• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I expect this to be a tough bruising battle with the winners probably being the team that keeps 11 players on the pitch. We must keep our discipline.

I know Wycombe beat Shrewsbury last weekend. , but I still think they are the ones we have the best chance of catching.
To me Shrewsbury are the class team in the division and Burton will do enough.
Regardless of the result tomorrow I really think we can catch Wycombe.
Whether we can hold off Bury though .........

Agree with this. If any of the top 3 implode the most likely is Wycombe. However given Bury are on a charge, we might not necessarily be the ones to profit.

IF we were in the top three, a draw at either Burton or Bury would be a reasonable result............sadly we're not. Virtually all forecasts, on form, would see us ending in a play-off place. The only chance we have of grabbing an automatic place is to buck the trend and that really has to start tonight. Six points adrift of the automatics means that a win tonight is nearly essential. Two points from tonight and Bury would be considered by some as 'good results.' I'd agree but would add....................good but not good enough. If that came to pass we could be required to get seven wins and allow one defeat, from the remaining eight...................unlikely. In my view, four points from out next two away games is what we require in order to keep our automatic promotion hopes alive......I fear that we will fall a little short.
In terms of play-offs my biggest concern is that Bury overhaul Wycombe........honestly, who would you prefer facing in a possible play-off final. Wycombe, on a downer after failing at the last to hold onto an automatic place, or a rampaging Bury who, like Crewe before them, have surged into the play-offs and look as though they won't be stopped until they reach League One?..............I think I know my choice!

I know it's fashionable not to like Burton, but I think we have to recognise that they aren't top of this league by accident.
"A model for many small clubs" etc etc.

I love Jimmy Floyd though, wish he didn't manage a team I hate as much as crewe! (nothing personal, I think I hate every team we lose to!)

i genuinely think were we're going to win tonight! And I think it will be comfortably, 2-0 BBBC and worrall to score!

Come on blue boys, biggest game of the season now step up and prove to the league how good we really are!

Win or bust tonight !,Drawing is no longer viable unfortunately .

Burton have come a long way with their smart stadium and look nailed on for league 1 so good luck to them,question is can we join them??

Win or bust tonight !,Drawing is no longer viable unfortunately .

Burton have come a long way with their smart stadium and look nailed on for league 1 so good luck to them,question is can we join them??

Er, I'd rather have 1 point than none.

I think if we lose tonight we would need to win virtually all our remaining games to go up automatically. Fact is we havent been in the top 3 all season.

I think if we lose tonight we would need to win virtually all our remaining games to go up automatically. Fact is we havent been in the top 3 all season.

Agreed,

Currently we are 6 points adrift and add another point for our inferior GD then it becomes 7 points.

We lose tonight and it will certainly make things harder, but I was never expecting 3 points tonight so not sure whats changed.

Winning all our remaining games would put us on 89 points, so that wont be necessary , but if Wycombe carry on with their form over 9 the last nine games they will finish on 83 points, so we certainly couldnt afford to drop many.

If we dont win tonight we have to put a very good finishing run together, but that was always going to be needed even before last night, our form over the last 6 games just hasnt been strong enough so play offs seems the likely outcome.

One point is ok to cement our PO berth but not enough for the autos,Phil must know anything less than 3 points tonight and the autos are virtually over.

have to agree a defeat leaves us effectively 7 points off the top 3 and we also have to get past Bury as well. Obviously its still possible but it would leave us needing a huge effort in the final 9 games. Think Burton and Shrews will go up and Wycombe, Bury and Us battle for 3rd. Luton have lost 6 out of their last 7 now so have blown it.

We lose tonight and it will certainly make things harder, but I was never expecting 3 points tonight so not sure whats changed.

Winning all our remaining games would put us on 89 points, so that wont be necessary , but if Wycombe carry on with their form over 9 the last nine games they will finish on 83 points, so we certainly couldnt afford to drop many.

If we dont win tonight we have to put a very good finishing run together, but that was always going to be needed even before last night, our form over the last 6 games just hasnt been strong enough so play offs seems the likely outcome.

Whilst I agree with you I feel home form has been the problem,we so far have dropped a staggering 23 home points !

Winning all our remaining games would put us on 89 points, so that wont be necessary , but if Wycombe carry on with their form over 9 the last games they will finish on 83 points, so we certainly couldnt afford to drop many.

I see 'at least one' little problem with your cunning plan......................................BURY! how many points will they finish with????

I see 'at least one' little problem with your cunning plan......................................BURY! how many points will they finish with????

I was ignoring them and hoping they would go away.

That game next week is more vital than this one, we lose to Bury and I think we really can kiss any chance of autos goodbye.

Got steam coming out of ears reading Burtons comment. Burton were one of the nastiest sides I have ever seen they wasted time and threw themselves down at every puff of wind. Already they are trying to influence the ref and linesmen:angry: by trying to convince them we are a dirty side. Just hope we dont get a player sent off because of their nasty cheating comments. I was really up for this game now I just want us to beat the w*****s and pray for a strong referee. Where is Mr Kettle when we need him. Come on Blues please lets do this.

I was ignoring them and hoping they would go away.

That game next week is more vital than this one, we lose to Bury and I think we really can kiss any chance of autos goodbye.

Indeed! matching us up over previous form, doesn't make pleasant reading.

over the last twelve games:

Bury............W 8 D 2 L 2 26 points

US..............W 6 D 4 L 2 22 points

over the last eight games:

Bury............W 6 D 1 L1 19 points

US .............W 3 D 3 L 2 12 points

and most worrying, over the last six games:

Bury............W 5 D 0 L 1 15 points

US..............W 2 D 2 L 2 8 points

That's why I claim that our form needs to change radically...........and from tonight. I go along with what you say about our game against them but if we were to get three points tonight a draw against Bury would be OK.

Indeed! matching us up over previous form, doesn't make pleasant reading.

over the last twelve games:

Bury............W 8 D 2 L 2 26 points

US..............W 6 D 4 L 2 22 points

over the last eight games:

Bury............W 6 D 1 L1 19 points

US .............W 3 D 3 L 2 12 points

and most worrying, over the last six games:

Bury............W 5 D 0 L 1 15 points

US..............W 2 D 2 L 2 8 points

That's why I claim that our form needs to change radically...........and from tonight. I go along with what you say about our game against them but if we were to get three points tonight a draw against Bury would be OK.

But, on our last two games form, we've both won one & drawn one. :)

**Oops. Got that wrong! Can't use my eyes properly!!**

Back