• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone who has purchased a shirt now needs to make a special journey to the shop to get it replaced. Like I said, it will almost certainly be MD reinstated for next season.

Oh the humanity of having to go to the club shop that most fans will walk past at least once a fortnight! There's only one thing I consider 'special' in this thread.......:winking:

I'm entitled to an opinion, it's called freedom of speech. I already said all I needed to say, and I still think gestures could have been made in ways that did not fundamentally change the look of the kit 4 games in. Why couldn't we have worn "Amy May" tshirts over the top of our kit for every game like they did with the show of support for Coker vs Blackburn? If we were going to do this, why didn't Ron think to do it at the start of the season when the kit came out? It happened back in 2014 after all!

no point trying to press gang me into an apology just because I disagree with the manner of the gesture, or trying to get me banned :facepalm:over it either. I think I'm entitled to voice my opinion even if most of you perhaps don't agree with it. I've already said that I don't have a problem with the club showing support in other ways for any good cause.

if you think I'm going to wake up and think otherwise because of some of the responses I've seen, you are very much mistaken.

I'm entitled to an opinion, it's called freedom of speech. I already said all I needed to say, and I still think gestures could have been made in ways that did not fundamentally change the look of the kit 4 games in. Why couldn't we have worn "Amy May" tshirts over the top of our kit for every game like they did with the show of support for Coker vs Blackburn? If we were going to do this, why didn't Ron think to do it at the start of the season when the kit came out? It happened back in 2014 after all!

no point trying to press gang me into an apology just because I disagree with the manner of the gesture, or trying to get me banned :facepalm:over it either. I think I'm entitled to voice my opinion even if most of you perhaps don't agree with it. I've already said that I don't have a problem with the club showing support in other ways for any good cause.

if you think I'm going to wake up and think otherwise because of some of the responses I've seen, you are very much mistaken.

of course you're entitled to your opinion.

my opinion is that being critical about this is stupid.

Oh the humanity of having to go to the club shop that most fans will walk past at least once a fortnight! There's only one thing I consider 'special' in this thread.......:winking:

So what about exiles like me who live in Ipswich? Or those who live even further afield in Australia or the US? Bit short sighted to only think of those who live in Essex. Mine is obviously not so much an issue as I'm close enough to get to games.

Another couple of Questions - what do we think Ron is paying for the "waste" costs on shirts? Would you have been so supportive of this had Ron not offered to replace shirts and just said "it's for a good cause and we can all afford the cost of a new shirt"? After all, someone is having to pay for all this, why should it all be on Ron? We can all pay the cost of a new shirt for such a great cause I assume?

How many of you will abandon the switch and simply buy the new shirt? That would be the moral optimum....

Maybe the idea simply hadn't occurred to them back then, or maybe the financial aspect and implications hadn't been worked out?

The fact that this case has been highlighted so prominently on ITV recently probably had a lot to do with it - and I applaud Ron for his magnanimity.

Originally Posted by jamesmut2000
Oh the humanity of having to go to the club shop that most fans will walk past at least once a fortnight! There's only one thing I consider 'special' in this thread.
So what about exiles like me who live in Ipswich? Or those who live even further afield in Australia or the US? Bit short sighted to only think of those who live in Essex. Mine is obviously not so much an issue as I'm close enough to get to games.

Not sure about either post TBH - too subtle for me. But for the sake of any doubt from another supporter unfortunate enough to be Ipswich, I think Ron's gesture is excellent.

I think everyone should abandon the deal and buy the new shirt outright. Surely this will be worth more to the trust than the exchange which will presumably not result in as much value? Also cuts out the hassle of sorting out shirt exchanges.

I think everyone should abandon the deal and buy the new shirt outright. Surely this will be worth more to the trust than the exchange which will presumably not result in as much value? Also cuts out the hassle of sorting out shirt exchanges.

I agree. But there are many for whom buying just one shirt means saving to do so.

Blimey, you must be at least 90 in that case.

I have empathy, just not when it causes involuntary inconvenience and not when it makes our club look unprofessional. Charity should be optional not compulsory.

I'm really sorry that you'll have any shirt that you bought replaced for free so that the club can promote a charitable cause. I can only imagine how awful that must be for you.

I would think that the 1 month suggested for exchange is not rigid. I'm sure an explanatory email to the club suggesting that there could be individual circumstances that mean 1 month isn't possible would be met with empathy.

So far you have not come up with a single credible argument to counter a charitable gesture. Keep trying though

If you keep your Martin Dawn sponsored shirt rather than swap for an Amy May shirt, could that make it a bit of a collectors item a bit down the line?

If you keep your Martin Dawn sponsored shirt rather than swap for an Amy May shirt, could that make it a bit of a collectors item a bit down the line?

Presumably you'd offer to donate a percentage of the revenue you make from shirt sales to charity? Seeing as you're indirectly hoping to profit from a disabled girl.

Presumably you'd offer to donate a percentage of the revenue you make from shirt sales to charity? Seeing as you're indirectly hoping to profit from a disabled girl.

I dont particularly like what you are insinuating to be honest. I haven't got a shirt this season thus far so wouldn't have a Martin Dawn shirt anyway. If I did, I'd either swap it for an Amy May shirt or I'd keep it as a collectible, not sell it for profit.

You have no idea what I give to charity already so how about you keep your thoughts to yourself

Please accept my apologies DWB. I misread your original post as someone who was looking to sell the shirt later down the line. I can see now that this is not what you said and that I've put words in your mouth. I'm sorry, this is entirely on me.

Please accept my apologies DWB. I misread your original post as someone who was looking to sell the shirt later down the line. I can see now that this is not what you said and that I've put words in your mouth. I'm sorry, this is entirely on me.

Apology accepted, no harm done

Yes you are entitled to your opinion but it's wrong and just makes you look stupid

Last edited:
I think this is something for the Mods to sort out. We've all expressed our disgust but it's falling on deaf ears. I don't know this chap or lass but it seems to be working us all up.

Over to you Mods.

It could have been a real positive thread (and it is) but spoilt somewhat.

I don't agree with superblue24's point(s) in the slightest but I don't see any reason for moderators to get involved here.

I don't agree with superblue24's point(s) in the slightest but I don't see any reason for moderators to get involved here.

I don't agree, he has a terrible attitude and does so to wind people up (and you let him). It's you job to manage such things.

You delete a post from me but yet his none empathy carry on.

Back