• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planned Protest/ Boycott of the Ipswich Town Pre-Season Game

It is now encumbant on every Southend United fan to attend the demonstration on Friday. It is clear we are the only thing left who can save this club.

I am not going to attend the game. I am not giving that man anymore of my money so he can kill my club.

I would urge as many people to attend the demo, but no one to attend the game.

A crowd of 0, with a huge demo outside, may just get the message through to that man.

And before I hear the "support the players" line trotted out again, its beyond that. We only have 9 players and I doubt most will still be around come the start of the season (assuming we do start it). Now is the time to boycott, this is the game to do it. Our time is now. We must grab it.

It is now encumbant on every Southend United fan to attend the demonstration on Friday. It is clear we are the only thing left who can save this club.

I am not going to attend the game. I am not giving that man anymore of my money so he can kill my club.

A crowd of 0, with a huge demo outside, may just get the message through to that man.

And before I hear the "support the players" line trotted out again, its beyond that. We only have 9 players and I doubt most will still be around come the start of the season (assuming we do start it). Now is the time to boycott, this is the game to do it. Our time is now. We must grab it.

Agreed 100%, we can't just sit by and watch the destruction of our club anymore!

Spot on. Also do not be blinded by the announcement of a new manager. Its time to act.

All the arrangement over this protest and I bet you the coward won't even show up.

He will be 'advised' by the police to stay away. And everyone who turns up to peacefully protest, will have one of those pathetic video cameras thrust into their faces by the local plod, which will antagonise loyal fans even more.

Im gonna watch the game, havent been to footy since last day of the season, I miss the old place, Im gonna do both, have a sing song then go watch sturrocks 12 new signings in action, c c csiders

Im gonna watch the game, havent been to footy since last day of the season, I miss the old place, Im gonna do both, have a sing song then go watch sturrocks 12 new signings in action, c c csiders

Enjoy yourself and have a good sing song on your own. maybe the club will phone you up and ask you what time you would like the game played.

Enjoy yourself and have a good sing song on your own. maybe the club will phone you up and ask you what time you would like the game played.

na kick off time is ok for me finish work at six down to the fish house, sing martin out for a while then pop into my second home roots hall

Well I have managed to swap my shifts around at work so I can be there, so count me in

any protest and/or boycott would effect players and new management - we must move forward n support the TEAM

any protest and/or boycott would effect players and new management - we must move forward n support the TEAM

I do tend to agree with that. We should all still turn up, if the game is on or not.
Show our love for this club.
The protest must still go ahead, even if we attend the game, we should all still attend.

Last edited:
I do tend to agree with that. We should all still turn up, if the game is on or not.
Show our love for this club.
The protest must still go ahead, even if we attend the game, we should all still attend.

Well that one has foxed me...:dizzy:

Quick vid I put together last night

[video=youtube;CVgvUjNrdJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVgvUjNrdJQ[/video]

What is everyones thoughts then? Do we protest? What do we do?
Do we attend the game now?
If we somehow manage to have a descent size squad for Friday and the friendly actually goes ahead, do we go and support the new management team? and the new players?

What is everyones thoughts then? Do we protest? What do we do?
Do we attend the game now?
If we somehow manage to have a descent size squad for Friday and the friendly actually goes ahead, do we go and support the new management team? and the new players?

Im gonna do both, were skint why deny the club vital funds? but I do want martin out, so as i said above will demonstrate pre game but pop in and say welcome to sturrock

NO DO NOT GO IN!

Its a pre-season match!
Sturrock and co will have their support first league game of the season,

Basically Ron has won over the fans just by getting a Manager and a assistant!
Stay outside the Ground, and protest

RON OUT!

NO DO NOT GO IN!

Its a pre-season match!
Sturrock and co will have their support first league game of the season,

Basically Ron has won over the fans just by getting a Manager and a assistant!
Stay outside the Ground, and protest

RON OUT!

I hate to say this...but Ron could have actually turned it around....

Back