• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

so on that list who is the midfield maestro that we need, the playmaker that our forwards could feed off?

There is an attacking midfielder who has done well in League 1 this season and their contract is coming to an end this summer. Don't think they've been mentioned yet, but wonder if they would be a Payne to get back ... :Whistling:

Callum Harriott stands out, but doubt we'd be able to afford him.

There is an attacking midfielder who has done well in League 1 this season and their contract is coming to an end this summer. Don't think they've been mentioned yet, but wonder if they would be a Payne to get back ... :Whistling:
More often than not a waste of (not very much) space.

Id take Mark Cullen!
On his day the guy is exceptional and is not too old either

Not over Hopper, Humphrys or Cox. Add to that Theo, who would do ok if we find some mid-fielders who can play an attacking decent forward pass.

Not over Hopper, Humphrys or Cox. Add to that Theo, who would do ok if we find some mid-fielders who can play an attacking decent forward pass.

Yeah I agree. Theo can play a part no doubt about it for me, the total absence of a functioning midfield (especially wide midfield) this season is the key reason for our struggles IMO. More so than the injuries I reckon. We need a commanding, pacy centre back, a boss for the centre of the park and wide midfielders (2 or 3 of them). I really believe we’ll do ok with everyone else. Mantom, Hyam and Dru could play a part in the centre but not Dieng. Kightly is, sadly, well past it and McLaughlin could do ok but just hasn’t either creating or scoring chances. Barratt needs to be given a chance.

Callum Harriott stands out, but doubt we'd be able to afford him.

Believe he's on route to Ipswich.

Jack Payne has another year at Huddersfield. Likely to be on fringes there this coming season.

Charlie Gilmour released by Arsenal. Someone we could give a trial too?

Yeah I agree. Theo can play a part no doubt about it for me, the total absence of a functioning midfield (especially wide midfield) this season is the key reason for our struggles IMO. More so than the injuries I reckon. We need a commanding, pacy centre back, a boss for the centre of the park and wide midfielders (2 or 3 of them). I really believe we’ll do ok with everyone else. Mantom, Hyam and Dru could play a part in the centre but not Dieng. Kightly is, sadly, well past it and McLaughlin could do ok but just hasn’t either creating or scoring chances. Barratt needs to be given a chance.

Did you know that in timed speed trials, Lennon was the fastest player at the club? Taylor Moore was right up there as well(Hope he comes back).

Believe he's on route to Ipswich.

Jack Payne has another year at Huddersfield. Likely to be on fringes there this coming season.
The problem with Payne is that he would likely want higher wages than we can afford. According to their local paper Bradford reportedly were paying 50% of Payne's wages at the start of the season and then in order to stave off interest from promotion chasing clubs they upped it to almost the full amount!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...bradford-city-after-new-deal-agreed-1-9539289

If Bradford had to pay that much to keep him at the club there must be a few clubs willing to give him wages similar to what he's on at the moment, which is probably more than our budget allows.

I'd try to get Ethan Ebanks-Landell in. Big, strong, dominant in the air and great at getting on the end of set pieces. Whether he would want to come south is another matter.

I don't think this really gives a lot of useful info. So many permutations to this. A team could have a brilliant defence full of u23s and finish bottom of that table etc

Yep, Bwomono, Moore, Hart and Bishop all played large parts in our season.

Move Bishop up would be the cheaper option IMO. Oxley does not do it for me, I always panic whenever there is a cross/corner coming in or he pars or tries to punch a save straight to one of the oppositions forwards. What happened to actually catching the ball?

Maybe he needs to watch a few old Gordon Banks videos.

Or if he wanted to catch it one handed Pat Jennings videos!

Back