• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I know this is going to sound ridiculous but my wife and I have bought our sons a refurbished Samsung tablet each. That way they will leave our phones and my wife's iPad alone.

My job on Monday is to set them up so that when we give them to the boys they're ready to use straight away. Given that the boys are 4 and 6 I want to make sure the tablets are as child proof as possible.

The first question I have is that to download games they'll need a gmail account. So, do I just use my account, or do I set them up with their own? I assume I can hide the email and internet apps from them, and not even set the email up. Given that no-one will know these email addresses (not even the boys themselves) I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

I also don't want them to pay for any apps, or even make any in-app purchases. I also don't want them to be able to download any unsuitable apps. Any further tips on how to child proof the tablets would be gratefully received.

Not sure about your specific case, but it is annoying that Apple (and others I guess) haven't integrated a decent 'kids mode' which allows certain apps to be used and others to be blocked, and bans purchases etc.

I had a guy at work moaning that he'd given his ipad to his toddler and 2 seconds later he'd managed to delete unread emails (convenient excuse maybe!)

I know it's a bit late LB, but you could of bought specific kids tablets - Innotab Max for example is less than £90.

I know it's a bit late LB, but you could of bought specific kids tablets - Innotab Max for example is less than £90.

They've already had a leapPad and an Innotab. The eldest has pretty much outgrown his, and the younger won't use them. They both prefer the Ipad games etc! We've sold those two, which between them paid for one of the new tablets.

They've already had a leapPad and an Innotab. The eldest has pretty much outgrown his, and the younger won't use them. They both prefer the Ipad games etc! We've sold those two, which between them paid for one of the new tablets.

Oh! My daughter quite happily taps away at the keyboard without actually doing anything - at the moment she'd rather play with her trains or her dolls (yes, all bases covered!)

The new Amazon Fire HD has a kid's mode I think.

Definitely set up separate gmail accounts - you can control them all from a master anyway. And you can lock app purchases easily enough.

Back