• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I felt that the Millwall keeper looked solid and came and collected any of the high floated balls we put in. By god did we float a load in and didn't learn.

I like and rate Bentley as a good prospect, that's it at the moment, a prospect.

He has undoubtedly saved us on many occasions, and I feel it's unfair to pick him out for criticism today in a team that was far short of their best.

I have however said for some time, aerially as a tall keeper, he needs to command his area more, the Millwall keeper today claimed everything and thus relieved pressure on defenders.

I felt that the Millwall keeper looked solid and came and collected any of the high floated balls we put in. By god did we float a load in and didn't learn.

Hardly surprising. He's got 23 full international caps !

Was a bad day at the office but we haven't become a bad team overnight, a kick up the backside. Was with the match sponsor yesterday and it was a struggle picking MOTM!

Was a bad day at the office but we haven't become a bad team overnight, a kick up the backside. Was with the match sponsor yesterday and it was a struggle picking MOTM!
Very true, there were so many Millwall players it was difficult to pick just one.:blush:

I completely agree and many people around me in the East stand also; it is all about him - taking the pitch last so he can have his own ovation whilst the TEAM sheet is being announced. Also making sure he is last and alone to exit the pitch. Many of us are now refusing to clap him for this reason. As a goalkeeper you need to be confident, not arrogant.

What fun day it must be for you and your sad little crowd. Nice to see the Bentley trolls have emerged.

I would not blame Bentley for any of yesterdays goals, including the second. It was a fluke and at that stage it was game over.

I completely agree and many people around me in the East stand also; it is all about him - taking the pitch last so he can have his own ovation whilst the TEAM sheet is being announced. Also making sure he is last and alone to exit the pitch. Many of us are now refusing to clap him for this reason. As a goalkeeper you need to be confident, not arrogant.

Have to disagree with you there, I think a streak of arrogance is exactly what a keeper needs, a keeper is easily blamed for goals conceded and there's no place to hide, a combination of confidence and arrogance keeps them walking out for the next match and putting the last one behind them, look at the world class keepers, past and present, that arrogance is apparent in all of them.

Have to disagree with you there, I think a streak of arrogance is exactly what a keeper needs, a keeper is easily blamed for goals conceded and there's no place to hide, a combination of confidence and arrogance keeps them walking out for the next match and putting the last one behind them, look at the world class keepers, past and present, that arrogance is apparent in all of them.

Absolutely agree. There is a fine line between an arrogance and a confidence
Its a line i think Coker is also walking at the moment
Unfortunately confidence can lead to casual
But all said, these are good players here

It was Hunts sliced clearance that led to the 3rd goal, Barretts lack of pace for the 4th goal. The luck gods fault for the 2nd and the linos fault for the first as the ball was running down the sand a foot off the pitch and he never gave a throw to us.

Other than that I thought we were awful other than from about the 10th minute until they scored, when I thought we were having the better of the game without really threatening.

Coker needs to get fit, Barrett needs dropping, as his lack of pace is now being exploited, Piggott needs to go back to Charlton, Deegan needs to shave, Hunt needs to last 90 minutes and stay fit.

I would expect Brown to revert to type on Saturday and look at becoming solid again, my money would be on a 1-0 either way.

It was Hunts sliced clearance that led to the 3rd goal, Barretts lack of pace for the 4th goal. The luck gods fault for the 2nd and the linos fault for the first as the ball was running down the sand a foot off the pitch and he never gave a throw to us.

Other than that I thought we were awful other than from about the 10th minute until they scored, when I thought we were having the better of the game without really threatening.

Coker needs to get fit, Barrett needs dropping, as his lack of pace is now being exploited, Piggott needs to go back to Charlton, Deegan needs to shave, Hunt needs to last 90 minutes and stay fit.

I would expect Brown to revert to type on Saturday and look at becoming solid again, my money would be on a 1-0 either way.

Well if Doncaster win 1-0 then we won't be solid. I want a win, nothing less and that is what I expect to happen

Absolutely agree. There is a fine line between an arrogance and a confidence
Its a line i think Coker is also walking at the moment
Unfortunately confidence can lead to casual
But all said, these are good players here

Coker is far from arrogant. In fact he is one of the most down to earth, easy going players there is. My son met him in Rayleigh a few weeks a go and a nicer man you couldn't meet

What fun day it must be for you and your sad little crowd. Nice to see the Bentley trolls have emerged.

I would not blame Bentley for any of yesterdays goals, including the second. It was a fluke and at that stage it was game over.
Sorry, but to say it wasn't Benleys error is ridiculous. He made a decision to leave the ball, he was wrong. It's that simple.That doesn't make me anti Bentley or mean that I have forgotten about saves in other matches. But this is a match report thread. At one nil we were still in it. That goal totally destroyed us.

Coker is far from arrogant. In fact he is one of the most down to earth, easy going players there is. My son met him in Rayleigh a few weeks a go and a nicer man you couldn't meet

Agreed, there's not many of our players I would consider to be arrogant, and certainly not Cokes.

There are a lot of opinions about several of our players, some are fair comment and some are stretching the line between observations and interpretation too far.
Dan IS a VERY good keeper at this level, he makes mistakes -don't care if he is first, last or longest onto the pitch or in the shower.
Adam and Cokes were (IMO) both off the pace, for Adam the games maybe too close together and he was tired but didn't know until he got out there and the energy wasn't in him; Cokes has not been fully fit for a few games and didn't want to lose his place.
Lenny and Atko, similar to Adam - both under rested/jaded.
To smash into Pig when he came into a side 3 nil down and heads down, defeated is unfair - if he had started the game he might have had a chance at making an impact. Check out posts #83 and 84 - one blames him for trying to hold up the ball, the next for not trying to hold up the ball - opinions vary BUT the fact was he was getting the same poor balls that Hunt, Mooney, Worrall and Payne had all struggled with; high and not into channels or with little scope for lays to on running support.
I agree with many, a bad showing in this game, play of the type that has been masked by some good spells of play in previous games where we have rode lady luck for long periods.
I have faith that Mr B will turn it around and I believe he will go back to a 4 4 1 1 formation; resting/swapping Adam for Rea, Cokes rested for O'Neill (JW to the LB), Deegs and Timlin in with Len and Wozza, (rest/bench Mooney) with Jack playing behind Hunt.

The lino seemed to be looking across the pitch whilst the ball was right by his feet, it was so far out it was embarrassing. Even Harris gave a cheeky grin to our bench. That said Coker was more interested in screaming at the lino instead of defending and it cost us. Still needed a good finish though.

I think the half time subs were more lets think of the next match and who will paly rather than a tactical move. Still we got the best form of defence is attack line-up that people so often quote. No point in blaming Barrett when you go 3 at the back. Besides it was a very good bit of play by the impressive Morison with an excellent run and finish.

Game over at 1-0 in the first half? Crikey, why not give up at the keys cv off?! The second goal was Bentleys error in my view.

Sorry, but to say it wasn't Benleys error is ridiculous. He made a decision to leave the ball, he was wrong. It's that simple.That doesn't make me anti Bentley or mean that I have forgotten about saves in other matches. But this is a match report thread. At one nil we were still in it. That goal totally destroyed us.

He would not have been able to get to it even if he had tried. Yes it always looks bad but ever keeper has gets done by the odd miss hit cross.

Game over at 1-0 in the first half? Crikey, why not give up at the keys cv off?! The second goal was Bentleys error in my view.

I meant game over after the second went in. I had seen how well Millwall played when they were 2 up a few weeks ago and yesterday they played even better.

To smash into Pig when he came into a side 3 nil down and heads down, defeated is unfair - if he had started the game he might have had a chance at making an impact. Check out posts #83 and 84 - one blames him for trying to hold up the ball, the next for not trying to hold up the ball - opinions vary BUT the fact was he was getting the same poor balls that Hunt, Mooney, Worrall and Payne had all struggled with; high and not into channels or with little scope for lays to on running support.
Well said, I remember Cauley Woodrow getting a lot of stick here, but he's gone on to do alright. I see a lot of similarities in the Pig.

Back