• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We were truely awful and probably deserved to lose by more but it's one game so there's no point reading to much into it, although it did confirm my feeling that Pigott needs to be sent back to Charlton. It was a massive shame that our highest attendance of the season saw that, it was a great opportunity to encourage the extra supporters to come along more regularly and boost our attendances but I doubt any of them will be back in a hurry now.

We were poor, but Millwall played very well imo.

We haven't suffered one of these defeats at home for a very long time, forget about it and move on.

We were truely awful and probably deserved to lose by more but it's one game so there's no point reading to much into it, although it did confirm my feeling that Pigott needs to be sent back to Charlton. It was a massive shame that our highest attendance of the season saw that, it was a great opportunity to encourage the extra supporters to come along more regularly and boost our attendances but I doubt any of them will be back in a hurry now.
Have to agree with this. He never plays the quick ball he just keeps hold of it and inevitable gets tackled.

Extremely disappointed today after the euphoria of Colchester
Thought Thompson was excellent again, what he lacks technically he more than makes up in endeavour
The undroppables were very poor, but Bentley has enough credits to his name to forgive, but AB looks his age
Piggott extremely poor when he came on. He must hold the ball up to relieve pressure at the back
Jack, although exciting when on the ball, tends to loose procession to much for me
Brown had to change things at half time, and although he went for a back 3, strange to see him stay with Barrett
For me it should have left Thompson down the middle with White one side and Prosser on the left.
can only mean Prosser is moving on
AB exposed for the 4th
BUT , as I have said on numerous occasions, you don't become a bad side on 1 result
So let's not panic
UTB

Trouble with Bentley is that his not as good as he thinks he is,
what’s this thing with being the last one on the pitch, to me it smacks of a player who thinks its all about “Me” and I’m going to milk the applause on my own. At the moment a good goal keeper but not a great one. If anyone thought he was that good he would have gone already

I like and rate Bentley as a good prospect, that's it at the moment, a prospect.

He has undoubtedly saved us on many occasions, and I feel it's unfair to pick him out for criticism today in a team that was far short of their best.

I have however said for some time, aerially as a tall keeper, he needs to command his area more, the Millwall keeper today claimed everything and thus relieved pressure on defenders.

Hard to be to critical of Daniel, because all said and done, he is definitely worth a goal or 2 most games
but like you have pointed out, we find the Pantomine of delaying his appearance is laughable.
Although been excellent most games, teams tend to go for consistency in a goalkeeper over brilliance
All said and done, he is moving on at the end of the season, if not before, and we can only wish him well

Missed my first home game of the season today, and boy I'm glad based on what the ive read. I did follow the game on Twitter and even at the point the teams were announced I was worried. Millwall freshened their team up with four changes, we opted for the same line up. I was fortunate to be at Col U on Boxing Day, as much as it was a great result and day out we did not perform well. There were a number of players who were not fit including Coker and Hunt, Leonard also looked very tired. So why not use the squad. It's a very strong squad and competitive, if the likes of Coker and Hunt were doubtful Boxing Day why then play them twice in 48hrs, Barrett was excellent at Col U, but again two games in 48hrs at his age, maybe not. But, it's one of those bad days at the office, we are still in a very good position, only lost 6 all season and first home defeat since September, I would have taken that at the start of the season. I think we need to use the January transfer window, desperately need some pace up top, maybe Simpson from Orient. Thanks for Wembley, but by by Piggott and Rea seems a decent player but if not starting then we might as well send him back. Would like to see us start against Donny with McLaughlin and Worrall wide with Leonard and Timlin or Deegan in the middle. Defence has been good up until today so if fit wouldn't change this and upfront stick with Hunt and Mooney or Payne, but this is slightly light weight I guess. So let's get our chin up and move on.

I like and rate Bentley as a good prospect, that's it at the moment, a prospect.

He has undoubtedly saved us on many occasions, and I feel it's unfair to pick him out for criticism today in a team that was far short of their best.

I have however said for some time, aerially as a tall keeper, he needs to command his area more, the Millwall keeper today claimed everything and thus relieved pressure on defenders.

Forde came and collected everything today because as of most of the season our set plays into the box are terrible and mostly down the keepers throat! :angry:

All teams have a bad day at the office, usually unexpected. Ours was at home against Scunny, they were ok we were poor, today we bounced back with a win at Oldham. Your team is full of quality players who had an off day, Phil Brown will have learnt a lot about the team because of it. Be interested to see if Phil Brown can out tactic Fergie.

If we ended up getting mill wall in the playoffs will Phil do anything different for the home game or will millwall play us off the park for a hat trick?

i am really struggling to understand how we could have been that bad. If pros set or Bolger had played like Barrett or Coker did today they would have been crucified. Worryingly their fourth goal reminded me of bursts goal. Different build up but end result barrett out of position and struggling to get close enough for a tackle.

positives- mooney won four headers ( most I have seen from him. They 'only ' scored four- it could have been a lot worse

Last edited:
I've seen enough games over Christmas before to realise that with 2 days rest you need to freshen up in the middle of the park. Atko for Deegan was obvious and one of the front two for piggot. That would have given us more legs and would have helped the others through the game. Millwall made 4 changes, and for me, that was the main difference. They got every second ball and our lads were running on empty.

Its gone now, let's forget that one

Trouble with Bentley is that his not as good as he thinks he is,
what’s this thing with being the last one on the pitch, to me it smacks of a player who thinks its all about “Me” and I’m going to milk the applause on my own. At the moment a good goal keeper but not a great one. If anyone thought he was that good he would have gone already

I completely agree and many people around me in the East stand also; it is all about him - taking the pitch last so he can have his own ovation whilst the TEAM sheet is being announced. Also making sure he is last and alone to exit the pitch. Many of us are now refusing to clap him for this reason. As a goalkeeper you need to be confident, not arrogant.

Rare bad day at the office, we will know what this side is made of on saturday! 2015 has been a good year, UTB's!

If we ended up getting mill wall in the playoffs will Phil do anything different for the home game or will millwall play us off the park for a hat trick?

i am really struggling to understand how we could have been that bad. If pros set or Bolger had played like Barrett or Coker did today they would have been crucified. Worryingly their fourth goal reminded me of bursts goal. Different build up but end result barter out of position and struggling to get close enough for a tackle.

positives- mooney won four headers ( most I have seen from him. They 'only ' scored four- it could have been a lot worse

if this did happen I'd like us to avoid singing 'you're f*****g s***t' to them unless we are 3 or 4 up!!!

Back