• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BEARD

_68695275_anthony_grant.jpg

FEARED

I0000Yc_QDMUviwM.jpg

And when he loses the beard as he has suggested he then becomes an average league two player whereas Grant stays a decent league one player beard or no beard.

Grant might have more skill than deegan but deegan will always put that no nonsense attitude into and against opposition players, most teams need a nasty player in there team and deegan does that on the field for us, grant just wouldn't or was never the same sort of player as deegan, grant would never make our starting eleven in league one for me.

But Granty does do the nasty role, he is horrible to play against, leaves a foot in and is brilliant and making those little fouls that refs don’t notice. The difference is that when somebody tries to play him at his own game his quick feet move the ball away and he wins afoul. I can’t honestly think of a single thing Deegan does better than Grant?

But Granty does do the nasty role, he is horrible to play against, leaves a foot in and is brilliant and making those little fouls that refs don’t notice. The difference is that when somebody tries to play him at his own game his quick feet move the ball away and he wins afoul. I can’t honestly think of a single thing Deegan does better than Grant?

Grows a bigger bushy beard maybe?

From what I can see Lee Angol is out of contract this summer at Luton, although being only 20 we'd still have to pay a fee. Has had a great season in conference south and fit the mrsblue mould, young quick and hungry haha. Seriously though, looks like a very good prospect.

From what I can see Lee Angol is out of contract this summer at Luton, although being only 20 we'd still have to pay a fee. Has had a great season in conference south and fit the mrsblue mould, young quick and hungry haha. Seriously though, looks like a very good prospect.

Not a bad shout at all.

I love the way that Southend fans' transfer targets basically consist of players who used to play for Southend.

Live in the now, guys and galls.

Wasn't Clohessy released by Colchester recently? Was fantastic for us and we could use a right back.

Grant is a lot better than Deegan. All those that worship Deegan is only for his beard. Lets be honest, he is distinctly average league two midfielder. There is a reason why we got him on a month to month contract. Because no one else wanted him. Grant actually knows how to shield a back 4, Deegan doesnt.

Is there a different reason we have then offered him a new deal even after promotion?

Id say Grant was the better player, but Deegan has done well for us.

I love the way that Southend fans' transfer targets basically consist of players who used to play for Southend.

Live in the now, guys and galls.

Grant and Robinson would both be great signings in the now though. People aren't clamouring to re-sign James Lawson (I hope).

Welcome back to 2008/09.... Now if we could just get that Freddy Eastwood back who scored goals for fun. Hopefully we can build a decent squad for this level. There is talent around. Brown needs to sign well.

wonder what Lee Barnard is up to? Proven L1 goalscorer.:whistling:

Welcome back to 2008/09.... Now if we could just get that Freddy Eastwood back who scored goals for fun. Hopefully we can build a decent squad for this level. There is talent around. Brown needs to sign well.

Great call....he'd rip League 2 League 1 to pieces

Not necessarily...this myth has been stated a few times here.

You only have to pay a fee for an out of contract player if the club demands a fee for them. More often than not if a players contract runs out he will be released and become a free agent, regardless of age.

I don't know the circumstances for this particular guy, but a fee would not be necessary in the vast majority of these cases.
Angol may of course be an exception...I have no idea. But it is not correct to say we'd need to pay a fee just because he's only 20.

Back