• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think today had been waiting to happen for a while. A wake up call for all. Bentley is beginning to think he is better than he is and really does need to command his 6 yard box and then his penalty area. he is still very much a work in progress. Thompson has been outstanding since he got back into the side. If there are contract issues then let us get it sorted quickly. Barrett on todays performance may be reaching the end of the road. I still don't believe Payne is very effective in a four man midfield. Really feel he has come on as a player but he needs to be given a free role. Brown needs to decide whether he thinks Payne is good enough and if he is let him select a side that suits Payne's strengths.
All in all though a great 2015 so I am not going to let one really poor performance cloud that.

Yes,I know you to be someone who applies sound judgement ! But I am afraid Payne remains a luxury we cannot afford in a starting lineup. He is exciting and threatens to make things happen,but too often he gives the ball away and sets up opposition attacks.I n the last half hour or so,he,like Weston ,is much more likely to get the time and space to create havoc - the Bury game is an obvious example but even then I thought we benefitted from some indifferent refereeing for those 2nd half goals (soft penalty decision,then free kick taken yards from the offence).

Rovers do not bully the opposition, but are under Fergie a very counter attacking side, wanting to move the ball fast from back to front. Sometimes play three at the back, three midfield with two wingers moving from defence to midfield depending on the run of the game. We play two up front Williams (12 goals so far this season) and Tyson, Stewart or Grant in the hole behind the strikers. Rovers have recently drawn away at Burton and Coventry. My hunch is that we will get a draw at Roots Hall.

The lino seemed to be looking across the pitch whilst the ball was right by his feet, it was so far out it was embarrassing. Even Harris gave a cheeky grin to our bench. That said Coker was more interested in screaming at the lino instead of defending and it cost us. Still needed a good finish though.

I think the half time subs were more lets think of the next match and who will paly rather than a tactical move. Still we got the best form of defence is attack line-up that people so often quote. No point in blaming Barrett when you go 3 at the back. Besides it was a very good bit of play by the impressive Morison with an excellent run and finish.

O Brien was the scorer of that goal.

You mean our resident font of knowledge Mr Rigsby is wrong yet again:winking:

Not quite mrs.... I meant Morison was excellent in the way he held up the ball and timed his pass for the runner that scored (don't know his name)

Sorry that my poor English got your hopes up. Still a bit like football there's always another day. :smile:

Not quite mrs.... I meant Morison was excellent in the way he held up the ball and timed his pass for the runner that scored (don't know his name)

Sorry that my poor English got your hopes up. Still a bit like football there's always another day. :smile:

Nicely swerved,how was the prawn sarnie:winking:

Nicely swerved,how was the prawn sarnie:winking:

Prawn sarnie.... you mean a few pints in the Spread before and after. Went with and old friend of mine, I used to go with his family for the Christmas fixture. For old times sake we decided to do it again last few years. In the Spread we went through some of the shocking games we have seen at RH at this time of year. Dagenham last year and the worst one we decided was 0-2 to Colchester. The thing is we were both confident and agreed at least we wont see a 0-4 like the Northampton game.:blush::blush::blush::blush:

By the way bumped into the legendry Gary Townsend in the Spread. Now running a pub in Norfolk

What impressed me about Morison, (apart from the fact that he had a great game), was that he was telling all their subs. what postion to take up on the pitch.

Obviously a future manager.

ps It was O'Brian who got their 4th.Easily the best goal of the match from a footballing perspective.AB couldn't get anywhere near him.

pps.Just a mars bar in East Reds for me.:smile:

This is the bit that was missing in a HUGE way for us. When ball got to Pig there were no runners and when Jack got the ball our lads played statues.

Is it me or does Payne constantly slip over when in possession of the ball? I'm sure a change of boots would help him - bring on the addidas world cups

Back