• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Even if I was out of work mate I would do everything in my power to see Southend play simple as that

That does not make me better then anybody but its how I feel

to me its everything

I am not saying you wouldnt but if your bills were more than your incomings and you had mouthes to feed then you would have to think long and hard about what you real priorites were.

Be good to see you back at the ground Sam, I'm sure smokers' corner still exists!

Good stuff Sam/Jon. I got on the property ladder this summer (big shout out to DtS who helped us with the mortgage) and so we've had to tighten our belts a bit, which is probably one of the numerous reasons I haven't made it to a game yet this season. As others have eloquently put, sometimes there are more important things, and I'm sure many of the more mature posters would agree that there are times when SUFC takes a little bit of a back seat. I also don't think that it's necessarily bad that when the club are going through bad times that people don't quite have the urge to go week-in-week-out. People moan about the gloryhunters/fair weather fans, but I think this is a separate issue. The current financial climate has hit football from top to bottom, but it's good to see some true fans who can start coming back to watch games.

As Dave say's Football is a hobby and not a must. Mortgage/Rent/Bills and family should always come first. If there's anything left after that then football is an option just like holidays/Pub. Anyone that doesn't live with these priorities needs their heads testing.

Scott, your day will come when you are not subsidised by parents and have to prioritise more!
Gareth, you are quite right, it sounds as though you are sensible enough to be putting enough away for the important things, once you have a place then mortgage and bills etc come in Im sure you'll agree that SUFC doesn't come first then.

True Blue could always apply to the club to become a steward... free football although you do have to spend most of the game watching the crowd.

More interesting than some of last seasons games and the Burton match though...

Sorry to thread divert but every time I see this thread I can't help but think of this...

[video=youtube;U0kJHQpvgB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8[/video]

Please carry on.

As everyone has said , its all about priorities.

When I was saving for my first place , many years ago and when money was tight , mortgages rates increasing young family etc, something had to give. I prioritised , fags and beer went and I could just about justify buying a season ticket.
That said I was lucky, I was still in work, redundancy would be a different issue.

I think the thread title says it all, every (Southend) fan IS special.We all have different lifestyles, views and backgrounds. Some are better off than others, some are more vocal than others but at the end of the day we all love southend and do our bit in what ever way we can. Even if we cant get to all the matches our heart is still there.

Together we become a special crowd.:Worthy:

To be fair yeah my time will come but I am going to do my damndest to stop it! :smile:

Best have a vasectomy then!

Trust me bloke, when your time comes and there's a little TrueBlue smiling back at you, there will be no contest. Southend United will come a very distant second.

He will be taken to football!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, trust me, boy, he won't, well, maybe once, for the first few years at least.

You will be amazed at the short attention span anyone under the age of five or six has, 45 minutes sitting watching football seems like an age to them, all they want to do is go out back and kick a ball around themselves; very little interest in watching others do it.....

Scott, trust me, boy, he won't, well, maybe once, for the first few years at least.

You will be amazed at the short attention span anyone under the age of five or six has, 45 minutes sitting watching football seems like an age to them, all they want to do is go out back and kick a ball around themselves; very little interest in watching others do it.....

Yeah , I mean look at Milky these days, bored at half time and he is 10 years old..:winking:

Best have a vasectomy then!

Trust me bloke, when your time comes and there's a little TrueBlue smiling back at you, there will be no contest. Southend United will come a very distant second.

I am sure , finances withstanding, popping out to a game is still perfectly viable when you have children. 2-2 1/2 hours on a Saturday is not a particularly long time to be away from the nipper (especially as it will coincide with the afternoon nap). Evening games kick off after bed time so there is no issue there.

Away games are , however, a different proposition, as are Home games which start at 10 in the pub and go back to the pub after the game,

The further away from the ground you live, the greater the time football takes out of the day and the greater the cost. Then there becomes a point where even home games are not considered.

That may be the case with some, but the person I sit next to has been bringing his son since about the age of 3 and he's loved every second of it, he is now 10-11 and is the one of them who is up and ready to get out the door to get to The Hall.

So it may be the case with some but not all.

That may be the case with some, but the person I sit next to has been bringing his son since about the age of 3 and he's loved every second of it, he is now 10-11 and is the one of them who is up and ready to get out the door to get to The Hall.

So it may be the case with some but not all.

Fair enough OBD, there's always exceptions.....

Back