• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Annual Awards 2009

Zoner of the year: Cricko! Seriously, none of you could possibly know just how much this guy does behind the scenes to keep this place running smoothly. The work the rest of us put in pales into insignificance. Thanks John!! Otherwise, Tarquin has been outstanding!

Best signature:
Trueblue - superb mate!

Thread of the year: The 2009 Deadpool just for having Barry Chuckle in there as a wild card. Inspired.

Shrimperzone award for criminal spelling and grammar: Sorry Osy, you own the crown. I miss Murkey Mouse!!!

Most deluded zoner: Wiggy - blatantly - but I think I'm a little bit in love with her anyway!

:slurp:

Zoner most knowledgeable about football: Most of you us talk total bollocks most of the time and I'm the only there's not one person who really stands out.

Laziest moderator: Cricko. Obviously.

Best fans at the Hall: Them wot get behind the team, innit.

Worst fans at the Hall: "You're **** Gower". Yes, Fasto, I'm looking at you! ;)

Off topic zoner of the year: OBL. We're discussing naming this place ShrOBLzone next year.

Most likeable zoner: Harry aka Canvey Shrimper. What. A. Nice. Guy.

Best overseas zoner: Overseas Shrimper. Always will be as he turned me into a Shrimper.

Best newcomer: Southend4Ever seems to have made an entrance.

Zoner you would most like to meet: CCCsiders, N'Zamba Legend, Tarquin and Mad Cyril. How can they be so consistently funny!? Also... Wiggy for reasons already given.

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life: None. It's always surprised me how even those that act up like complete ****s on here tend to be decent people when you meet them.

Zoner of the Year. Cricko, as others have said he does an awful lot of stuff "behind the scenes" for the benefit of the Zone. And a special mention for Hawkwell Blue.

Best Signature. A late comer but DtS's Scannel Pies gets my vote.

Thread of the year. A toss up between the Totty Trophy or the Heroes thread which my nomination Horatio Nelson won.

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar. Sorry osy but it's a no contest mate.

Most deluded Zoner. Tony the Kray for constantly calling for Tilly's head only for Tilly to prove him wrong time and again.

Funniest Zoner. Tarquin

Zoner most knowledgeable about football. This is a tough one Yorkshire, Slipperduke and I like BoyWonder2.

Laziest Moderator. :cricko: Well with all his other activities.

Best fans to visit the Hall. Southend or Southampton.

Worst fans to visit the Hall. Leicester *****.

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year. Sorry Kay. :'(:obl:

Most likeable Zoner. My old mate Firestorm.

Best overseas Zoner - Tony - Berrichone is France overseas?

Best newcomer. Shrimpero.

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life. A Century United & Shrimpero who owes me a pint. ;)

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life. None really.

That's not bad for post 15000. Think I'll get a life now.

Congrats Harry - you didn't get anything like the treatment I did the other day! :clap:

Well at least i get a category to myself ;) (It's abuse i tell ya ! My medium is interpretive dance grrr !!!)

Berrichone : She ??

Zoner of the Year : Tough this year its normally Nap's Slipper or ... Rusty , hmm Slpper i think

Best Signature : N/A

Thread of the year : Keep it a liberal Love in and Say MK , though Jointly shared by Rusty (as i would have nothing to reply to )

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar : No idea ;)

Most deluded Zoner : I couldnt really say , there's been some bad arguments but your mostly sound (but maybe TB and the power of his steak Dinners as aphrodisiacs)

Funniest Zoner : Tarquin

Zoner most knowledgeable about football : Slipper

Laziest Moderator : MTS

Best fans to visit the Hall :

Worst fans to visit the Hall :

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year : MK (or maybe me)

Most likeable Zoner : Cricko

Best overseas Zoner : Canada

Best newcomer :

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life : Nap's, Rusty or Pickled

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life : Tarquin , i wouldnt want the illusion shattered

Just hedging my bets osy,if you are a woman then id be up for it if you are a bloke the hey im up for it as long as there is no spelling onvolved.

Congrats Harry - you didn't get anything like the treatment I did the other day! :clap:

I kept that low profile. :D

It wasn't exactly me that made mine high profile! :nope:

:offtopic: See above. :p

As if a point needed proving!!

:whistling:

So then folks...

ShrOBLzone?
ShrimperZOBL?
OldBlueLadyGarden?
Or shall we just go with plain and simple "Old Blue Lady's personal playzone"?

As if a point needed proving!!

:whistling:

So then folks...

ShrOBLzone?
ShrimperZOBL?
OldBlueLadyGarden?
Or shall we just go with plain and simple "Old Blue Lady's personal playzone"?

Blame Harry too, G, he was equally culpable!

And what about OBL's comfy place? ;) Have to say your last suggestion brings something altogether different to mind! :stunned:

Zoner of the Year: EastStandBlue. A bit grumpy at times but always readable and lots of LOLs.

Best Signature: OBL. Nice wordplay (the "Have a Macca Christmas" one)

Thread of the year: "Words/Expressions Not Heard at SUFC" or "Films that have scared you" which revived childhood nightmares or maybe "Sammy the Shrimp" for sheer surreality.

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar: Trueblue for drunken rant "I got (sic) the balls"

Most deluded Zoner: Jonny Stokes, the Orient supporter. The word 'deluded' doesn't even cover his summary of the derby on Monday.

Funniest Zoner: Canveyshrimper. Nearly made me spill my tea on my nice new Macbook on several occasions

Zoner most knowledgeable about football: There's no one I agree with consistently enough.........

Best fans to visit the Hall: Probs Leeds. They know how to sing which, as a music teacher, I appreciate.

Worst fans to visit the Hall: Millwall - throwing coins at Mildy. Bunch of thugs.

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year: Uxbridge Shrimper comparing Scannell to a scarecrow. That was just, like, WEIRD.

Most likeable Zoner: Probs Matt the Shrimp. Seems like a nice guy.

Best overseas Zoner: Barnablue Don't know where the heck Barna is but it sounds pretty exotic to me.

Best newcomer. Bilbyboy

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life: As a Glaswegian myself, GlasgowSUFC

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life: davewebbsbrain - sorry, didn't like that rant about Madeleine McCann's parents much

Thanks for the memories!

Last edited:
Zoner of the Year. Cricko, sterling work for the zone

Best Signature. Ayrshire Blue has talent it has to be said

Thread of the year. I always like Rustys rambling thread. Viva the right!!

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar. Osy by a country mile.

Most deluded Zoner. Aberdeen Shrimper, you really are not that popular.

Funniest Zoner. Tarquin, pure genius

Zoner most knowledgeable about football. Lord Football for me.

Laziest Moderator. Cricko, damn slacker.

Best fans to visit the Hall. One game all season hardly qualifies me to comment

Worst fans to visit the Hall. Ditto

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year. OBL, MK Shrimper a close second

Most likeable Zoner. Tough choice but Dave the Shrimper just shaves it. With only two exceptions I have pretty much liked everyone I have met from here.

Best overseas Zoner. Barrichone Shrimper, jolly nice chap.

Best newcomer. Spartan was/is a dick but you had to smile at his rants.

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life. Barrichone Shrimper, I get the feeling we know each other but I can't put my finger on it.

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life. You can't dislike anyone really without meeting them face to face.

Zoner of the Year: EastStandBlue. A bit grumpy at times but always readable and lots of LOLs.

Best Signature: OBL. Nice wordplay.

Thread of the year: "Words/Expressions Not Heard at SUFC" or "Films that have scared you" which revived childhood nightmares or maybe "Sammy the Shrimp" for sheer surreality.

ShrimperZone award for criminal spelling and grammar: Trueblue for drunken rant "I got (sic) the balls"

Most deluded Zoner: Jonny Stokes, the Orient supporter. The word 'deluded; doesn't even cover his summary of the derby on Monday.

Funniest Zoner: Canveyshrimper. Made me nearly spill my tea on my nice new Macbook on several occasions

Zoner most knowledgeable about football: There's no one I agree with consistently enough.........

Best fans to visit the Hall: Probs Leeds. They know how to sing which, as a music teacher, I appreciate.

Worst fans to visit the Hall: Millwall - throwing coins at Mildy. Bunch of thugs.

'Off Topic' Zoner of the year: Uxbridge Shrimper comparing Scannell to a scarecrow. That was just, like, WEIRD.

Most likeable Zoner: Probs Matt the Shrimp. Seems like a nice guy.

Zoner you would most like to meet in real life: As a Glaswegian myself, GlasgowSUFC

Zoner you would least like to meet in real life: davewebbsbrain - sorry, didn't like that rant about Madeleine McCann's parents much

Thanks for the memories!

Such a shame, you were next on my list to take out for a curry, beer and a good old get to know you chat.

Such a shame, you were next on my list to take out for a curry, beer and a good old get to know you chat.

dont take it personnelly Webby!!! after all I think you are , I am and we all are a very small group of self centred individuals who make up a pin head of the worlds football fans opinions, so many experts for such a small place.....

for me there is only one award and that is for OBL fingers, for humerously letting her type the biggest barrell of brown smelly stuff that I have ever had the misfortune of reading over the past few years, and they dont look like they are ready to put her out of her misery any time soon

put your little digits together and give them a clap.........

dont take it personnelly Webby!!! after all I think you are , I am and we all are a very small group of self centred individuals who make up a pin head of the worlds football fans opinions, so many experts for such a small place.....

for me there is only one award and that is for OBL fingers, for humerously letting her type the biggest barrell of brown smelly stuff that I have ever had the misfortune of reading over the past few years, and they dont look like they are ready to put her out of her misery any time soon

Nah, not taken personally lol, was very much posted in fun. I love all Southend fans, whether I get on with them on here or not. after all, we all support the same team, the mighty blues and I hold no grudge, as you say, we all have our own opinions, it's what makes the world go round.

Is this a compliment at all? :unsure:

Back