• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yoghurt's off on match days now but I'm still concerned that Shooe's not taking our current plight seriously enough.

smiley Shooe.jpg

Looks like he might need a different training routine as well as match day diet. A you say yoghurt doesn’t help the team.

He does look a lot more relaxed than most of us on here Rob !

I'm wondering if he's trying to tell us not to worry as everything's gonna be alright, Chris - however, it occurred to me on Saturday that we had more points under Dick Bate at this stage of the season (in '87) than we do now.

Looks like he might need a different training routine as well as match day diet. A you say yoghurt doesn’t help the team.

Mrs Noxious is our resident nutritionist here at Fort Nox, Prawn - she's going to be in charge of Shooe's pre-match intake tomorrow night as I'm out playing walking football during the first half of proceedings at the Hall. I'm hoping that she'll get it right on the night.

Hoping Shooe has a relaxing afternoon and that Mrs Noxious works her magic with his pre-match routine tonight :Thumbs up:

Hoping Shooe has a relaxing afternoon and that Mrs Noxious works her magic with his pre-match routine tonight :Thumbs up:

Just got home, Roxy, and seen that the old boy's relaxed upon his table-top. Mrs Noxious has been relaxing too - she's been in the bath three hours, she tells me - so here's hoping this pre-match routine changes our fortunes tonight.

We need to get a more experienced cat in the team. He is young and will make mistakes. ?

Just got home, Roxy, and seen that the old boy's relaxed upon his table-top. Mrs Noxious has been relaxing too - she's been in the bath three hours, she tells me - so here's hoping this pre-match routine changes our fortunes tonight.

If it works Mrs Noxious will be in the bath quite a lot, hopefully with a glass of something chilled :Highfive:

Oh well in that case he is too old, injury prone and his legs have gone and just picking up one last catnip payday ?

Amwell - I think that you're right. I think it's too much pressure for him this late in the day. He was a great assistant to Chick when the going got tough but perhaps he is still in a bit of post-bereavement shock and I think that I need to relieve him of his duties. For his benefit, of course.

Amwell - I think that you're right. I think it's too much pressure for him this late in the day. He was a great assistant to Chick when the going got tough but perhaps he is still in a bit of post-bereavement shock and I think that I need to relieve him of his duties. For his benefit, of course.

Maybe Shooey needs an assistant now he's taken over Chick's reins. :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

I believe that it's best to rest the poor old fella now. It's a long season - and getting longer with each League game currently - and I think that I may have been over-hopeful that Shooe could continue Chicken's incredible work. In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with the latest pic of the old boy from earlier today. I'm not sure if he's replying to Smudgster's post (above) by sticking his tongue out or whether he's suggesting that someone else should be 'out.'

Cheers for now and thanks for being such a great gang. Fingers crossed for an upturn in our fortunes - and pronto.

Shooe tongue out.jpg

the whole club seem to be taking a while to get over Chick's transfer to the great box in the sky. It's early days for Shoo but Mrs Bearded has given the awww of approval so hopefully it's just a matter of bedding down Shoo's new routine and the results will come. People are so impatient these days. It's a big step up for a cat, even an experienced one. Shoo will come good in the end. Keep the pictures coming mate, it's literally the only aspect of Southend she takes any interest in

the whole club seem to be taking a while to get over Chick's transfer to the great box in the sky. It's early days for Shoo but Mrs Bearded has given the awww of approval so hopefully it's just a matter of bedding down Shoo's new routine and the results will come. People are so impatient these days. It's a big step up for a cat, even an experienced one. Shoo will come good in the end. Keep the pictures coming mate, it's literally the only aspect of Southend she takes any interest in

Ah - that is so heartening to hear, Bearded. And please send my best to Mrs B too. I'll still rest the old fella over the BH for our games and see how we go but I might see if he's up for a photo comment on suitable occasions following a review of our fortunes vis-à-vis his rest.

Back