• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I went to the 6-1 win at The Old Show Ground!!
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif
hats%20off%20new%20aug%202010.gif

All very interesting, but will it help us Sat, i have a feeling our lack of quality is going to let us down. Unless of course we can score in the first few min then hang on for 90 min .

I'll always remember the home game against Scunthorpe in the 71/72 season, as I remember it was a Friday night game and was chucking it down, we played really well but ended up on the wrong end of a 3-2 scoreline, all because of a little git that ripped us to pieces, went by the name of Keegan, dont know what happened to him. Both teams got promoted that season, us 2nd and Scunthorpe 4th. One of the best games I've ever seen at the Hall.
Kevin Keegan did not play against us in 1971-72 that match was played on 30th.August 1971(Monday). Keegan signed for Liverpool in the summer of 1971 for about £35,000. Kevin Keegan has played against Southend 5 times in his career 3 times at The Old Showground in 1968-69(lost 4-1);1969-70(lost 2-0);1970-71(lost 3-0), he has also played twice at Roots Hall 1968-69(Scunny won 3-0) and 1969-70 Southend won 3-0 with a Billy Best Hat-trick. He was also manager with Newcastle United when we played them in 1992-93 losing 3-2 at St.James Park then drawing 1-1 at Roots Hall with a goal by Stan Collymore. Although Keegan was on the winning side 4 times when playing against Southend both at home and away he never scored against us.

Thats very strange, I seem to have a strong memory of that, must be losing some brain cells.

Thanks for that.

This, as a 3-5-2, White and Kyp as wing backs.

Smith

White Sokolik Innis Barrett Kyprianou

Leonard Atkinson

King

Mooney Cox

Back