• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well the salaries people quoted are very likely to be well over inflated.

That said we ware no doubt paying some decent salaries. Cox, Ferdinand and Kightly wont be on peanuts.

Bear in mind Bentley and Payne brought us a lot of money, enough to have paid for all of these.

That's what I was thinking. Didn't we also get a few hundred k from sell on's for another one of our ex kids that got sold on?

I'm as excited as an excited thing after I've been told something exciting on a very excited day.

I think all clubs are getting extra money this year for tv rights overseas via this new app. I believe it's about a 100k + which helps.

If true RM & PB need to be given credit- last year we saw some of the best football we have seen in a long time and with the additions there will be real buzz going into the season. Once again RM has one of the longest serving managers in the league and he is doing all he can to support him and bring success. Whilst he can be blamed for failing to be a billionaire, given he's not there is not a great deal to complain about at the moment. He's not perfect by a long stretch but the bouffanted one is at least ours..

If true RM & PB need to be given credit- last year we saw some of the best football we have seen in a long time and with the additions there will be real buzz going into the season. Once again RM has one of the longest serving managers in the league and he is doing all he can to support him and bring success. Whilst he can be blamed for failing to be a billionaire, given he's not there is not a great deal to complain about at the moment. He's not perfect by a long stretch but the bouffanted one is at least ours..

I've always said this...... I'm certainly not a RM hater and never have been.

It this is the case, it's a massive signing and well done to PB and RM. Also, maybe helped Lenny decide to stay next season too

Agree 100%, look at what some clubs have been through during RM time with us.

Not quite all during Rons time, but I think I counted 32 different clubs have been relegated out of the Football League since automatic Promotion/Relegation with the Conference/National League. Many of course have managed to come back but quite a few have not.

Now all Ron needs to do now is actually get the new ground built hopefully with 4 stands!

Not quite all during Rons time, but I think I counted 32 different clubs have been relegated out of the Football League since automatic Promotion/Relegation with the Conference/National League. Many of course have managed to come back but quite a few have not.

Now all Ron needs to do now is actually get the new ground built hopefully with 4 stands!

To be fair, no one has achieved this yet :stunned:

No new ground please. Character intrinsic to the nature of the game imo, Roots hall has it in buckets and the array of local boozers is quality.

Where's the announcement then? If it's all signed there must be a gurning pic already done! All this screen refreshing is giving me RSI!

Once I have seen it on the main site then I will believe it . Not that what is posted on hear isn't true but until the ink is dry on a contract he isn't our player .I don't care a jot about who is getting payed what wages .All I care about is the players eneter the field of battle and give there all for Southend united .And if we get promoted then those players have earned every penny of there wages what ever that might be.

I suspect Mr Cox will be particularly excited- not that Will didn't provide assists but I suspect the chances of Coxy getting 25 goals next year have somewhat increased..in fact what are the odds for him being top scorer in L1 next year?

I'm really pleased with this signing, and as much as I liked Will, I would consider this another one of Phil's upgrades on the squad. That's just hope he lives up to the hype. I also think Kightly probably has half a dozen goals in him at League One.

Talking of goals, obviously pending no injuries & Brown not playing a lone striker formation, I can see Cox achieving around 25 goals next season.

Where's the announcement then? If it's all signed there must be a gurning pic already done! All this screen refreshing is giving me RSI!

Chris Phillips tweeted that its in todays echo but article hasnt been released or put on line yet. That to me suggests its done and will be announced tomorrow

Me too, He will probably tweet something in the morning confirming it, along with the line "read all about it in today's Echo" as per normal.

Back