• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of thrones -season 8

Anyone else want to share what they went to bed dreaming last night??

I wasn’t that sort of dream lol.
Dreamt the night king and army of the dead got into my house and were hiding. Don’t know where mind as it’s not a very big house

I wasn’t that sort of dream lol.
Dreamt the night king and army of the dead got into my house and were hiding. Don’t know where mind as it’s not a very big house
5297837-cf69c11d86ab3ffa105575af1013c4049d0197d4.jpg

The Night King to not even bother at Winterfell, but to take half his army and avoid Winterfell and head straight down to Kings Landing. Winterfell will be a massacre but the Night King won't be involved.

ooh who wants a really crazy theory I heard...

[SPOILER="theory based on nothing really"]The girl we saw turn up at the foodstall with Davos who had greyscale and looked like Shireen, is actually Melisandre in disguise[/SPOILER]

no idea why spoiler tags don't work on this

The Night King to not even bother at Winterfell, but to take half his army and avoid Winterfell and head straight down to Kings Landing. Winterfell will be a massacre but the Night King won't be involved.

Good shout, that.

I agree, it does seem inevitable that Winterfell falls and your theory makes perfect sense. I think that is why I'm looking for a deviation on it, it's too predictable IMO and I'm expecting a shock or two.

Yeah fair point. As Pubey mentioned above, possible the KK swerves Winterfell althogether? Let’s face it, we’re all expecting him to be there when it goes down next week. It’d be fairly surprising to see him nowhere near it, and instead, actually on the way to KL.

Although the one thing that sticks in my mind, is that he’s supposedly after Bran, and knows exactly where he is. So why would he purposely avoid him?

It’s abundantly clear though. that the plan to lure KK into a trap via Bran & the big tree, is going to fail miserably. By him avoiding Winterfell altogether, the writers effectively avoid the risk of lazy writing on that front, but would need something more than just... well he didn’t fancy Winterfell, so cracked on to KL instead.

I'm playing devils advocate with the living holding winterfell and the prolonged siege theory. The dragon may not have been factored in but the dead getting past the wall was when Winterfell was built, if the legend of Bran the builder is to be believed. There may not be obvious foreshadowing of Bran the Builder but there was a whole DVD extra feature on him that was narrated by Isaac/Bran and featured imagery in the form of ancient drawing of bran the builder being carried on a platform like a cripple. It's a theory I'm buying into.

I can certainly see the connection with the two Brans. I don’t buy it 100%, but I won’t rule it out.

Perhaps Danerys does go to the iron islands, possibly alone on her dragon? I think one dragon will warm to Jon Snow and become "his".

So many ideas that I think could hold weight

Yep, Dany is odds on to appear at The Iron Islands.

I’m caught in two minds now.... either she flees the fighting at Winterfell, and retreats back there on her own, or John and the rest fall back there, And she joins later

You’re right though, there’s so many different possibilities

It would be a shock. I'm sure there will be a battle in the next episode, several of the cast have said episode 3 is epic at the premiere in Belfast. The night king may split the army but, like GBJ says, if he is after Bran that doesn't make sense.

Some foretelling is definitely put there as a red herring, the Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger trial from last season comes to mind.

One thing is for sure. The Linux forums will be very quiet.

That's the thing. GOT has cut across a levels of society, not just nerds like you & me. You could hardly call GBJ & Tinks nerds and they're proper fanboys/girls. :ROFL:

That's the thing. GOT has cut across a levels of society, not just nerds like you & me. You could hardly call GBJ & Tinks nerds and they're proper fanboys/girls. :ROFL:

It's a gateway show. They will be hanging out in Games Workshop soon enough.

Some TV shows just hook me in, to the point I become almost too intrenched in it.

Same thing happened with Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead, which along with GoT are all-time greats

:Worthy:

Some TV shows just hook me in, to the point I become almost too intrenched in it.

Same thing happened with Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead, which along with GoT are all-time greats

:Worthy:

Absolutely have to agree with you. Idea for new thread......

As we will no doubt find in the spin off prequels. I have a feeling the won't compare.

I don't expect them to either, you are never going to follow the biggest TV series ever with a success of equal measure. I have not read any of the supporting books myself but have been told they are very good so would expect the spin offs to be half decent. I'm sure HBO will fund them well.

Back