• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I heard some interesting things away at oxford.
Paul sturrock is very close friends with both harry redknapp and sir alex and both of which have offered us 3 bright prospects on season long loans.
I'm not surprised that he gets on well with Sir Alex. I hope the Redknapp bit is right as I thought we had burnt our boats with him after the problems over Dervite, the best loan signing I have seen at Roots Hall.

I am assuming Zaaboub will join Spencer on their way out - neither of them even made the bench yesterday despite us being short of bodies.

As I suspected (it was a guess I had no inside info.) - looks like I'll be needing a new sig. strip then!

It's nice to be linked with a player of Benyon's quality, but forget it guys, it's just not going to happen.

We can't compete with the likes of Swindon and other higher league clubs in a bidding war. If given a choice of clubs, I don't think he would choose Southend anyway. The postponement of all those games and loss of much needed revenue, if rumours are true, It's left the club on it's knees, then any transfer fee for the likes of Grant, would be used for survival at the moment rather than for buying players.

I'm not surprised that he gets on well with Sir Alex. I hope the Redknapp bit is right as I thought we had burnt our boats with him after the problems over Dervite, the best loan signing I have seen at Roots Hall.

what problems with dervite?

Earlier in the season I heard something about PS going out to france to lok at a player. He told me that it was one of mohsni's friends but Idon't know what he's name is.

Okay, back at work and here's what the rumour mill is churning:

Grant is wanted by two CCC clubs and three or four L1 sides - there is money on the table.
Spencer is staying, Sturrock has told him he will be given the opportunity to show him what he's got.
Zaboub as we know is going to Algeria and Simpson to Crawley Town.
There is one Premiership team interested in Mohsni, but nothing firm yet.
Sean Clohessy is being looked at by two L1 clubs, both scouts were at the game yesterday.
Matt Paterson is wanted by at least two L1 one clubs and two L2 clubs.
Herd, despite recent performances may depart on loan along with Harry Crawford.

We did make a bid for Elliot Benyon, it was rejected. Benyon will not come to Southend, he wants to further his career not join a struggling outfit. Sturrock has been looking at another CB, but I haven't got a name yet. There is credence in another European player coming in.

I think this could be an interesting window for us. I like the way PS isn't scared to make changes (not 5 mins from the end of the match, Mr Tilson !!) and I think he now has a much better idea of the players that he signed at short notice.

I heard from somewhere behind me at the Cheltenham home game that Simpson wanted £35k signing on fee! ( has anyone else heard this)

Okay, back at work and here's what the rumour mill is churning:

Grant is wanted by two CCC clubs and three or four L1 sides - there is money on the table.
Palarse, Swansea?

Spencer is staying, Sturrock has told him he will be given the opportunity to show him what he's got.
Good.

Zaboub as we know is going to Algeria and Simpson to Crawley Town.

There is one Premiership team interested in Mohsni, but nothing firm yet.
Wolves?

Sean Clohessy is being looked at by two L1 clubs, both scouts were at the game yesterday.
No surprise. Been impressed with him.

Matt Paterson is wanted by at least two L1 one clubs and two L2 clubs.
Bournemouth one of them?

Herd, despite recent performances may depart on loan along with Harry Crawford.
Shame. But if PS does not rate them, then they need game time.

We did make a bid for Elliot Benyon, it was rejected. Benyon will not come to Southend, he wants to further his career not join a struggling outfit.
Shock horror.

Sturrock has been looking at another CB, but I haven't got a name yet.
Would suggest one or more of our CB's is on the move then?

There is credence in another European player coming in.
Bardhyl Kaqiu or Florent Aziri? Both amazing talents from Kosovo. I think we have looked at Aziri before?

Cheers TB. Very interesting. I have put a few questions in bold.

Last edited:
Wasn't Aziri the winger who came in on trial, missed the trial game due to international clearance and then had another pop, looking a bit hit and miss?

For what it's worth, I've heard Sturrock has been back in France looking at another player and is really keen to bring this one over. Prosser could be moved on within the next week or two, and several Premiership clubs have been watching Moshni, including Villa, although this hasn't gone much further. I'd say that they'll be keeping tabs on his progression and may make a move in the Summer if he continues to improve.

I heard from somewhere behind me at the Cheltenham home game that Simpson wanted £35k signing on fee! ( has anyone else heard this)

It's not that he wanted or even asked for it, it's just that Crawley offered it to him, plus a wage that most clubs in either League 1 or 2 couldn't match. That has been confirmed in print by Crawley Town themselves.

I wouldn't judge Simpson too harshly in this. In any walk of life, if you wanted to earn decent money, and someone offers you far more than any other would, almost everybody in that position would accept the offer.

Also Ithink that when it said that PS was looking at someone from France in 2007. It might of been Comminges because he was in France in 2007

Back