• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

well done to Ayrshire Blue. Not many can honestly say they would do this without any payment in return. Out of interest why did it take so long to produce? I would assume it was difficult getting all of the footage from the season together?

This is so classic Shrimperzone. The club/Ayrshire Blue produce a DVD of our fantastic promotion season whether on blue ray or not is irrelevant to me. Ive bought my copy and picking up tomorrow so am unable to judge its quality, however, it amazes me that people fall out or disagree over something like this. Im hoping its of decent quality, the DVDs produced in the mid 2000s were good. Im just simply looking forward to reliving some of the highlights from last season.

Skip forward to about the last 10 games then!

This is so classic Shrimperzone. The club/Ayrshire Blue produce a DVD of our fantastic promotion season whether on blue ray or not is irrelevant to me. Ive bought my copy and picking up tomorrow so am unable to judge its quality, however, it amazes me that people fall out or disagree over something like this. Im hoping its of decent quality, the DVDs produced in the mid 2000s were good. Im just simply looking forward to reliving some of the highlights from last season.

But you're amazed why people are falling out yet you haven't seen the DVD? I haven't seen it either, yet you believe people are falling out, I haven't seen that on this thread, just people having an opinion. You're welcome to your opinion when you've seen it I guess, like the other people who have and have posted on here...

Just saying.....

But you're amazed why people are falling out yet you haven't seen the DVD? I haven't seen it either, yet you believe people are falling out, I haven't seen that on this thread, just people having an opinion. You're welcome to your opinion when you've seen it I guess, like the other people who have and have posted on here...

Just saying.....

Im just making the point that im looking forward to seeing it whether its good quality or not. Ive already purchased it so am going to enjoy iy one way or the other. My point was more that London blue had an opinion on the fact that it wasnt on blue ray and he was disapointed. Then a few people seemed to have a go and we end up with three pages not really talking about the topic of the thread. I said if London blue does or doesnt want to buy it becasue its not on blue ray then thats his or anyone elses choice. If the quality is good or bad so what. At the end of the day it is about us getting promoted and the highlights in doing so. Not sure really what your point was all about

Im just making the point that im looking forward to seeing it whether its good quality or not. Ive already purchased it so am going to enjoy iy one way or the other. My point was more that London blue had an opinion on the fact that it wasnt on blue ray and he was disapointed. Then a few people seemed to have a go and we end up with three pages not really talking about the topic of the thread. I said if London blue does or doesnt want to buy it becasue its not on blue ray then thats his or anyone elses choice. If the quality is good or bad so what. At the end of the day it is about us getting promoted and the highlights in doing so. Not sure really what your point was all about

Londonblue always has an opinion on most things, mostly shooting down everyone in flames. I tend to steer clear of his posts because I've been shot down before and won't bite..... Negative chap and always right I'm afraid.

For the chaps who have put this together I take my hat off to them and will certainly not put them down because it's great work. I just wish it could have come out earlier, after the hype of Wembley because they would have made a fortune and rightly so.

Londonblue always has an opinion on most things, mostly shooting down everyone in flames. I tend to steer clear of his posts because I've been shot down before and won't bite..... Negative chap and always right I'm afraid.

If you feel that strongly, why are you biting now?

Ok fair comment, just wasnt sure if you were getting at me, as i wasn't sure i had said anything particularly controversial

well done to Ayrshire Blue. Not many can honestly say they would do this without any payment in return. Out of interest why did it take so long to produce? I would assume it was difficult getting all of the footage from the season together?

We didn't get access to all the footage until early June. It was a bit of a pain but thankfully we did get there in the end

Why are you taking this personally? I'm explaining why a DVD is of no use to me. I'm sure it wasn't your decision not create a blue ray version.

Grow up.

Maybe because AB has put hard work and effort into producing an end of season DVD, in his own time, and you've come on here moaning that it isn't in a certain format. Flip the tables here, if you had spent all this time producing a DVD for the club, working hard each day to compile the footage together and get it onto DVD format ready for the club to sell, and you came on here and someone moaned it wasn't in a certain format, I'm sure you'd be taking this personally too.

Wrong. I mentioned it at the time that I hope they do a Blu Ray version.

Just to be clear, I'm not that bothered. I just think it would have been good.

Partly agree. My argument is that the club haven't catered to my needs and I therefore won't be buying. Don't forget that all the editing has been done (and for free) so that extra cost of putting that on a Blu Ray disk instead of a DVD must be reasonably marginal.

Sorry, but am I missing something here? If you're not bothered that it's not on blu ray, then why say that you won't be buying the DVD "because it's not available on blu ray"?

You say that you hoped the club would've done a blu ray version at the time, which is a fair comment, but let's be honest here, was it really worthwhile and cost effective for the club to be producing blu ray versions of the season review? Take into consideration the quality of the footage available (excluding the TV games of course), and whether there would actually be a popular enough demand amongst fellow supporters for blu ray versions to be produced.

Back onto the topic again, well done AB for your hard work on the DVD, I'm looking forward to picking up a copy and reliving last year's roller coaster of a season.

Good DVD, shame about the proof-reading (or lack of) on the cover. I wonder if the writer has had a premonition about how this season is going to pan out when he writes "The season started with optimism despite suffering play off heartbreak the following season​"?

Good DVD, shame about the proof-reading (or lack of) on the cover. I wonder if the writer has had a premonition about how this season is going to pan out when he writes "The season started with optimism despite suffering play off heartbreak the following season​"?

LOL! Hope the premonition isn't true!

Please note you can only buy it from the ticket office NOT the club shop or online

I'm confused. Post #17 on this thread lets me go right through the process on-line including postage to my address. Are you saying it doesn't really work?

Back