• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benefit Society !

mrsblue

Banned
The Tories intend to freeze benefits for the unemployed and so called needy .

I discovered recently a family I know receive £2,400 every 4 weeks excluding their council rent,Add the rent costs and they are on 3k or take home £750 each and every week!

How many of us take home £38,000 after tax,I certainly don't.
How many of us can visit London zoo en masse with lunch included for free!

Whilst many of us worry about bills there are many who do not contribute yet are better off than hard working taxpayers.

Strange society.

I discovered recently a family I know receive £2,400 every 4 weeks excluding their council rent,Add the rent costs and they are on 3k or take home £750 each and every week!

Whilst many of us worry about bills there are many who do not contribute yet are better off than hard working taxpayers.

Strange society.

I'd go to Edinborough zoo,if I were you.

Apparently, there are more panda´s there (two) than Tory MP's (one), in the whole of Scotland.:winking:

Last edited:

"You discovered,but I presume donot know the reasons why, it maybe practical to go and ask them if you are so outraged you need to put it on this site how they get this amount"

"Many people do, I do and my kids who have been to uni and worked hard also do, perhaps you should try and change you life style,never to late"

"Vocherland has some great deals on Zoo trips "

" Not allways the truth, the media like to make news, try and work in the WP and though some are on the take, many claim correctly, try and lose the rage and reflect and think more carefully, makes the heart rate lower and live longer"

Strange society.

" No not society is strange, just the people who live in it that makes it so "

Sorry my replies came out in the quote

UTS

" No not society is strange, just the people who live in it that makes it so "

Sorry my replies came out in the quote

UTS

You and your children are lucky then to be all clearing in excess of 38k after tax !!The majority however do not !

The welfare system is there to assist/help people not to give them a luxury lifestyle .The family concerned are caning the system as I know the truth about them which I won't divulge on here.

By the way I am only 25 and take home a reasonable amount which will be enhanced greatly once fully qualified and hopefully I will surpass the figures mentioned but thank you for your advice.

Very handy for people who live in the south of England, that.

Actually I went up to Edinburgh in August, only took a couple of hours and nearly £300 to get there. Quite pricey but luckily my benefits covered it.

Actually I went up to Edinburgh in August, only took a couple of hours and nearly £300 to get there. Quite pricey but luckily my benefits covered it.

Contact them as I am sure they will reimburse your travel costs:winking:

Strange society.

You and your children are lucky then to be all clearing in excess of 38k after tax !!The majority however do not !

The welfare system is there to assist/help people not to give them a luxury lifestyle .The family concerned are caning the system as I know the truth about them which I won't divulge on here.

By the way I am only 25 and take home a reasonable amount which will be enhanced greatly once fully qualified and hopefully I will surpass the figures mentioned but thank you for your advice.

Can I just clarify something? You say "The welfare system is there to assist/help people not to give them a luxury lifestyle." However, you also mention that they live in a council house. With all due respect to any council tenants, I wouldn't for a second call living in a council house a "luxury lifestyle". Please can you explain what you mean?

Can I just clarify something? You say "The welfare system is there to assist/help people not to give them a luxury lifestyle." However, you also mention that they live in a council house. With all due respect to any council tenants, I wouldn't for a second call living in a council house a "luxury lifestyle". Please can you explain what you mean?

Regardless of their dwelling they still receive £2400 every 4 weeks,I know many who purchased their council house and transformed their home into a very pleasant property indeed.

LB don't be a snob !

So you think people who dont go out to work deserve more than a council house? Should we be offering 5 bedroom luxury accomodations to those who dont work? Maybe we can hook them up with one of those Porsche 4x4s too? Send their 18 kids to private school and make sure we send them to the Bahamas twice a year at least!

I'll vote for a government where my taxes are tripled so that I can watch the work-shy live in the lap of luxury.

Regardless of their dwelling they still receive £2400 every 4 weeks,I know many who purchased their council house and transformed their home into a very pleasant property indeed.

LB don't be a snob !

I'm not being a snob. I'm just asking you to be a bit more measured in the language you use. I would say the type of house a premiership footballer lives in would constitute a luxury lifestyle, not a council house.

You may not like the fact that they get as much in benefits as they do, but as has also been pointed out to you by Blueronron, you don't (or haven't asked them) why. Until you do I wouldn't make assumptions, or use language that can't be justified.

So you think people who dont go out to work deserve more than a council house? Should we be offering 5 bedroom luxury accomodations to those who dont work? Maybe we can hook them up with one of those Porsche 4x4s too? Send their 18 kids to private school and make sure we send them to the Bahamas twice a year at least!

I'll vote for a government where my taxes are tripled so that I can watch the work-shy live in the lap of luxury.

Blimey you've made a lot of unsubstantiated assumptions.

I'm not being a snob. I'm just asking you to be a bit more measured in the language you use. I would say the type of house a premiership footballer lives in would constitute a luxury lifestyle, not a council house.

You may not like the fact that they get as much in benefits as they do, but as has also been pointed out to you by Blueronron, you don't (or haven't asked them) why. Until you do I wouldn't make assumptions, or use language that can't be justified.

I already explained I know the family details and will not explain in full on here ,Having known them for many year's yet only recently discovered their financial handouts.

They IMO are taking the wee wee.

Is child benefit only a universal benefit (well kind of) for parents because it'd cost more than it'd save to make it means based? Don't get me wrong, I like getting it, but don't think I need it necessarily.

Assume John Smith lives in a council house with his spouse and 2 children,John works hard and takes home 500 after tax each week yet because of his income John cannot claim or tax credits or any other assistance,John after paying his bills and buying food cannot afford trips to the zoo as he has just spent a fortune on his children's school uniform,John is a proud man and soldiers on in the hope it will get better,Johns wife Helen is a lazy bugger whose only chores are the school run twice a day then cleaning the house whilst completing the laundry and ironing then preparing dinner where she duly washes up then takes one of her children to an evening activity.

John's brother Colin lives next door with his partner and 3 children,Colin loves going fishing at least twice a week and also enjoys having drinks most days often becoming a drunken bore,Colin will watch telly until late which makes him very tired so normally will not wake until mid morning,Colin and his partner Sue often take their children to various events regardless of cost,Sue will often join Colin in a drinking binge and because of her being drunk the daily chores are put to one side for another day.
Colin and Sue receive £250 every week more than John yet both don't do a stroke of work.

Strange society.

I think you will find that your figures are wrong. How many children are living at that address? and be honest.
The rent for a council house in this area is about £500 per month maximum. Most being around the £400 mark.
Those figures would only make sense if they had over 6 children living there, and both parents were claiming ESA support group, or disability allowance.

Strange society.

How many kids do they have?

By the way, here are the official benefit caps from the gov.uk site.

There’s a limit on the total amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to 64 can get. This is called the benefit cap.
How much is the benefit cap?
The level of the cap is:

£500 a week for couples (with or without children living with them)
£500 a week for single parents whose children live with them
£350 a week for single adults who don’t have children, or whose children don’t live with them
This may mean the amount you get for certain benefits will go down to make sure that the total amount you get isn’t more than the cap level.

That's all benefits including housing benefit(rent).
So the maximum they could get is £500 per week= £2000 per month.
So where do you get this £2400 plus rent from?

Assume John Smith lives in a council house with his spouse and 2 children,John works hard and takes home 500 after tax each week yet because of his income John cannot claim or tax credits or any other assistance,John after paying his bills and buying food cannot afford trips to the zoo as he has just spent a fortune on his children's school uniform,John is a proud man and soldiers on in the hope it will get better,Johns wife Helen is a lazy bugger whose only chores are the school run twice a day then cleaning the house whilst completing the laundry and ironing then preparing dinner where she duly washes up then takes one of her children to an evening activity.

I take exception to this comment - how is that being a "lazy bugger"?

Back