us. ******.

1 Barry Fry
2 Ed Stein
3 David Howell
4 Karen Brady
5 David Sullivan

I would gladly do time to **** up any of these pariahs.

Anton Jonson: If he had had his way we wouldn't have a team to support.
Vic Jobson: Banned me from owning a season ticket simply because I was the next door neighbour of a lawyer that sued SUFC. He also wasted money with complete disregard of the financial hole he was digging. The £60,000 debt to the lawyer mentioned earlier ended up costing SUFC £500,000 with legal fees etc. He also paid himself £100,000 a year from SUFC.
Barry Fry: For obvious reasons
Karen Brady: Also for obvious reasons
Steve Evans: Why not, it seems fashionable these days!

Graeme Jones isn;t a bad bloke to be fair. Simon Coleman on the other hand is a nobhead.

Top 5:

Anton Johnson - obvious
Steve Thomson - SUFC not good enough for him, he had to go to an assistant manager's job under Murphy?
Mark Rawle - get a decent agent, son. You really screwed up there
Ed Stein - bit leftfield, but Fry was all for staying until Stein urged him to see the bigger picture.
Lee Chapman - one game, didnt want to be here. Tosser

1. Barry Fry
2. Barry Fry
3. Barry Fry
4. Barry Fry
5. Barry Fry

Dishonourable mentions for Donkey Broughton, Keith Dublin, Alvin Martin and John Adams

1. Barry Fry - Fat ****
2. Alvin Martin - Worst manager in our history i.m.o.
3. David Morley - Possibly the worst defender i have ever seen play 30 games + for us
4. Mark Prudhoe - ****
5. Phil Gridlet - I dont remember him doing anything for the team. Why did he play soooo many times?

Sufc employees:

Fry (but not whilst he was here)
Bate
Alvin Martin
Anton Johnson
Vic Jobson
whichever Rubin said "there are 91 other clubs you can go and support"
John Keeley

Other clubs

Brady
Donavan Ricketts - fabricating Racial abuse in an attempt to justify getting sent off
The twunt who writes for the Bradford website "the boys from brazil" for constantly repeating the above lies despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary
Hayter , for breaking Sodjes leg
Warren Goodhind for ruining Jay Smith

1. Barry Fry - Fat ****
2. Alvin Martin - Worst manager in our history i.m.o.
3. David Morley - Possibly the worst defender i have ever seen play 30 games + for us
4. Mark Prudhoe - ****
5. Phil Gridlet - I dont remember him doing anything for the team. Why did he play soooo many times?

I didn't think Grids was too bad - certainly as a tackling midfielder, he was OK. Then he was told he could play a bit of fotball and it went downhill. :sad:

Anton Johnson
The Rubin brothers........RUBINS OUT
Alvin Martin
Clive ?.........(Steward)
and the only player...Dereck Hall.....dam i hated that guy.

Anton Johnson - obvious

Barry Silkman - led a players revolt and threatened strike in the 80's when the club was in turmoil. Didn't need that at the time. Heard him on the radio a few years back championing "honest " football agents (he was one) and then was subsequently - I think, anyway, so I'd better put the obligatory "allegedly" - was involved and named in bung enquiries and also said to the late Bobby Robson that he hoped his cancer spread after a deal went wronmg and he sued Newcastle.

Phil Gridelet - I have always said that it is impossible to be a pro footballer and be rubbish because there are too many selection processes to go through. Gridelet was the exception that proved that rule. Also made us start a half with 9 men because of a totally irrational superstition that he had to be last on the pitch and another player (Chris Powell?) was getting treatment or had lost a contact lens, something like that.

Ritchie Foran - bled us dry and refused to move on when he had the chance

Derek Payne - a real nasty piece of work

Back