• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
I have a response from Tara this morning, regarding shareholders and the promotions that we used to get under the previous stewardship.

I'm not aware of us extending offers to shareholders but we have previously given shareholders priority levels on big games like season card holders get.

I'm keen to give season ticket holders as much privilege and benefit for their purchase as possible. Our season ticket holders are the lifeblood of our business.

Since I came on board in January I've focused most of my efforts getting the product right i.e. a winning team. In addition to increased value by quality I've tried to be conscious of what it costs to get this right and hope the fans respond accordingly. My main customers are the ones who have been paying regularly since I joined. I've tried to provide a balance. We had a promotion for all fans a few weeks ago and will continue to look to give all fans including shareholders as much value as possible. Finally at the fans forum I held in july I outlined the plan, the direct style of play and my commitment to the supporters that I would get us promoted, I was promised in return by the fans that they would come out in force and suppost the team. We've now got the winning team.

Therefore the shares as a much use as toilet paper.

The only promotion I remember regarding shareholders has been with the big cup games.What other promotions have I missed out on?

Therefore the shares as a much use as toilet paper.

I'm a shareholder and a season ticket holder. I buy a season ticket every season to get me into games and to get benefits (such as first shout for cup and away tickets).

I bought the shares to get me financial information about the club and to allow me to get into the AGM to listen to and question its directors.

The shares cost a few quid many years ago and so I don't expect them to entitle me to anything other than access to the AGM - why should they?

Shares in football clubs have and always will be worthless.

Well done to those who parted with their cash a couple of years ago. But, if you thought they would entitle you to any "unique benefits" then I am afraid you were sadly mistaken.

It's a bit like that "Legacy" shirt. Has anyone who was mad enough to pay for one, actually got one yet?

Finally at the fans forum I held in july I outlined the plan, the direct style of play and my commitment to the supporters that I would get us promoted, I was promised in return by the fans that they would come out in force and suppost the team. We've now got the winning team.

This is the bit which interested me, TB is basically saying its time for the fans to step up

I'm a shareholder and a season ticket holder. I buy a season ticket every season to get me into games and to get benefits (such as first shout for cup and away tickets).

I bought the shares to get me financial information about the club and to allow me to get into the AGM to listen to and question its directors.

The shares cost a few quid many years ago and so I don't expect them to entitle me to anything other than access to the AGM - why should they?

Exactly my reasoning. Plus I can s**** into the Park hotel for the AGM AND nibbles in the buffet afterwards with Ron and Tara, this appeals to my shallow pride.

The only promotion I remember regarding shareholders has been with the big cup games.What other promotions have I missed out on?

Indeed, as Tara mentions in his opening sentence. As a shareholder for nigh on 45 years I have no recollection of previously being showered with promotions and freebies. I see no reason why someone who has bought perhaps one share in order to go to AGMs etc should get benefits on a par with season ticket holders who have paid up front for their tickets year on year and are as the man says "the lifeblood of the business" (silly me, I thought it was Sainsbury's keeping us alive).

Collected JPT ticket and I must say I'm getting quite used to paying for tickets with a handful of small change rather than my credit card. I think the club are being more than reasonable with prices at the moment. What is it you were wanting to be getting as a shareholder ?

This is the bit which interested me, TB is basically saying its time for the fans to step up

This fan would step up if he lived a bit closer.

I don't expect to be showered with "freebies" or a life time of £1 tickets, just a realisation that some of us can't buy season tickets due to various reasons, so when the "big " games come about we're considered - definitely agreed second best to season ticket holders.

I knew I shouldn't have messed with capitalism. :unsure:

Yep and I fully agree.

What more do the football loving public of Southend want?

We look to have steadied the ship financially (touch wood)
We have made some very good signings.
We have brought in a very canny and wise manager, who a lot of rival fans would say is the best at this level.
We are top of the league.
We have not lost in 16 games (Long may that continue)
We have put on more ticket offers pre-xmas, than I have ever known.
We have a Chief Exec who is probably one of the most open and honest guys we have ever had on the board.

It is indeed time for the town to get behind it's club again. The attendance on Saturday was much more encouraging. Let's hope we continue to see a sharp rise in gates. Those lads on the pitch deserve it.

Also a shareholder and have had a season ticket for many season's.
As most would proabably agree buying shares in a football club is not a real investment in respect you can general expect to get a financial return it is more a decision made out of loyalty which may have a couple of benefits. One of which is going to the AGM and the other has been in the past priority to big cup like Chelsea.

I certainly agree with Tare that season ticket holders are the ' lifeblood of our business ' but do feel that when we get a big cup tie when tickets may be in short supply people that parted with hundreds of pounds to help the club should after season ticket holders be given priority over the casual fan.

This fan would step up if he lived a bit closer.

I don't expect to be showered with "freebies" or a life time of £1 tickets, just a realisation that some of us can't buy season tickets due to various reasons, so when the "big " games come about we're considered - definitely agreed second best to season ticket holders.

I knew I shouldn't have messed with capitalism. :unsure:

I am sure we will be able to pay the wages to sustain a promotion push with reasons why people have not bought tickets. :winking:

The bottom line is bums on seats , without the bums we will be near the bottom

I am sure we will be able to pay the wages to sustain a promotion push with reasons why people have not bought tickets. :winking:

The bottom line is bums on seats , without the bums we will be near the bottom

Yep and this will be the question people need to ask themselves when it comes to the next waive of Season Card applications/General Sales...

It's simple. The more seats we fill, the more money we will have to build a better team. So, it comes down to the football loving public of Southend. Do you want a successful team, a mediocre team or a **** team....??

Attendances and success go hand in hand. Most of the time...

Last edited:
I brought Dad and some shares when they came out.

If you did it to make a profit or ever expecting to see that money again then your mad. It was a decision with the heart not the head.

Lets also be honest assuming most people brought the minimum which I think was £250 per person what are you really hoping to get get privledges wise for less than the cost of a season ticket? We need to reward as Tara says I think the fans that are coming on a regular basis. Lets be honest its not to much of a step for the fan that comes to half the home games to become a full seaso next season at thats what the club relys on.

I think you get first dibs on where you want to sit in the new ground.. So a 'long term' investment then

The winning team is great, that's the be-all-and-end-all as we need to get out of this division asap. The style of play clearly works or we wouldn't be top, Luggy is a master tactician and knows best on that front. However Tara may just have to accept that the attendances we had the last time we were promoted from this league were slightly higher due to the more attractive and entertaining football we played under Tilson. That's not a dig at Luggy whatsoever as he's doing a magnificent job but the fact is it's not just success but also the style in which you achieve it that goes hand-in-hand with attendances.

Personally I'd rather play direct and get out of this league but I can understand to an extent if a minority of supporters don't want to part with hard-earned cash to watch a long-ball side.

The winning team is great, that's the be-all-and-end-all as we need to get out of this division asap. The style of play clearly works or we wouldn't be top, Luggy is a master tactician and knows best on that front. However Tara may just have to accept that the attendances we had the last time we were promoted from this league were slightly higher due to the more attractive and entertaining football we played under Tilson. That's not a dig at Luggy whatsoever as he's doing a magnificent job but the fact is it's not just success but also the style in which you achieve it that goes hand-in-hand with attendances.

Personally I'd rather play direct and get out of this league but I can understand to an extent if a minority of supporters don't want to part with hard-earned cash to watch a long-ball side.

General question - Do people see us as a long ball side as I really dont. Preston for example I felt were long ball.

General question - Do people see us as a long ball side as I really dont. Preston for example I felt were long ball.

Hmmm, I'd probably go with a yes on that one. We're very direct most of the time, it's not always pretty to watch but it seems to be effective at this level. Personally though with the side we have I still think we'd be top of the table if we played a more passing style of play. In particular Dicko, Harris and Hall would benefit from keeping the ball on the deck a bit more than we do now.

Majority of the time, we are IMO and as has been said, isnt as pretty to watch but doubly effective!!

I wait Cuckoo Corner before/after matches and make obscene gestures to passing away supporter coaches.

If that's not being the 12th man I don't know what is.

Majority of the time, we are IMO and as has been said, isnt as pretty to watch but doubly effective!!

I dont really get the pretty to watch comments (in general not aimed at Kev).

We have literally taken a few sides apart (Torquay, Rotherham, Barnet) etc by having better players than them and outclassing them. Hall in partuclar has given us some real flair moments and I think were good to watch all be it were not knocking 40 passes about before we score. I still personally find a hard working hard side good to watch.

Back