• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fair enough OBD, there's always exceptions.....

Not much choice though to be honest, I remember seeing the lad being thrown in the air at Northampton away when Barret scored a brace, I think he was about 3 or something then. :stunned:

You can force things upon children it depends if you want to ruin their lives with 75 years atleast of watching Southend United. That's what I plan on anyway when the misses finally realises it's quite serious! :smile:
LOL!

For those of you returning on Saturday, please don't be too disappointed by the quality of the football.

True Blue, I take most of the things you say tongue in cheek, but if you think that watching Southend would come before bills and feeding your family then you have a lot to learn and it's a bit rich coming from someone who is kept by their parents anyway.....

We too are saving 25k in a year but the difference is, after putting savings away first and foremost, we get the inevitable flurry of birthdays every month not to mention the fact I have been to 11 weddings this year (2 still to go) which has had a big impact on our finances. With a fair few of these weddings being really good mates, turning down the stag/hen do's wasnt an option for us. Where as turning down a SUFC ST was. Our friends are more important to us than watching football therefore we prioritised in that way.

I would say it was more a matter of justification that priority in my case. I can honestly say that if Southend drew a massive team in the cup and tickets were £50 - I wouldnt be going. I just couldnt justify £50 on something that would last 90 minutes at the moment. There is no doubt that we could afford to buy a ST each if we could justify it, however I feel that putting it in the bank would be much better, when you are saving for something you are going to get what you want quicker if you sacrifice a few things and that is what we decided to do. Priority is a different thing, if I had to choose between my shopping bill for the week or a ticket on a Saturday (as some may well have to) then it would be a no brainer. anyone that thinks watching Southend is a necessity in life clearly has never lived in the real world.

Back