• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The more I read "Rayleigh Boys" post on this forum, the more I think he is either an immature child (as his name suggests) or just here on a massive wind up. Either way, he's an idiot.

The more I read "Rayleigh Boys" post on this forum, the more I think he is either an immature child (as his name suggests) or just here on a massive wind up. Either way, he's an idiot.
Yeah I think we need a new section on the forum called "Silly Little Boys Chit Chat"

good riddance to the irish ego maniac .... that last penalty against Stevenage and the bottle job at Wembley finally convinced me...

anyway he was gone before the play offs - he knew he was moving on by then.....

slow lumbering ineffective and forced us to play to his hopeless holding it up in midfield game..... two faced and useless -

a poormans Matt Harrold ... we would have been off playing Barny

lge 2 is your very best level Barry

cheerio -

I think you protest too much. I know it hurts, let it out....

We let corr go as now we are in league one Ron is going to use the Sainsbury millions he has under the mattress to buy a new strike force:winking:

Corr was a dirty, player with the touch of a 2 year old. Yes he got some goals but he did very little for the team in general. Please don't come back to me with the knockdown argument 1 game is not a season. We need a player who does Corr job and more, I have always believed this. A player with more ability would have brought a lot more goals from around him as well as his own. But of course what will follow this post are people stating how wrong I am and how I am an idiot because I can watch a natch without rose tinted goggles. Let the barrage commence!

Corr was a dirty, player with the touch of a 2 year old. Yes he got some goals but he did very little for the team in general. Please don't come back to me with the knockdown argument 1 game is not a season. We need a player who does Corr job and more, I have always believed this. A player with more ability would have brought a lot more goals from around him as well as his own. But of course what will follow this post are people stating how wrong I am and how I am an idiot because I can watch a natch without rose tinted goggles. Let the barrage commence!

He has good control, his link up play and holding up the ball are as good as Ive seen in a long time.

He has averaged 15 goals a season for us over 4 years. He has been asked to play as a lone striker for most of it which has prevented him from being in goal scoring positions enough, and he hasnt had wingers to provide the crosses he thrives on.

If you cant see that is the main reason he hasnt scored more, or that when we went 442 he suddenly started scoring, then some sort of goggles might be worth wearing :smile:
Set up the most important goal of the last 8 years.

And the one he scored against Stevenage made sure we went into the home leg in a position to be able to get there.

I dont blame him at all .... He hated playing up front on his own - you could see that in his body language + he has said it many times too, but Brown will probably play that even more in Div 1. He is a long way from his family + whenever i ve spoken to him he always says he misses them , which is why im surprised that he didnt join Oxford rather than Cambridge. ( Cambridge is no closer to Swindon than Southend is)

Corr is a great player + i always felt we looked a better team with him in it than not. Cheers for the goals Bazza , shame about your stupid Tattoos but theres your brainless footballer stereotype for you. Good luck + if Cambridge have a quick striker alongside him i ll probably have a fiver for him to be top scorer in div 2 to benefit from Bazza's assists. ( esp now Bazza bottles the penalties )

Now can we finally use that £5m from Sainsburys to buy a decent striker?

the thing is with all the people who derided my interpretation of the clubs financial situation -

5 MILLION FROM SAINSBURYS -

non of the mickey takers have come forward to explain why we suddenly acquired an ex premiership manager, two assistant managers, ex CCC players like Barnard , and a blooming big squad ..............

funny how the we are broke thing just evaporated one day -

and people who think for themselves, draw their own conclusions and can express an opinion always get a load of stick ...

We let corr go as now we are in league one Ron is going to use the Sainsbury millions he has under the mattress to buy a new strike force:winking:

No, no remember Ron Martin doesn't want us to be League One. That was the whole point. That's probably why the club supposedly didn't offer a good contract to Corr and whey we're down to ten contracted players.

We won't be paying them next and then someone will give us FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

It all makes sense.

and people who think for themselves, draw their own conclusions and can express an opinion always get a load of stick ...

You realise that that is exactly what people who think 9/11 was an inside job and that the moon landing was faked always say?

I think we are forgetting just because he was here for five years doesnt mean he should tell the fans everything thats going on. He said thank you to the fans for the support and thats that. No need to bash him, he did well for us, he was a fan favourite but he wanted to do something different with a different team. He obviously didnt like the lone striker role. You could see that all season. Cant believe what some people are saying on here about him.

Barnard could score confidently from 20 yards ................ BBC couldn't score from 6

What a bizzarre comment.....I'd love you to name a goal Barney ever scored for Southend United from outside the box. I'll save you the trouble of looking, you won't find one!

What have you started! :hilarious:

the thing is with all the people who derided my interpretation of the clubs financial situation -

5 MILLION FROM SAINSBURYS -

non of the mickey takers have come forward to explain why we suddenly acquired an ex premiership manager, two assistant managers, ex CCC players like Barnard , and a blooming big squad ..............

funny how the we are broke thing just evaporated one day -

Firstly, we do have a decent sized backroom staff, but we only have one assistant manager. Our blooming big squad was actually not that big as we used the 2nd least amount of players in the whole league.

It was 3 years after we received that money in 2010 that we did all that, so no our finance issues didnt just evaporate in one day and we were actually under transfer embargo when Brown joined.

As Ive explained to you about 30 times already, most of the 5 million was spent on tax bills which left as 1.8 miillion to run the club for a couple of years, which we didwithout issues until we then found ourselves under embargo again.

Problem is when the cold hard facts are provided you choose to ignore them and still keep drawing wrong conclusions.

Yet again, here are the actual facts :

Evidence drawn up by the club to defend the administration application detailed how Sainsbury’s has agreed to lend a maximum of £5,071,711 to Roots Hall Limited, which owns the current ground and will in turn lend cash to the club.

However, the document showed nearly £3million of this had already been used since November, clearing earlier tax debts. Another £240,000 is due to be spent by next week clearing another tax bill and the Charterhouse debt, meaning the club has about £1.8million left from Sainsbury’s to deal with debts and taxes over the next 12 months.

Read it in this article

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8312868.Sainsbury_s_puts___5m_cap_on_its_Blues_bailout/

Back