• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't boo players, only moan about them on here or to mates. I'm not surprised BS was booed on Monday, as his obvious lack of effort & interest was so obvious. He may have had a reason, but even crap players put in more effort than he did.

It still doesn't make it right to boo your own players though.

Are you serious.Were you actually at the game ?

I agree BS is no Denis Bergkamp, but one thing you cannot accuse him of is effort. He ran down the channels and was constantly on the move trying to make space.

Oxford being one, Dagenham being the other...

....... okay, I'll bite.

To start with he didn't play at Dagenham, but was involved in the 70 minute training kick about at Wakering.

However on the same day the entire Cheltenham team were involved in a full scale League match. If any players were tired, it should have been theirs not ours.

Are you serious.Were you actually at the game ?

I agree BS is no Denis Bergkamp, but one thing you cannot accuse him of is effort. He ran down the channels and was constantly on the move trying to make space.

Of course I was & have probably seen more games than you. He would regularly lose the ball & barely make a token effort to get the ball back. Maybe he was knackered from the Oxford game, in which case his father is at fault for not taking him off!

Of course I was & have probably seen more games than you. He would regularly lose the ball & barely make a token effort to get the ball back. Maybe he was knackered from the Oxford game, in which case his father is at fault for not taking him off!

:unsure: He was taken off.

....... okay, I'll bite.

To start with he didn't play at Dagenham, but was involved in the 70 minute training kick about at Wakering.

However on the same day the entire Cheltenham team were involved in a full scale League match. If any players were tired, it should have been theirs not ours.

Apologies, I didn't see any report of his performance at Wakering (although most of these were obsessed instead with Lyle Della-Verde's goal, and Grant's outburst), so assumed he played at Dagenham.

Whether the Cheltenham team were tired or not is neither here nor there, Sturrock looked lethargic on the ball and it was fairly obvious that he was labouring by the time he was rightfully subbed off. It's the questioning of his effort and commitment I have a problem with, not the physical condition of our opposition.

I doubt very much you have mate.

I thought a few of the team were suffering from brutal man flu during the week so could explain a bit of the lethargy.

Back