• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the thing is with all the people who derided my interpretation of the clubs financial situation -

5 MILLION FROM SAINSBURYS -

non of the mickey takers have come forward to explain why we suddenly acquired an ex premiership manager, two assistant managers, ex CCC players like Barnard , and a blooming big squad ..............

funny how the we are broke thing just evaporated one day -

Aliens bro, Aliens.

its all opinions - As Harry Callaghan once said " Opinions are like a...holes, everybody has one"

Just a bit bemused as to why the original poster needed to use the adjective ''Irish" to emphasise his view of Barry's 'ego'

would he use it also when speaking of Bolger, Timlin, Clifford, Coughlan, Deegan and McLaughlin.

Money talks, despite it leaving a sour taste in my mouth you can't blame him for leaving on a contract considerably higher than our feeble offer.

Taking Corr out of the occasion and I just hope the club move mountains now to eliminate any chance of losing Timlin and White.

its all opinions - As Harry Callaghan once said " Opinions are like a...holes, everybody has one"

Just a bit bemused as to why the original poster needed to use the adjective ''Irish" to emphasise his view of Barry's 'ego'

would he use it also when speaking of Bolger, Timlin, Clifford, Coughlan, Deegan and McLaughlin.

Which to me is less of a crime than yourself who feels the need to stir up trouble out of nothing, pathetic comment.

I am left questioning the mental age of some of these posters on here. To be upset is one thing but to be so negative is another.

I remember when Collymore left us. What a terrible player he was Oh and Eastwood Edinburgh etc etc (sarcasm)
Lets enjoy the time we had with these players and move on.

I am left questioning the mental age of some of these posters on here. To be upset is one thing but to be so negative is another.

I remember when Collymore left us. What a terrible player he was Oh and Eastwood Edinburgh etc etc (sarcasm)
Lets enjoy the time we had with these players and move on.

I think the fact that all the other players mentioned went on to play a higher level of football explains why the over love of Corr has been out of hand for years!

I think the fact that all the other players mentioned went on to play a higher level of football explains why the over love of Corr has been out of hand for years!

To sum up my feelings on Barry (mine alone)

In certain games where he knew he had the beating of a defence he would shine.

In hard games there were also times where he would go missing

He only recently learnt the offside rule as 95% of all our offsides must have been Barry

He was not prolific or overly mobile

However his close control and link up play was often superb and without him in the side we looked toothless and gave the ball away easily.

He scored some important goals and I thank him for that

League one was probably too much at his age to sustain for two seasons and has sensibly moved on

Good Luck BBBC

good riddance to the irish ego maniac .... that last penalty against Stevenage and the bottle job at Wembley finally convinced me...

anyway he was gone before the play offs - he knew he was moving on by then.....

slow lumbering ineffective and forced us to play to his hopeless holding it up in midfield game..... two faced and useless -

a poormans Matt Harrold ... we would have been off playing Barny

lge 2 is your very best level Barry

cheerio -

why do you have to include Irish in your statement?does it make a difference of he's Irish or English? He was top scorer the last two seasons and he will be missed.

63 goals in 131 starts.

Good luck finding a better goalscorer than that, let alone one who contributes as much to the team with his all-round play as he does.

The worst thing I can say about him is how frustrating it was watching him back into opposition defenders trying for for a foul and whinging at the ref. I've not seen enough division one to know how big the talent divide is. He's pretty much the only player non fans seem to remember which must indicate something positive about the guy. I'm certainly not going to turn on him.

63 goals in 131 starts.

Good luck finding a better goalscorer than that, let alone one who contributes as much to the team with his all-round play as he does.

Sums it up perfectly, finding a new striker that will contribute a better than 1 in 3 goal scoring record won't be easy. Not saying it's impossible, Tomlin and Assombalonga for example must have had equivalent or better goal scoring records, but remember we've had our fair share of duds recently too (cough ... Barnard). I'd personally have been happier knowing we at least had one striker with a decent scoring record under contract for the new season :sad:.

Corr was a dirty, player with the touch of a 2 year old. Yes he got some goals but he did very little for the team in general. Please don't come back to me with the knockdown argument 1 game is not a season. We need a player who does Corr job and more, I have always believed this. A player with more ability would have brought a lot more goals from around him as well as his own. But of course what will follow this post are people stating how wrong I am and how I am an idiot because I can watch a natch without rose tinted goggles. Let the barrage commence!

spot on my son really hated corr .glad is gone

Sums it up perfectly, finding a new striker that will contribute a better than 1 in 3 goal scoring record won't be easy. Not saying it's impossible, Tomlin and Assombalonga for example must have had equivalent or better goal scoring records, but remember we've had our fair share of duds recently too (cough ... Barnard). I'd personally have been happier knowing we at least had one striker with a decent scoring record under contract for the new season :sad:.

Both of them scored 16 goals in that season, Assombalonga in 49 games (4,013 minutes) & Tomlin in 42 games (3,373 minutes). In the same season, Corr made his long awaited come back from injury scoring 13 in 42 appearances (2,144 minutes).

Don't think I'll ever understand why some don't like him, yes he wasn't the most technically gifted or the quickest but if he was then would he really have stayed in League 2 for us?

I wonder how many times "proven goalscorer" will be posted in relation to transfer targets this summer, well we've just lost one. Yes it is time to move on, but now we have to get at least 3 in and hope they settle quickly.

Embarrassing how people who are saying good riddance to our top scorer in 3/5 seasons, the guy who also signed for us when we had 5 players.... The same guy who gave 100% every time he pulled on the shirt.

I for one am gutted BBBC has left!

Embedding childish thread. This is a mere opinion, and it should be merged with the Barry Corr thread. If he logged on and saw this, he'd simply chuckle to himself at the fickleness of football fans.

People seem to have forgotten the season when he first signed for us. Excellent pro who has got us goals when he has played.

Deserves one final (decent) contract - all the best Baza!

Back