• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Don’t understand why so many are so keen to move Macca on. He’s a great player at this level and he might not have had a great season, but Cox aside, who has? He reminded us against Sunderland just what he can bring and given how hard it is to find wingers with end products at this level, we’d be stupid to let him move on.

As mentioned, with Hyam, Dieng and Kightly all contracted next season, it will make strengthening the midfield difficult. I highly doubt we’ll get many offers for them. Dieng maybe, but with Kightly and Hyam’s injury records and wage demands, I fear we’re stuck with them.
Wot he said!

Of all the players out of contract, the only one I would want to keep is Smith.

I agree, he could be a very good keeper, what little we have seen of him so far shows that he has good potential. I can see him going elsewhere though and turning out to be a superb signing for someone. Hopefully we keep him even if that means loaning him out somewhere.

You have a point but I would at this stage of Teds career it would be best to challenge for first team football. Cant see that happening with us so time for him to find a club that suits.

George Boyd at Sheffield Wednesday always a tricky opponent, might be worth approaching:Thumbs up:

Totally agree about Macca. Can't just write him off, we know there is a good player in there, he has just had a rubbish season. Off the field stuff (didn't his missus have a baby?) a few dodgy disruptive injuries and you all want to get rid.

We need wingers, and lots of them (Barrett is untried and seriously injured), why get rid of one that we know can be quality.

Kightly, though can do one.

George Boyd at Sheffield Wednesday always a tricky opponent, might be worth approaching:Thumbs up:

He's suffered a bad shoulder injury requiring 2 operations whilst at Sheff Wed. So another old injury affected player we certainly don't need.
He has just said this.....
Speaking on Saturday, he said: "I am out of contract, so we'll see. I'm 33 now which I don't feel, but I need a new club for the summer.
"We are settled up north so hopefully somewhere up north but I'd never say never (about a return to Stevenage).”

Smith? Really can you explain because I thought he was a distant 3rd choice

He was only 3rd choice as he came back from a long injury. Prior to that he was challenging Oxley for No1 shirt. Personally think he's an excellent keeper and it would wrong to ditch him.

I can see Elvis pushing Demi to second choice, and him wanting out. If Coker can find a contract he will be gone, so 2 new fall backs required. Playing most games with Wingbacks do we really need wingers? I'd shift Knightly Dieng out, keep Smith and White, Ba is a good prospect I like Wabo but don't think he is good enough. I think we should of signed Lapado, (Plymouth) try and swap with Theo. I can't see us signing Hart or Moore not a huge fan of Bunn. Need a Nasty centre mid a creative spark in midfield 2 full backs and a no nonsense center half. And pace up front.

I personally think Ted Smith is probably number one on my release list. Got Oxley and Bishop two managers have not seen any reason to put Smith in the squad over either of them. Have we got budget for three goalkeepers? Probably not if he goes off and does well fair play to him but I see more personality in Bishop than I ever have Smith

I can see Elvis pushing Demi to second choice, and him wanting out. If Coker can find a contract he will be gone, so 2 new fall backs required. Playing most games with Wingbacks do we really need wingers? I'd shift Knightly Dieng out, keep Smith and White, Ba is a good prospect I like Wabo but don't think he is good enough. I think we should of signed Lapado, (Plymouth) try and swap with Theo. I can't see us signing Hart or Moore not a huge fan of Bunn. Need a Nasty centre mid a creative spark in midfield 2 full backs and a no nonsense center half. And pace up front.
Demetriou has 2 years on his contract. Total Essex boy, doesn't want to play anywhere else he didn't like travelling to Walsall and that's not exactly miles away. He is going nowhere.

I personally think Ted Smith is probably number one on my release list. Got Oxley and Bishop two managers have not seen any reason to put Smith in the squad over either of them. Have we got budget for three goalkeepers? Probably not if he goes off and does well fair play to him but I see more personality in Bishop than I ever have Smith

I think the main issue there is "budget" and, if young Ted's comeback from injury is okay, would see us keeping Smith ahead of Oxley.

If we were looking for another striker...How about Tyler Walker (son of Des Walker),
22 years old. he's currently on loan at Mansfield from Nottingham Forest & he's out of contract at the beginning of June, and has bagged 22 goals (so far) in 44 games in Division Two.

Should Mansfield fail to get promoted via the play offs, presuming he will either become a free agent or re-sign a new contract with Forest, he / them may well be looking to play him at a higher level, also I would like to think (but probably not) we could compete with what ever wages Mansfield are currently paying him.

before we start all this we should sign rubbish .Has it passed fans by .We need a manager first so he can build a squad he wants .

I think the main issue there is "budget" and, if young Ted's comeback from injury is okay, would see us keeping Smith ahead of Oxley.

Oxley is under contract.. Someone has to buy him(or we let go on free transfer) or we pay up his contract. Not to mention the fact we probably want to keep him. Smith has been injured, back from injury, not in matchday squad and is out of contract - Released.

before we start all this we should sign rubbish .Has it passed fans by .We need a manager first so he can build a squad he wants .
Don't ruin out fun - this is all we have to do over the summer - wild guesses over who we want to sign have no relevance to having or not having a manager:Hilarious:
Sometimes I've never heard of these "hoped" new signings - and then get disappointed when they sign for someone else :Smile:

Back