• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As daft as it sounds I would like to own a fleet of tipper lorries plus have the recycling facilities. Never again will I take the **** out of paddies in the muck business. The money involved is astronomical.

If my dear mother hadn't bequeathed me the genes for red/green colour blind I would have loved to have been a pilot.

I did however work for some years as a Water Sampler (no, not that sort of "water") in the North West Highlands of Scotland, which involved driving over a vast range of some of the finest scenery in Britain, going into people's homes to check their tap water (and chat and eat their scones etc) and on a regular basis strapping a rucksack full of bottles on my back and rambling into the hills to get samples from water sources. Unfortunately I had to give it up to look after my wife, and I have now had to watch another pretty decent job go past - Mobile Library Van driver.

What I'm (attempting) to do now. Be an Artist & Illustrator, except you know, successful (able to make a solid living at it). But also write & illustrate graphic novels/comics.

Oh and own a micro-brewery.

Sure we have done this before but I'd have loved to have worked for the RSPCA. Yes I know can easily be done but the money would never be there to support a family

Sure we have done this before but I'd have loved to have worked for the RSPCA. Yes I know can easily be done but the money would never be there to support a family

Most of the big charities have salaried jobs within their structure.

Personally, (and I'm equally sure it's been done on here before) I've always wanted to have my own tea room/country pub, therefore catering for a wide range of different palates.

Cricket statistician for TMS or Sky - being able to travel the world watching and studying cricket without the pressures of being on air.....

I have donated a lot of pets my kids got fed up with to the RSPCA.

The ones that get a bit nasty and nip people however I normally just dump in a laybye.

If my dear mother hadn't bequeathed me the genes for red/green colour blind I would have loved to have been a pilot.

Pilots are just bus drivers without the tattoos and criminal records.

Ironically bus drivers are probably much better equipped to take down a hijacking.

Kind of doing my dream job already. I'm posting this from a hotel reception in Cape Town having spent the last 4/5 days entertaining clients in the evening and being a tourist during the daytime. 3/4 days of meetings and big nights out ahead before 3 more days off in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

I'd give it up tomorrow though to earn my corn composing music for the music or film industries, the real dream that I'm actively pursuing right now. Watch this space!

Back