• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I love the fact that people actually think that Kightly might come here. Don't get me wrong, he'd be a great signing for us, but there are Championship clubs after him, he's not coming here.

Well done RM and PB. Both of them have really stepped up their game and deserve some credit. Guess what a Championship club came in with an offer 45 minutes before he signed for us last night.

According to CP, absolutely no hope in hell of us signing Kightly.

Firstly he wouldn't want to drop down to league one and secondly no way could we ever afford his wages.

Well don't I look a **** now! But I'll take egg on my face for that signing. :happy:

I am not taking this as any more than Phil's annual attempt to deflect pressure onto Ron in the wake of a quiet pre-season in terms of signings.

He tends to do this every summer. Make a big noise about going for a big name, then when it doesn't happen it looks like he has been making loads of effort only to be foiled by Ron not getting his chequebook out. Classic deflection tactic and a clever one. He certainly knows how to use the media to his advantage.

You miss my point. IIRC he never talked about Cox and Ferdinand before they signed, they were a pleasant surprise to most fans. What he is likely to be up to with Kightly is deliberately talking up his interest, deflecting fans' frustrations at lack of activity towards Ron, before getting another deal over the line a little bit further along (possibly Forrester?).

Relax, I'm not slagging him off. In fact, it's a pretty clever bit of management.

Well that backfired didn't it? PB is obviously a crap manager. Even an attempt to put pressure on RM failed, and led to us ending up with a pretty decent signing.

Never mind, I'm sure we'll all get over it.

What is it with bloody millwall? They came in for Kightly at 5:15 and we signed him st 5:30

Back