• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of Thrones S5 - Discussion Thread

2/3rds through it and I've got a headache.

Reminds me why I didn't enjoy studying history at school!

I loved history at school. But that was actual things that really happened. I couldn't be arsed to take all of that in. Too many people with similar names and every time I find myself struggling a bit, I have to remind myself "it's not real, don't bother"

I loved history at school. But that was actual things that really happened. I couldn't be arsed to take all of that in. Too many people with similar names and every time I find myself struggling a bit, I have to remind myself "it's not real, don't bother"
haha yeah.

The Scene of the Week at the end got a LOL.

The last few minutes, with Jorah and Tyrion, were superb. Brilliantly shot as well.

I'm not buying Daenerys' proposal though. That's just silly.

Aye, the Dany stuff just gets dafter and dafter. She's suffering because there are more and more heroes to get behind now. Tyrion, Jon Snow, Ayra, Brienne, Stannis etc. I'm more emotionally involved (well not really) in what they get up to. Dany has been stuck in Meereen for ages and hasn't developed into the leader she had the potential to be.

Loved Stannis going all Nazi Grammar last night as well. #Fewernotless And as with most, enjoyed the Tyrion & Jorah scenes at the end, thought they were very well shot.

Tormund Giantsbane was one of my favourites from the book, hoping he starts to get a bit more airtime now.

I know this isn't really for this thread, but I am struggling a bit with so many deviations from the books, people taking different roles, and wondering how stories are going to be told now that certain characters have been killed off. Understand streamlining, as there is a lot of filler in the latter books, so will be interesting to see how they make some of these work now. It must make the writing process for difficult for Martin too, as characters he's currently writing about are being written differently in the show.

Loved Stannis going all Nazi Grammar last night as well. #Fewernotless

So THAT'S what he said! Re-wound a couple of times, just couldn't catch it.

Back to Meereen, if anyone has watched the Sky comedy Trollied, they'll appreciate how difficult I find it to take seriously anything that Dany's new fella says. In it, he plays Leighton, who is basically the village idiot.

[video=youtube;ZLMqW7woMJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMqW7woMJE[/video]

Aye, the Dany stuff just gets dafter and dafter. She's suffering because there are more and more heroes to get behind now. Tyrion, Jon Snow, Ayra, Brienne, Stannis etc. I'm more emotionally involved (well not really) in what they get up to. Dany has been stuck in Meereen for ages and hasn't developed into the leader she had the potential to be.
I hate her for some reason. I hope she gets savagely murdered in the next episode.

I'm finding it all a bit uninspiring at the moment to be honest. People who say it's the best TV series ever I can't see that at all. Obviously I've come this far I can't go back now though. Hope it speeds up a bit, maybe it will with Stanis marching on the Bolton's.

I'm finding it all a bit uninspiring at the moment to be honest. People who say it's the best TV series ever I can't see that at all. Obviously I've come this far I can't go back now though. Hope it speeds up a bit, maybe it will with Stanis marching on the Bolton's.

Love the show but this season has been pretty dull so far. Its halfway through (I'm presuming) and not an awful lot has actually happened yet.

Love the show but this season has been pretty dull so far. Its halfway through (I'm presuming) and not an awful lot has actually happened yet.

They don't have a lot to work with from the source material unfortunately, compared to the books this is action packed. Books 4 and 5, which this series covers, were planned to be flashbacks (the original book 4 was going to do a time jump of 5 years), but then Martin decided he had too many flashbacks so decided to write a book to cover them, but then he decided that book wasn't enough either so we ended up two books with a total of 2000 pages of what was supposed to just be some flashbacks in The Winds Of Winter. Unfortunately this made books 4 and 5 a bit of a slog with occasional bright patches. Having said that the writers have cut out a lot of flab from the books and they'll be going their own way soon (and have already started to, one significant deviation we saw this week was
  Spoiler:  
Ser Barristan dying, who is still alive and well in the books.
I'm hoping they'll have covered the bits they want to keep from the books before the season ends so we can see some more exciting stuff happen, it sounds like Stannis is ready for war and the Boltons are being featured a lot so I'm hoping for a battle between them at some point this season.

I thought the last episode was the best one this series so far. It's like a simmering pot.....

Too much focus on boring Stansa and boring Dany. Needed some more of Jamie and Bronn, and also Arya, her storyline looked instriguing but has gone quiet. Think the balance of this season has been a bit wrong.

serfriendzone.jpg

Thoughts -

Great to have Nana Tyrell back. However, she got mugged off far too easily by Cersei

"The dwarf lives until we find a **** merchant" is one of the all-time great GOT lines

Arya's storyline isn't very interesting

Given how much time they have given over to some of the comedy road trips on the show, fast forwarding Jaime and Bronn's lads holiday to Dorne seems a waste

I did think Sansa was making a move up the power rankings when she stuck it to Myranda but perhaps not. The rape scene was horribly bleak and not necessary

Also, given that episode nine of each series has tended to be the one where the biggest events take place, are we predicting a big old Battle Of Winterfell in three weeks?

Too much focus on boring Stansa and boring Dany. Needed some more of Jamie and Bronn, and also Arya, her storyline looked instriguing but has gone quiet. Think the balance of this season has been a bit wrong.

Its the nature of the story. Same as Bran, Arya's storyline just isnt very interesting.

The Jamie/Bron story line has just been fabricated for the show as well!

Back