• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I got the balls

i agree with you trueblue, i love stevie tilson and there's no doubt he's a great manager but at the moment, were losing against teams we really shouldn't, and imagine if we got points off exeter, carlisle, oldham etc etc..we would be flying in the top half of the table and we should, because we have got a quality team i'm just not sure what's happening! and i agree that every time we lose to teams we shouldn't (e.g. exeter), stevie t is always saying we should of got something more out of it. say something elsee pleaseeee! :(

southend united till i die

He has had no money to put together a squad.

What on earth do you expect??!?!?

Jeez.

If Tilly walks , would Brush ?

If Brush doesn't would the new man want him or would we be looking at money we haven't got being needed to pay the compensation ?

We currently have not got two pennies to rub together. RM would get mauled on here if we got a new manager in and then gave him no money to work with.
And were we to get another winding up order after he paid off Tilly and Brush there would be uproar too.

We are deep in the brown stuff and sitting tight' spending as little as possible in order to stay in this division and hope that the ship that is FF comes in early next year(by May) is the only course for this season.

Any spending is inadvisable to be honest and yeah , I would rather take relegation this season than spend and stay up only to start - 10 points next year and FF has fallen flat because we have go into administration.

If Tilly walks , would Brush ?

If Brush doesn't would the new man want him or would we be looking at money we haven't got being needed to pay the compensation ?

We currently have not got two pennies to rub together. RM would get mauled on here if we got a new manager in and then gave him no money to work with.
And were we to get another winding up order after he paid off Tilly and Brush there would be uproar too.

We are deep in the brown stuff and sitting tight' spending as little as possible in order to stay in this division and hope that the ship that is FF comes in early next year(by May) is the only course for this season.

Any spending is inadvisable to be honest and yeah , I would rather take relegation this season than spend and stay up only to start - 10 points next year and FF has fallen flat because we have go into administration.

Can't see Tilly walking myself, with or without Brushy.

Problem is T+B have become very predictable tactically - only use 442 come what may - and sides know what to expect.

They could get away with it when they had a play maker called Kevin Maher, a shotstopper called Daryl Flahavan and a talisman up front whose name I can't remember anymore. plus a number of experienced professionals helping out behind the scenes.

Other clubs have worked this out by now and although T+B may get on the beauty parades, I'll be amazed if a 'bigger' club offers them something.

Time for some variation in the way we play, some creativity from set pieces and some better discipline, all of which will cost us precisely nothing.

Must admit, i am getting pretty tiresome of Tilson, his like i say, like i say, like i say interviews on BBC Essex, on how we didn't get the rub of the green, blaming the ref, blaming the pitch etc etc. He never blames himself or the players for a defeat. Yes we have no money, and no great squad, Tilson has done good work over the years, but its all gone stale IMHO. A change would be no bad thing, i'm sure someone could come in and work with little or no money. Look at all the good non league managers that can work miracles with no resources etc. Thanks for all your work over the years Tilly, love ya to bits, but like everything, all good things must come to an end.

Must admit, i am getting pretty tiresome of Tilson, his like i say, like i say, like i say interviews on BBC Essex, on how we didn't get the rub of the green, blaming the ref, blaming the pitch etc etc. He never blames himself or the players for a defeat. Yes we have no money, and no great squad, Tilson has done good work over the years, but its all gone stale IMHO. A change would be no bad thing, i'm sure someone could come in and work with little or no money. Look at all the good non league managers that can work miracles with no resources etc. Thanks for all your work over the years Tilly, love ya to bits, but like everything, all good things must come to an end.

You've been posting about wanting him to leave for as long as he's been here, so as tired you are of his interviews, I am 10 times as tired of your posts about him.

This season's problems aren't down to him. And he's not going to slate a set of players publically who have played without pay at least once this season.

Move on Tilson just because everybody else is blinded by the gormless muddling through every season I poxy well ain't this club needs changes from top to bottom some of you on here need the balls to stand up and say shen things ain't right and now is that time I would rather stab myself in the face them read another pathetic comment about how we should have got something out of the game just sod off

You are a Buffoon Scott. A proper grade A buffoon..

"you never know what you had 'til it's gone.. "

You are a Buffoon Scott. A proper grade A buffoon..

"you never know what you had 'til it's gone.. "

Agree with this. Its all well and good speculating about getting in a new manager, but I think people would find that a new man would do no better in the long term, and then its too late.

I agree with some posts about Tilson blaming everyone but the squad etc and I do think he needs to improve tactically, but nobody is perfect. Get rid of Tilson and you risk becoming like every other joke club that sacks a manager after a below average half season, goes through a manager every couple of months and achieves nothing

Martin Allen will do it really don't bother me who it's time for change
Sorry, this comment just makes you look stupid. Have you talked to any Cheltenham fans? A good mate of mine commentates for BBC Gloucestershire and he tells me that everyone connected to the club thought that he was a twit. He took them down to league two last year - remember?
He also needs to have the balls to make a change. Time and time again changes are made in the last five minutes when its too late. Look at Hartlepool when Scannell came on. Okay it was forced when Laurent took a knock but he played well and created quite a few chances.
You are exaggerating Scannell's contribution but he put in a very good cross that led to a goal which surely makes that a GOOD substitution at the RIGHT time that led to a VICTORY! Laurent played a blinder so he was right to try to keep him on.
Today, he made two brave, attacking substitutions twenty minutes from time. Iberhe (foolishly) got himself sent off and the resulting formation arguably almost led to a worse defeat. Yes, I sometimes get frustrated at the late substitutions but it is easy to be wise after the event and your example is a bad one.

IMO Tilly is a really good manager, Even with the slightly improved situation in the last couple of weeks with the embargo removed and players returning from injuries and suspensions he still has one of the smallest squads in the league. I am struggling to comprehend some of the posts on this thread!

Last edited:
Sorry, this comment just makes you look stupid. Have you talked to any Cheltenham fans? A good mate of mine commentates for BBC Gloucestershire and he tells me that everyone connected to the club thought that he was a twit. He took them down to league two last year - remember?

You are exaggerating Scannell's contribution but he put in a very good cross that led to a goal which surely makes that a GOOD substitution at the RIGHT time that led to a VICTORY! Laurent played a blinder so he was right to try to keep him on.
Today, he made two brave, attacking substitutions twenty minutes from time. Iberhe (foolishly) got himself sent off and the resulting formation almost led to a worse defeat. Yes, I sometimes get frustrated at the late substitutions but it is easy to be wise after the event and your example is a bad one.

IMO Tilly is a really good manager and I can't believe some of this thread!

Wasn't at the game today and couldnt even get the radio working so didnt know that, but full credit to him. Guess that just shows that he is learning, albeit slowly. Agree with the last bit though - there is a difference between criticism and calling for somebody to get the sack - its nonsense to think southend would be any better off without him

Yaay lets get rid Tilson and replace him with one of the managers on the merry go round! Failures such as Jim Magilton and Martin Allen.

Deffinatly agree that Tilson is deffinatly a decent manager and is the right man, but when i watch us sometimes, the late subs, transfer buys and the reactions and body language from the managment can be frustrating. I sometimes wish tilly would get hold of the players a bit more and give them more of a bollocking, i do feel like sometimes we need a neil warnock kind of figure showing loads of passion and maybe we would see more points in certain games, but its not worth the risk, hes a decent manager, has a shoe string to work with, and in my opinion hes working with the worse squad weve had since maybe the wignall days

Only thing i would say is we should change our style of play away from home as it clearly is not working.

Spot on. Barney and Laurent are the only one's capable of scoring away at the moment and yet they hardly touched the ball first half. The last time Freedman played away, he didn't touch the ball until about the 65th minute, what a joke.

Barney hasn't got great pace but is so deadly and very clever in the penalty area and gets a yard on his marker by using his brain. Can you imagine how many he would score in a creative team that feeds him more.

RM would get mauled on here if we got a new manager in and then gave him no money to work with.

Oh yes he would get mauled on here, protests would be planned (they would last for all of 5 minutes before the people involved get slagged off) but if the team started losing RM wouldn't get the blame on the terraces

I sometimes wish tilly would get hold of the players a bit more and give them more of a bollocking, i do feel like sometimes we need a neil warnock kind of figure showing loads of passion and maybe we would see more points in certain games

So you don't think Tilly has loads of passion for Southend United? He's spent nearly 20 years at the club in various capacities but you think somebody such as Neil Warnock who has no association whatsoever with Southend United could have more passion for the club?

Martin Allen will do it really don't bother me who it's time for change

So you'd like to replace our manager who is Southend through and through, won promotions, had cup runs etc and replace him with somebody who's achieved nothing in their managerial career and has just left a club who are 21st in League Two?!

Simple its not tilsons fault were losing at places like exeter etc its the chairmans fault of failing to a run a professional club correctly and leaving the manager without a pot to **** in

Back