• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Annual Awards 2009

Zoner of the Year: Tarquin!

Best Signature: DtS Scannell one

Thread of the year: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55840

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar: Osy, sorry mate

Most deluded Zoner: OBL on the Macca ramblings

Funniest Zoner: Nzambia Shrimper

Zoner most knowledgeable about football: I'll go for Beefy, although YB, Southend Neil and Canveyshrimper are all posters who know their stuff.

Best fans to visit the Hall: Leeds were loud

Worst fans to visit the Hall: dunno really

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year: OBL gets this I reckon!

Most likeable Zoner:Hard to single anyone out I'd say, also all on here are very nice people, especially the ones I've met. I'll say Slipper, he's also got something positive to say about anyone

Best overseas Zoner - Libertine, sorry Beefy!

Best newcomer. - Berrichone Shrimper

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life: ESB, Rusty or Slipperduke

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life: No-one I can think of, honestly

Zoner of the Year - TrueBlue

Best Signature - Ayshire Blue

Thread of the year - "Never tire of these!"

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar - Osymandus

Most deluded Zoner - Wiggy. 'Nuff said.

Funniest Zoner - Tarquin

Zoner most knowledgeable about football - Yorkshire Blue

Laziest Moderator - Cricko. ;)

Best fans to visit the Hall - Southampton

Worst fans to visit the Hall - Millwall

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - OldBlueLady! ;)

Most likeable Zoner - Most of you are alright.

Best overseas Zoner - Libertine

Best newcomer -

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life -

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life -

Zoner of the Year. Watermill Wino for bringing TZ travel to the masses & not just SOL!

Best Signature. Irish Shrimpers "Cheat" signature! Like the Murphy's I'm not bitter!!

Thread of the year. My one with this photo in it! It made a lot of people smile & was copied my numerous Zoners & FB'ers

IMG_1132A-1.jpg

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar. The late Aberdeen Shrimper

Most deluded Zoner. True Blue. God thinks he is True Blue!

Funniest Zoner. Tarquin for consistency! The funniest thread is another matter.

Zoner most knowledgeable about football. Anybody that agrees with me! Nobody stands out head & shoulders above others. Lord Football, if I had to pick one

Laziest Moderator. Harry! Getting BlueBlood to help with the prediction league!

Best fans to visit the Hall. Leeds. Best away support in the country. Away sell outs for over 95% of all Div 1 games since relegation

Worst fans to visit the Hall. Leicester. In a word, Scum!

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year. OBL. The easiest fishing too!

Most likeable Zoner. Loads to mention. The female section, even OBL & most of those I've met over the last 12 months for the 1st time. Watermill Wino gets my vote.

Best overseas Zoner: Libertine

Best newcomer. Roxy, what a lovely person.

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life. Libertine, but only in Brisbane!

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life. There are a few & that is all I will say. Probably RM or Geoff Wayne King's spy on SZ!

Zoner of the Year - Rusty

Thread of the year - Various

Most deluded Zoner - GHG (Jealous of popular people!).

Funniest Zoner - Tarquin

Laziest Moderator - Cricko. ;)

Best fans to visit the Hall -

Worst fans to visit the Hall -

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - MC/Me

Most likeable Zoner - SBH/The Big Shrimp.

Best overseas Zoner - Berrichonne

Best newcomer -

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life - MC (bet he is a right nice bloke)

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life -None

On behalf of Aberdeen Shrimper:

Zoner of the Year – Rusty/Stereo

Thread of the year - Various

Most deluded Zoner – GHG (he can’t stand popular poster….Jealous!!).

Funniest Zoner - Tarquin

Laziest Moderator - Uxbridge

Best fans to visit the Hall -

Worst fans to visit the Hall -

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - MC

Most likeable Zoner – SBH/Big Shrimp/Canada

Best overseas Zoner – Canada Shrimper

Best newcomer -

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life – MC (for obvious reasons)/ Canada (top top bloke)

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life -

Zoner of the Year - OBL

Best Signature - Scannell's Pies

Thread of the year - Awkward Facebook Likes

Most deluded Zoner - Wiggy.

Funniest Zoner - Tarquin

Laziest Moderator - :cricko:

Best fans to visit the Hall - Leeds

Worst fans to visit the Hall - Millwall

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year - OBL, Sorry Kay

Most likeable Zoner - Most of you seem nice.

Best overseas Zoner - Libertine

Best newcomer - Roxy

Zoner of the Year - Dave the Shrimper:clap:

Best Signature -

Thread of the year -SZBB:cool:

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar - Osymandus:clap:

Most deluded Zoner - Johnny Stokes:dim:

Funniest Zoner - McNasty:D

Zoner most knowledgeable about football - AndyS

Laziest Moderator - South Bank Hanks:whistling:

Best fans to visit the Hall - Leeds

Worst fans to visit the Hall - Millwall:punch:

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year -OBL:offtopic:

Most likeable Zoner - Cricko:liar:

Best overseas Zoner - Berrichonne

Best newcomer - Tarquin:clap:

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life -Genial Harry Grout:)

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life - Johnny Stokes:p

Zoner of the Year. Rusty.

Best Signature. They're all rubbish.

Thread of the year.
The things you wouldn't hear at Roots Hall one. Nik Alliker "A wonderful pinpoint defence splitting pass from McCormack".....

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar. Anyone who uses text speak.

Most deluded Zoner. OBL. Sorry!

Funniest Zoner. Nzamba Legend.

Zoner most knowledgeable about football. A Century "we're gonna get spanked" United, and Yorkshire Blue.

Laziest Moderator. I am sure you're all lovely.....

Best fans to visit the Hall. Erm, not been to much this year due to my life being a bit all over the place, but they've all been dull. Can I nominate Man City in our Division 1 relegation season. Much fun on the Train after the match. No? Never mind.

Worst fans to visit the Hall. An award for me, as I've only visited once this year. Damn glory hunters. Col U game if anyone gives one. Apologies for the self indulgence.

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year. Hands down winner OBL!

Most likeable Zoner. Canvey Shrimper.

Best overseas Zoner. Yogi. Great Match thread posts.

Best newcomer. Southend Neil.

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life. Can I have a pub gathering of Rusty, MK, Blueblood, Brettie Angell, Nobby Snide and Shrimpero? Thought not.

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life. Really really sorry, but narcissism is not an attractive trait, so OBL.

Last edited:
Never ever is that a word I would have expected to see associated with me, you really do NOT know or understand me at all.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines narcissistic personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
  1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited green rep, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. requires excessive admiration and green rep
  5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations, especially from mods and green rep
  6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her when red rep is given
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes when red rep is placed upon her
It is also a requirement of DSM-IV that a diagnosis of any specific personality disorder also satisfies a set of general personality disorder criteria.

I still have absolutely NO idea how you can possibly think that applies to me (except the unedited bits! :whistling:)

Back