• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell Out Now

Chris in or out.

• Total voters
I think that RM will look at everything that has gone on, injuries, the fact there are 8 games left and keep Powell as manager. He isn't one for sacking managers without giving them a fair go. Even if we do go down, I think Powell will be here next season

...why are some people saying we have got enough to stay up? imo we are the worst football team in the division, no shots on goal, crabby midfield and a totally clueless manager who plays a lone midget up front.

Adam Barrett - why would you unless you want to ruin the reputation of another ex- player. Need someone whose track record suggest he might sort out this mess - because it is sort outable.
Or be the start of a successful management career. Everyone has to start somehere. i genuinely believe someone who has a connection and passion for the club is better than a journeyman Manager. Powell has that granted but luck and tactical ineptness and an inability to demonstrate leadership have led to his inevitable downfall....

We have 8 games left....we have one roll of the dice...

Granted we don’t know what Barretts tactical skills are like...but far too much is made of something that is a very simple game. It is about leadership and man management

...why are some people saying we have got enough to stay up? imo we are the worst football team in the division, no shots on goal, crabby midfield and a totally clueless manager who plays a lone midget up front.

For once is is hard to disagree with you Wigster..play players in their postions even if they are youngsters..keep your game plan and formation you play to win with in tack....I doubt people would be so frustrated then if we lost but kept to a system that overall got results.

Paul Sturrock may disagree.

I hated the way Sturrock was sacked, didn't want him gone and thought he deserved more time. Fantastic bloke and to be sacked after he got us to wembley was bang out of order. My point is that RM did give Sturrock a good go, he didn't sack him a season in.

I do wonder where we would be now if Sturrock hadn't been sacked at that point in time

I think he deserves more time at this stage of the season and with the injuries we’ve had, but if your the chairman he will look at this very differently, how long does he wait for a change in luck and does the chairman put up with the possibility of league two football, it’s one hell of a gamble.

Own up, who says go give him more time?

Ok I’m still in the stay camp....but I was very much in the Wenger in camp too....

I’m just one of those that always feels unless there’s a clear and obvious better replacement then what’s the point of changing? In times of indecision in life for me and for my family my advice to them is “if you don’t know what to then don’t do anything” give yourself time to think and time to get a clearer idea of what you want to achieve and how.

There are 8 games left. I dont believe for a second that the dressing room is against him. The players are low and they are struggling and if I’m honest so is the manager and when you’re under enormous pressure you make bad decisions....however I firmly believe that we will stay up and CP will have learned so many lessons from this he’ll be a better manager for it....he or we won’t benefit from this right now but I do think we will if we can weather it and stay up.....

Making a rash decision and chucking an unknown quantity in as manager now is desperate (I know it is desperate!!) and relying on a “new manager bounce” is leaving everything to chance and everything to fluke....

I for one would prefer to sit tight see if we can wing it out and start afresh next season where CP, the young players, the existing players, will all be better stronger and closer for it....

I don’t like all I’ve seen, I dont agree with how things have gone or with some selections but I’m totally behind the idea of sticking with it....

All other options fill me with fear to be honest.....

It’s just hope - your posts are never balanced to me.

What’s hard for me and others to grasp is the near enjoyment that some fans have over the failure of the club.

This may be irrational on my part. But when the constant negative posters come out only ever when difficult times come I find it difficult to accept the argument.

We’re terrible. Absolutely terrible.

But I’ll cling on to the hope forever. Until it’s gone.

I hated the way Sturrock was sacked, didn't want him gone and thought he deserved more time. Fantastic bloke and to be sacked after he got us to wembley was bang out of order. My point is that RM did give Sturrock a good go, he didn't sack him a season in.

I do wonder where we would be now if Sturrock hadn't been sacked at that point in time

Unfortunately Sturrock had to go after gaining 1 point in 3 games against teams near the bottom, which ended our play-off chances.

Though you could now argue CP has had more lives than PS!

It's not just about staying up, for me, it's about what the plan is and frankly there isn't one under CP

He dabbles with playing youngsters and then leaves them out, so there's no obvious succession plan in place there.

He has no settled system and style of play.

I'm not convinced of the fitness levels, either. We seemed a yard fitter under PB. Our energy levels in the last 20 of most games are very low.

In short, we jump from problem to problem. Like it's a house with several leaks and we try patching one up, but it just creates another one somewhere else.

At the moment, every room is leaking, though!

Still in League Two.

It’s just hope - your posts are never balanced to me.

What’s hard for me and others to grasp is the near enjoyment that some fans have over the failure of the club.

This may be irrational on my part. But when the constant negative posters come out only ever when difficult times come I find it difficult to accept the argument.

We’re terrible. Absolutely terrible.

But I’ll cling on to the hope forever. Until it’s gone.

.....i've got no enjoyment watching that trash every week. I see absolutely no hope of Powell keeping us up because of his ridiculous tactics that are STILL not designed to win a game even at this stage, quite unbelievable. However i hope that Ron gets rid on Monday to give us a fighting chance of staying up.....Duncan, Maher, Tea lady i don't care but a change might spark a bit of life into the players and stop us going down to the dreadful League two courtesy of a nice bloke, very poor manager.

Ok I’m still in the stay camp....but I was very much in the Wenger in camp too....

I’m just one of those that always feels unless there’s a clear and obvious better replacement then what’s the point of changing? In times of indecision in life for me and for my family my advice to them is “if you don’t know what to then don’t do anything” give yourself time to think and time to get a clearer idea of what you want to achieve and how.

There are 8 games left. I dont believe for a second that the dressing room is against him. The players are low and they are struggling and if I’m honest so is the manager and when you’re under enormous pressure you make bad decisions....however I firmly believe that we will stay up and CP will have learned so many lessons from this he’ll be a better manager for it....he or we won’t benefit from this right now but I do think we will if we can weather it and stay up.....

Making a rash decision and chucking an unknown quantity in as manager now is desperate (I know it is desperate!!) and relying on a “new manager bounce” is leaving everything to chance and everything to fluke....

I for one would prefer to sit tight see if we can wing it out and start afresh next season where CP, the young players, the existing players, will all be better stronger and closer for it....

I don’t like all I’ve seen, I dont agree with how things have gone or with some selections but I’m totally behind the idea of sticking with it....

All other options fill me with fear to be honest.....
If Powell stays we are in a League 2, he is not going to turn this around this season, he does not have the leadership or motivational skills to do so and his lack of confidence and poor tactics and selections has rubbed off on the team. Therefore if Ron keeps faith he is basically saying he realises we will be relegated and has confidence in Powell in League 2 next season. Financially with our current wage bill this will be an unmitigated disaster and could see us spiralling towards the conferance. Powell has to be dismissed on Monday.

.....i've got no enjoyment watching that trash every week. I see absolutely no hope of Powell keeping us up because of his ridiculous tactics that are STILL not designed to win a game even at this stage, quite unbelievable. However i hope that Ron gets rid on Monday to give us a fighting chance of staying up.....Duncan, Maher, Tea lady i don't care but a change might spark a bit of life into the players and stop us going down to the dreadful League two courtesy of a nice bloke, very poor manager.

To be fair to the Tea lady, I think she has a chance, as she would have picked Moore over Turner, and Yearwood over Dieng. She would have played 2 up front as well against the bottom club.

I really like CP as a man and a former player, but that today was one of the most weak and tactically inept performances I have seen for many years.

Today was so reminiscent of those dark days under Alvin Martin etc. The difference was that Alvin Martin didn't have the kind if players at his disposal that CP has.

The big difference today was that Wimbledon had a game plan and it worked. Even when they were winning their manager was screaming at them and encouraging them. I looked over at CP and the goon squad he employed and there was just nothing. Head down and hands in pockets.

I'm not sure what Ron will do but I'm convinced that under CP we will be relegated.

If we do change id really like to see someone much more animated come in. A man manager and a character. This management team and the team in general don't have an ounce of identity or general confidence.

when people talk about 'fitness' I dont think fitness is an issue . what we see on the pitch is simply a symptom of playing with no confidence?
there isn't the belief in the team. I can remember under Sturrock if we went 1-0 down you could see the believe in the players and the supporters that we would still win-- and we did

the belief isn't there anymore- players and the supporters

I think that RM will look at everything that has gone on, injuries, the fact there are 8 games left and keep Powell as manager. He isn't one for sacking managers without giving them a fair go. Even if we do go down, I think Powell will be here next season

Not sure about next season but I think he would have gone an hour after the game had finished so it doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere for now.

Back