• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - Attempt to make money on the back of SUFC, fine. Try do it under the pretence of love for SUFC, do one. As much as I'm overjoyed that we're on the right tracks playing wise, I just can't forgive the way that Tilson/Brush were treated.

Barry Fry - obviously

Nicky Bailey - Was clearly good enough to play higher, handled it appallingly. Looked back upon now, it's my opinion that this was the starting point of Tilson's downfall; may well have made play offs again if he'd stayed.

Peter Taylor - Despise the man, and hope he never gets the chance here again.

Steve Mildenhall - Always got under my skin when he would scream at other players when he'd made an error as if to shift the blame, usually when he'd kicked it straight out of play. Also don't like the way he slagged the club off when he left.

Could have named Jobson or Johnson but I was too young in the 80s to know what they were up to, so have never had the hatred for them that I perhaps feel for Uncle Ron.

Surely there's a difference between hating someone because they were dirty scumbags who p*ssed all over the club for their own personal gain, and hating someone just because they happened to not be very good at football!

By all means hate Barry Fry, Karen Brady, Anton Johnson & a few others who deserve it, but some of the names mentioned are a bit harsh, I mean how can anyone personally hate Drewe? Ok he's not the greatest player in the world but I've never heard anything but good things about him as a person. Phil Gridlet always seemed a nice enough bloke as well, is the fact he was one of Barry's boys from Barnet enough for him to be hated?!

I hate seeing my team lose. As a footballer Drewe's an entirely talentless lump of ****, whose main attribute is his ability to concede free-kicks every time the ball is played forward. This makes my team much more likely to lose. Ergo I hate Drewe.

I hate the fact that we missed out on a plum home FA Cup tie v Chelsea because he couldn't beat a keeper when clean through with no-one around him.

I hate the fact that the only league goal I saw him score in around 30 terrible appearances in a Southend shirt was for LEYTON ORIENT. Even Andy Harris had the common courtesy to ensure that his frequent own goals weren't against local rivals.

I hate the fact when we needed to hold on against Col Ewe he needlessly and stupidly got himself sent off.

I hate the fact that his presence encouraged the team to play **** football. Badly.

I hate the fact that when he was allowed to take a penalty he rolled the ball 5 yards wide and we lost 1-0.

Our turnaround was as much down to us stopping playing Drewe as signing Freddy (and Freddy was amazing).

He might be a nice guy to go for a pint with, but I was paying to watch a game of football and he was inept beyond the call of duty. I've never seen a single player drag a team down so much.

Pete Winkleman, Karen Brady, Delia Smith, John Beck & Steve Evans.

I cannot hate anything or anybody connected with SUFC :winking:

I hate seeing my team lose. As a footballer Drewe's an entirely talentless lump of ****, whose main attribute is his ability to concede free-kicks every time the ball is played forward. This makes my team much more likely to lose. Ergo I hate Drewe.

I hate the fact that we missed out on a plum home FA Cup tie v Chelsea because he couldn't beat a keeper when clean through with no-one around him.

I hate the fact that the only league goal I saw him score in around 30 terrible appearances in a Southend shirt was for LEYTON ORIENT. Even Andy Harris had the common courtesy to ensure that his frequent own goals weren't against local rivals.

I hate the fact when we needed to hold on against Col Ewe he needlessly and stupidly got himself sent off

I hate the fact that his presence encouraged the team to play **** football. Badly.

I hate the fact that when he was allowed to take a penalty he rolled the ball 5 yards wide and we lost 1-0.

Our turnaround was as much down to us stopping playing Drewe as signing Freddy (and Freddy was amazing).

He might be a nice guy to go for a pint with, but I was paying to watch a game of football and he was inept beyond the call of duty. I've never seen a single player drag a team down so much.

but if he was talentless, and if we resorted to **** football when he was in the side, surely his getting sent off would've helped the team effort? :raspberry:

Just Alvin Martin X 5. IMO the worst manager we ever had. He just wouln't go would would he.

I hate the fact when we needed to hold on against Col Ewe he needlessly and stupidly got himself sent off.

Ok fair enough, you really do hate him don't you! I guess its subjective, we all hate people for different reasons I suppose, but for me there has to be some evil intent for someone to deserve to be hated, & I don't think Drewe or a few others mentioned in this thread were deliberately sh*t just to drag the club down. Its not their fault they were picked to play!

Anyway, I respect your reasons!

And also Peter Storrie who I think came from West Spam who came in on £150,000 a year promising to use his contacts to bring in 'new faces' which never happended. From what I can remember we didn't have a reserve team at that time although he promised to get some decent West Spam loanees to help us out. He also let 'brokered' a deal that let the spammers use Roots Hall to let them play their reserve matches for a measly £500 during the winter period, which just made a bad pitch even worse. Then he buggered off somewhere. Nice work!

Barry Fry,Anton Johnson,Vic Jobson,Ron Martin & Ronnie Whelan..........No explanation needed.We all know what each one of em did in harming our beloved club and one is still doing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm expecting Peterborough to come sniffing around Kane in January

Back off fat boy, there's nothing for you here now

My loathing is for parasites who intentionally put their own personal financial gain above the best interests of the club and/or the players.

1. Anton Johnson: Asset-stripping parasite who started the decline of the club from which we have never recovered
2. A whole list of players' parasitic agents who claim to 'act in the best interests of their clients' but are just looking to cut the best commission deal possible for themselves. They should be banned and the PFA should be appointed to negotiate players' contracts with clubs.

Whether the likes of Ron Martin will join my list of parasites only time will tell.

Anton Johnson - No explaination needed
Barry Fry - ****
Gordon Connelly - For ruining too many of my weekends and for being ****
John Gowens - Seemed to end more players careers than reviving them
Ronnie Whelan - inflated ego and was IMO responsible for the crippling contracts dished out to alcoholic players from which we have never recovered

He could drink any player under the bar.

1. Peter Taylor. for pressing the self destruct button in spectacular fashion.
2. Ron Martin. for blurring the line between business and pleasure.
3. Ronnie Whelan. for running a club with a 6,000 gate like a club with a 16,000 gate.
4. Ticket Office Managers. for making gaining entry to roots hall as complicated as possible for the last 15 years.
5. Geoffrey King. for being an old fart.

Bit harsh on Gridlet..He scored a couple of screamers back in the day, also signed a autograph for me in priory park when I was about 10, seemed really nice..although i was 10 so maybe he was wa*k.

1.Barry Fry...don't think anyone has screwed us as bad ever..we basically were playing the best football this club has ever seen, and were going to the Premier League. Then he left..Gary Poole missed a Penalty against West brom we lost 3-0 and we had to put up with the pretty useless Peter Taylor...who for some reason I actually felt quite sorry for..although I was young..

Ron Martin x5 - Still refuses to take any blame for what went on yet takes full credit for anything good happening to the club.

'We will be in the new stadium in 2008'

Only mentioned once in this thread, so I'll name Peter Storrie again. He took a wage but appeared to do nothing to earn it.

Leon Constantine and Mark Rawle for messing about over their contracts, promising to sign new deals then rocking at a new club.

Back