• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I found this little bit on Rob Howard.
Like George Phillips, Rob Howard joined Colchester United towards the end of the season from Arsenal having also spent time playing for Southend in his younger years. Rob is hard-working / tough-tackling midfielder, adept at breaking up opposition attacks and marked his U18s debut v Barnsley with the opening goal in a 2-0 win

Looks like Isaac Hutchinson has accepted a 2 year contract with us ahead of Sparta Prague where he has been on trial

Looks like Isaac Hutchinson has accepted a 2 year contract with us ahead of Sparta Prague where he has been on trial

Says alot about our set up if he turns them down to sign with us.

Says alot about our set up if he turns them down to sign with us.

Who knows, its what your are offered, length of contract, likelihood of getting senior game time. With us he would know there is a meaningful chance to break into the first team because recently so many others have.

**** me lads, I was trying to big up our youth set up. And people say I’m a negative person.

We're just a striker and a wide midfielder away from a complete squad.

What's the chances of Ba playing a part this season? I think he was signed on a whim by PB to silence critics about needing a striker. For a while now we've been asking for a pacey striker and under CP I feel he could be it.
I thought Ba came on the recommendation of the guy who sent us Mohsni?

I found this little bit on Rob Howard.
Like George Phillips, Rob Howard joined Colchester United towards the end of the season from Arsenal having also spent time playing for Southend in his younger years. Rob is hard-working / tough-tackling midfielder, adept at breaking up opposition attacks and marked his U18s debut v Barnsley with the opening goal in a 2-0 win

Comment somewhere from Ricky Duncan suggests he's a midfielder we plan to convert to RB

I guess signing Howard ends Ben Mundele's trial? Unless we want another right-back competing for a place that will most light already be taken.

Back