• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also Ithink that when it said that PS was looking at someone from France in 2007. It might of been Comminges because he was in France in 2007

PS went on a scouting mission to look at a striker on the continenent Nov/Dec 2010 as it was reported in the Echo

We'll probably find out about the player soon. Also, yesterday on the Football League Show they said something about Southend submitting another loan bid for Midson but it had been turned down.

We'll probably find out about the player soon. Also, yesterday on the Football League Show they said something about Southend submitting another loan bid for Midson but it had been turned down.

What they actually said was that there was talk of Southend making another loan offer for Midson, as I understand it though no bid has been made as yet. Pretty pointless now after his hat-trick yesterday anyway.....

Scored more in his last 2 league starts than Blair has all season.

I was disappointed with the crowd reaction to the substitution of BS yesterday. You can't simply judge a player purely on the number of goals they score - even if they are a forward. BS like Barry Corr works extremely hard for the team every time he is called upon and the oppo's centre-halves always know they have had a game. The distinct lack of quality we have now in midfield and defence (with the exception of Grant) leads me to think that a pairing of Rooney and Drogba would struggle to score many more in that team. But lets not be too hard on the team generally - they only reflect the desperate situation we now find ourselves following the financial mis-management of the club in recent years.

It's nice to be linked with a player of Benyon's quality, but forget it guys, it's just not going to happen.

We can't compete with the likes of Swindon and other higher league clubs in a bidding war. If given a choice of clubs, I don't think he would choose Southend anyway. The postponement of all those games and loss of much needed revenue, if rumours are true, It's left the club on it's knees, then any transfer fee for the likes of Grant, would be used for survival at the moment rather than for buying players.

Word is that he's going to Bournemouth.

I was disappointed with the crowd reaction to the substitution of BS yesterday. You can't simply judge a player purely on the number of goals they score - even if they are a forward. BS like Barry Corr works extremely hard for the team every time he is called upon and the oppo's centre-halves always know they have had a game. The distinct lack of quality we have now in midfield and defence (with the exception of Grant) leads me to think that a pairing of Rooney and Drogba would struggle to score many more in that team. But lets not be too hard on the team generally - they only reflect the desperate situation we now find ourselves following the financial mis-management of the club in recent years.

I agree this is the case when the rest of the team are banging goals. However, when you don't have the quality in the team, to chip in with goals, it must come down to your strikers.

I agree this is the case when the rest of the team are banging goals. However, when you don't have the quality in the team, to chip in with goals, it must come down to your strikers.

We've scored in each of our last 8 games.

In fact, we've only been blanked four times this season. This time last year we'd been blanked eight times despite the presence of a 20 goal a season man in Lee Barnard.

So are you in fact saying our forwards are doing a good job?

We've scored in each of our last 8 games.

In fact, we've only been blanked four times this season. This time last year we'd been blanked eight times despite the presence of a 20 goal a season man in Lee Barnard.

So are you in fact saying our forwards are doing a good job?

Yes and no.

You can't say they've been brilliant, but they haven't been totally ****.

Worryingly, Sturrock and Corr combined, have scored less than half of our total league goals (11 out of 24). Now, if the rest of the team/loanees hadn't chipped in with the other 13 goals, we'd be in serious trouble.

Yes and no.

Worryingly, Sturrock and Corr combined, have scored less than half of our total league goals (11 out of 24). Now, if the rest of the team/loanees hadn't chipped in with the other 13 goals, we'd be in serious trouble.

Yes, we'd amost certainly be relegated if we only bothered playing with two players.

Yes and no.

Your two main strikers should never be scoring more than half of your goals.

Chaps I just find the reaction BS got from a not inconsiderable number of supporters on Monday when substituted unjustified and embarrassing.

And frankly I'm amazed how some supporters seem by their actions (or inaction) MORE accepting of the fact that we get so little open, honest, reliable information from the Board regarding the current health, challenges, aspirations and future of the club - than the fact the manager happens to pick his son !!

For both these reasons PS should be on the phone to the Bristol Rovers chairman as we speak and I for one wouldn't blame him.

Chaps I just find the reaction BS got from a not inconsiderable number of supporters on Monday when substituted unjustified and embarrassing.

And frankly I'm amazed how some supporters seem by their actions (or inaction) MORE accepting of the fact that we get so little open, honest, reliable information from the Board regarding the current health, challenges, aspirations and future of the club - than the fact the manager happens to pick his son !!

For both these reasons PS should be on the phone to the Bristol Rovers chairman as we speak and I for one wouldn't blame him.

I don't boo players, only moan about them on here or to mates. I'm not surprised BS was booed on Monday, as his obvious lack of effort & interest was so obvious. He may have had a reason, but even crap players put in more effort than he did.

It still doesn't make it right to boo your own players though.

I don't boo players, only moan about them on here or to mates. I'm not surprised BS was booed on Monday, as his obvious lack of effort & interest was so obvious. He may have had a reason, but even crap players put in more effort than he did.

You can accuse Sturrock of a lot of things, but having a lack of effort and interest is certainly not one of them. His display on Monday screamed of somebody who was tired from the previous two games in short succession.

You can accuse Sturrock of a lot of things, but having a lack of effort and interest is certainly not one of them. His display on Monday screamed of somebody who was tired from the previous two games in short succession.

**Sits back and waits for Mick to read this thread**

Eh? As out of sorts as Sturrock was on Monday, he certainly didn't lack effort. He was continually trying to work the channels and tracked back into midfield on numerous occasions when we didn't have possession. On the ball he was poor but lazy? No chance.

Back