• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pulls

Nearly got another one!

Jack Derry - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,668, Wage=£537 transfer listed
A steady RH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Flat Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

I wouldn't train. W/K takes up at least 635 of the wage. Put him up for sale.

Yeah, you could get lucky and find he's base respectable WK in which case he would pop to respectable bowling quickly, though you could end up waiting 6 weeks to find out by which time he's a waste of nets.

Better to hope that someone get sucked in by the wage on the TL. Given that you can usually pick up a mid respectable for £300k early season there's no point wasting nets.

I sold him as advised, and got £298k for him, so I can hopefully invest that in someone more worthwhile :thumbsup:

Rubbish

Plays For: Wixams CC
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 6,474
Wages: £541 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

Julian Havill - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,798, Wage=£635
A defensive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours LH Batsmen but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent
Fielding: respectable

I've got plenty of spare nets at the moment, worth whacking a couple on? Would only train up to sell.

Poor again

Plays For: Wixams CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,689
Wages: £606 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Anything over £600 is decent as you can get a pretty quick pop to respectable. Though BA's one will have some wage absorbed by the fielding so I probably wouldn't bother training as if his fielding is high respectable then he'll be base competent bowling.

Oh and two more gash ones for me. Still, can't complain with £800k from one okish pull out of 6.

Meh.

Nicolas Beattir - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,626, Wage=£655 transfer listed
An attacking RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference but has a Finisher trait.

Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Garrrrrrrr, if only I'd gone for a batting pull rather than a bowler!!

Arthur Jeffers (4770406)

Arthur is a defensive RH Batsman, and a steady RH finger spin Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: N-Trance shire
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,663
Wages: £926 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Decent, will fund a couple of weeks wages of the players I bought to try to win my cup game (which may be futile).

Patrick Peart - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,380, Wage=£958
A steady RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Flat Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Solid week for both teams!

Conor Vosloo - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,884, Wage=£891
A steady RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Willy Monkhouse - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,607, Wage=£496
A defensive LH batsman and an attacking LF bowler. He has superb leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Optimistically listed both pulls at £500k, no bid on either. Decided to train Vosloo with the franchise, listed Peart again at £100k and he ended up selling for £650k despite selling after the next training update, bizarre!

Back to rubbish this week.

Saw that, surprised it didn't go higher with his wage. If you get a £1,000+ player in Week 2 or 3 I think it's probably worth popping to proficient then selling. They stand out from the crowd a bit and there's less players being pulled in Weeks 4 and 5.

Saw that, surprised it didn't go higher with his wage. If you get a £1,000+ player in Week 2 or 3 I think it's probably worth popping to proficient then selling. They stand out from the crowd a bit and there's less players being pulled in Weeks 4 and 5.

Fair do's I'll remember that for next time.

Back