• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do you think that he thinks he's going to get his dough back?!

No one - Ron Martin, Tara Brady, Gary Lockett - will ever get any money out of the club because there's no money to give. I'm sure Gary knows that better than anyone.

What about when the Roots Hall sale goes through and the flats etc are sold ?

There will be millions moving around at that point.

Im sure the plan was the development would make a profit which is where they would claw back the debts they incurred getting to that point. Whether there will still be a profit who knows...

Cricko - Shrimper 61 doesn't have a lot of choice but to believe the official statement as that's the only info he and most of us have to go on. Unfortunately, you and your chums won't elaborate on what you supposedly know. If you did then maybe you wouldn't get criticised.

He has other choices.

Other information is made available but if he only chooses to accept the official statements thats his choice.

The club always denied the embargos that were made common knowledge on here.

Information is out there to be judged, its down to the individual to decide if its less or more trustworthy than what the club say.

There are people on here who post news from inside the club that I trust completely, there are others I take with a pinch of salt.

Why do you think that he thinks he's going to get his dough back?!

No one - Ron Martin, Tara Brady, Gary Lockett - will ever get any money out of the club because there's no money to give. I'm sure Gary knows that better than anyone.

So Tara and Gary just donated hundreds of thousands of pounds with no requirement for repayment ? I don't think so.

What about when the Roots Hall sale goes through and the flats etc are sold ?

There will be millions moving around at that point.

Im sure the plan was the development would make a profit which is where they would claw back the debts they incurred getting to that point. Whether there will still be a profit who knows...

I doubt that that is Gary Lockett endgame but if that was then staying as a non executive Director doesn't do anything to protect that, IMO.

The pot of gold is obviously RM's plan but that doesn't mean that any money put into SUFC now is anything other than being thrown away. Might as well chuck it down the toilet for all chance of seeing it again.

I doubt that that is Gary Lockett endgame but if that was then staying as a non executive Director doesn't do anything to protect that, IMO.

The pot of gold is obviously RM's plan but that doesn't mean that any money put into SUFC now is anything other than being thrown away. Might as well chuck it down the toilet for all chance of seeing it again.

Didnt they give money to the Stadium company rather than SUFC ?

I personally have no idea, and I cant believe either put money in with no hope of getting it back, that would be a rubbish loan .

Perhaps Ron found out that Gary doesn't do his shopping at Sainsbury's :reporter:

The thing bugging me is that there is no replacement for him. If this was as amicable as the statement on OS suggests then surely he would be staying on until the new man was in place no?

Indeed, it is the "with immediate effect" that rings the alarm bells. Surely if what was stated was the whole story (or even true) his re-alignment of roles would see him working hand in hand (what a thought) with Ronnie to help identify the right man and to effect a seamless handover.

Didnt they give money to the Stadium company rather than SUFC ?

I personally have no idea, and I cant believe either put money in with no hope of getting it back, that would be a rubbish loan .

I believe Tara's initial investment was to Soccer Stadium PLC. Not sure where his follow up investments where put. GL's previous investments would have been to the club I would imagine but have no idea if he has 'invested' more since taking up the CEO role.

Looking at Gary locketts statement it seems quite clear. Can't see any evidence to support the world is ending.

“The role is more demanding than I first appreciated and I have had to juggle my other responsibilities.

"The Chairman, quite rightly, is very ambitious for the clubs success, as I am, and although Ron originally described the role as 24/7 I perhaps did not appreciate that that is precisely what is required and to balance my other business interests and meet the clubs needs also is simply not practical.

"Nevertheless the Chairman has invited me to remain as a non-executive director which I am very happy to do and look forward to helping him and the rest of the board advance the club, including its move to the new stadium."

I wish those in the know would post clearly the facts instead of many sarcastic, suggestive responses to people who don't know much.

All those posts do is add fuel to the fire, helps nobody and creates in-fighting between fans...which is funnily enough what RM would probably want, if he is as evil as suggestions make out.

I wish those in the know would post clearly the facts instead of many sarcastic, suggestive responses to people who don't know much.

All those posts do is add fuel to the fire, helps nobody and creates in-fighting between fans...which is funnily enough what RM would probably want, if he is as evil as suggestions make out.

There is plenty of information being given to those that choose to actually listen.

Looking at Gary locketts statement it seems quite clear. Can't see any evidence to support the world is ending.

“The role is more demanding than I first appreciated and I have had to juggle my other responsibilities.

Ron doesn't do a thing round here and I can't do it all myself.

"The Chairman, quite rightly, is very ambitious for the clubs success, as I am, and although Ron originally described the role as 24/7 I perhaps did not appreciate that that is precisely what is required and to balance my other business interests and meet the clubs needs also is simply not practical.

I haven't got enough money to bail the club out without a guarantee to get it back- and if you think I'm doing that so Ron can reap the future profits, you're looking at the wrong man.

"Nevertheless the Chairman has invited me to remain as a non-executive director which I am very happy to do and look forward to helping him and the rest of the board advance the club, including its move to the new stadium."

And if you think I'm walking away completely without keeping an eye on what that slippery ******* is up to (while keeping an eye on the money I've already put in) you're very much mistaken.

A possible translation.....

Hate to reiterate my post from a previous forum because it really gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say it,but we really do have to start this club again with the fans in control, yes it may well be impossibly difficult and probably impossible, but ask yourself can we really carry on like this? Stumbling from one crisis to another, respected businessmen jumping ship, no prospect of a new ground,no leadership.
AFC Wimbledon had their club stolen from them and had to hold public trials in a local park to create a new team,they play in the same league as us right now. Frankly I'd love to have been a part of that and Wimbledon fans I know say it has been the best thing that has happened to the THEIR club.
Its a point of view I know and shoot me down thats ok but I've been supporting this club since 1967 and I lived through the Anton years but really where are we going?

Back