• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Should we not be having a clear out as much as possible? Considering what just happened...
Havent been able to make games this season for various reasons. But from reading here and our results seems like we have a gutless squad who arent good enough? Is 3 in 3 out really good enough to turn the squad into serious contenders?

Should we not be having a clear out as much as possible? Considering what just happened...
Havent been able to make games this season for various reasons. But from reading here and our results seems like we have a gutless squad who arent good enough? Is 3 in 3 out really good enough to turn the squad into serious contenders?
IMO we don't need too many changes to have a good match day squad #withoutinjuries.
However the midfield needs a hard tackler/leader and a box to box dynamo of the kind missing since Lenny left.
Barratt MIGHT return and be good, MacL may break free from his malaise.
There are more "over the hill" players needing "thanks & best wishes/good bye"; than we need to get new players in for with the youths coming through and deserving of being involved more.

Just to clarify absolutely not suggesting signing Jack Payne, just pointing out that he’s not available on a free as had been suggested.

Cox is three times the player.

This says a lot and should make a point for our business this summer.

It’s interesting, but I’m not sure it says a whole lot really? Whilst I’m all for reducing the average age of the squad as long as we don’t sacrifice our hopes and standards for quality whilst doing so, I don’t see how this is the evidence that proves that we should do so?

Midfield's been the major problem for me, we certainly had injuries up front and in defence, not so much in the middle. Too many in midfield weren't good enough, including Dru sadly.

I'd be looking to move on Kightly, Dieng and Hyam. Kightly I think we're stuck with. No one's going match our silly wages for a player who gets knackered after 10 minutes.

Dieng? I don't know. On a free I could see someone having a punt. At his best he's decent, when the chips are down though, he goes completely missing.

Hyam? Made of glass. We didn't need to take the risk when we had Dieng and Mantom signed, no one's going to want him IMO.

McLaughlin, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. He had an awful season, but we know he can be so much better. The Sunderland game underlined that point for me.

My main hope us that Dru gets back to his 17/18 form, and Mantom or a new signing can back him up effectively.

Last edited:
This year we saw a huge number of players whose poor form had to be suffered in public because the rest of the squad was on the injury table or too young (e.g. Dieng / Hyam / Klass). Those that were fit played poorly, those that were out of the side were our better players.

From the squad that finished the season I think we should try to

cast off:
Hendrie, Turner, Ba, Kightly & McLaughlin.

Renew:
Smith, Coker, White, Klass & Acquah

Sign:
Left back, central defender, central midfielder & winger(x2)

Not rumours as such, but there are murmurings of us and Gillingham being interested in Northampton's John-Joe O'Toole. My immediate thought is no thanks!

This year we saw a huge number of players whose poor form had to be suffered in public because the rest of the squad was on the injury table or too young (e.g. Dieng / Hyam / Klass). Those that were fit played poorly, those that were out of the side were our better players.

From the squad that finished the season I think we should try to

cast off:
Hendrie, Turner, Ba, Kightly & McLaughlin.

Renew:
Smith, Coker, White, Klass & Acquah

Sign:
Left back, central defender, central midfielder & winger(x2)
The left back being Hart and the central defender being Moore would be nice:Thumbs up:

I thought we'd signed someone this morning when my Chrome feed said Richard Taylor wins Shrimpers deal to find they were talking about Fleetwood...

I know this may be a bit premature but how about trying to get Sterling on loan from Spurs for the next season? we wanted him in Jan and when he game on for Sunderland his trickery caught the eye.

I can't see him getting into their first XI next season so assuming he doesn't move to the championship he could be available

One of our worst failings this year was our usual dismal performance in the January transfer market.
The new Summer market kicks off on the 17 th May and for league 1 and 2 clubs runs right through until 31st August for all permanent and loan signings. However we know most players contracts don't end until 30th June
LastSummer , nevertheless, over 90 players were signed before the 30th June

With our shiny new recruitment team in place I didn't expect to experience the miserable last minute debacle of bathe Theo Robinson farce and the bloke who changed his mind with 2 hours to go of the deadline.

Being a bit more savvy with forward planning is the key, so as ever I look forward in wonder to see if we will be last out of the blocks this time round and enjoy the continued frenzy on here that makes Sz such great fun to be part of

One of our worst failings this year was our usual dismal performance in the January transfer market.

Probably the signing of Stephen Humphrys was the final straw in terms of rubbish signings. And on the loans front, well, Sam Hart? Loser.

Back