• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me it’s got to be Adam Barrett with Steve Tilson as assistant. We get fresh ideas, fresh coaching and a manager who could develop and grow with the club. We also get the wealth of experience and knowledge from Tilson.

The feel good factor would be firmly back at Roots Hall and I think the disconnect between the fans, players and management would be pretty much repaired.

We know there are issues with the playing squad and there is fat to be trimmed next summer when certain players contracts are up, so I would certainly be patient with them and wouldn’t be expecting miracles overnight. I’m sure many others would be patient too.

At this stage, we need stability and someone to take on this project as a work in progress. I really do think they would be fantastic appointments for so many reasons.

I bet he loves RM for relieving him of the burden of SUFC -

the Powell out brigade always were representative of the Roots Hall know nothing about football but love to pay money to have a big loud moan about everything - you know the ones who think the players are always "sh+te" and like a manager to get sent to the stands every week for screaming abuse at the fourth official - passion !! - etc etc - get it in there!!

@ChrisPowell1969

·
1h

The last ten days have been truly incredible. I can't thank Gareth, the staff, the players and the supporters enough for the welcome I've received. I'm determined to make the most of this opportunity; to listen, to learn and ultimately, to contribute. Thank you, Chris.

I bet he loves RM for relieving him of the burden of SUFC -

the Powell out brigade always were representative of the Roots Hall know nothing about football but love to pay money to have a big loud moan about everything - you know the ones who think the players are always "sh+te" and like a manager to get sent to the stands every week for screaming abuse at the fourth official - passion !! - etc etc - get it in there!!
@ChrisPowell1969
·
1h

The last ten days have been truly incredible. I can't thank Gareth, the staff, the players and the supporters enough for the welcome I've received. I'm determined to make the most of this opportunity; to listen, to learn and ultimately, to contribute. Thank you, Chris.
This might come as a surprise to you, but CP isn't in the England setup for his coaching ability.

SOUTHEND United legend Ian Benjamin feels his former Shrimpers team-mate Steve Tilson should be given another chance at Roots Hall.

More...

For me it’s got to be Adam Barrett with Steve Tilson as assistant. We get fresh ideas, fresh coaching and a manager who could develop and grow with the club. We also get the wealth of experience and knowledge from Tilson.

The feel good factor would be firmly back at Roots Hall and I think the disconnect between the fans, players and management would be pretty much repaired.

We know there are issues with the playing squad and there is fat to be trimmed next summer when certain players contracts are up, so I would certainly be patient with them and wouldn’t be expecting miracles overnight. I’m sure many others would be patient too.

At this stage, we need stability and someone to take on this project as a work in progress. I really do think they would be fantastic appointments for so many reasons.

I would expect some discipline and professionalism overnight.

Stories of players skiving off from their gym work in the afternoon or the well payed injured, found drinking tea upstairs instead of doing their rehab work......Makes me lose all respect for them.

Certainly would not have happened under some previous mangers I can think off.

I would expect some discipline and professionalism overnight.

Stories of players skiving off from their gym work in the afternoon or the well payed injured, found drinking tea upstairs instead of doing their rehab work......Makes me lose all respect for them.

Certainly would not have happened under some previous mangers I can think off.

I know you have an insight so I'd be interested to know which managers you think would run a tight ship? I think I'd have an idea but I have been surprised by a couple of things I've heard about players and managers lately that don't fit the impression I had of them at all.

I know you have an insight so I'd be interested to know which managers you think would run a tight ship? I think I'd have an idea but I have been surprised by a couple of things I've heard about players and managers lately that don't fit the impression I had of them at all.

Interesting few posts above. I don't know the answer but its about respect for the club, manager, chairman, fans, etc..

You think of the teams under Tilson or Sturrock (in particular) and i could not imagine those players taking the pi**. They weren't built that way - they cared and took pride in their job. Probably more to do with the recruitment of players (Sturrock often brought in players he knew and could rely on) - Bond & Powell brought in players who they thought good to a job and it seems they dont have the attitude we like to see from our Southend United (committed, never give up, etc)

Tilly has not been involved in main-stream football for some time now, so don't think RM would go down that line.
For me its a Barratt/Milligan duo.

I assume he’s talking about Brown. For what it’s worth, Brown is exactly the sort of manager we need right now. I know he wouldn’t come back and nor do I think he should, but I get the impression he would sort this mess out and pretty quickly too.

I assume he’s talking about Brown. For what it’s worth, Brown is exactly the sort of manager we need right now. I know he wouldn’t come back and nor do I think he should, but I get the impression he would sort this mess out and pretty quickly too.

Like he did at Swindon?

Tilly has not been involved in main-stream football for some time now, so don't think RM would go down that line.
For me its a Barratt/Milligan duo.

Given RM hired Bond on his CV, I don’t think Tilson’s current activities or lack or recent experience would necessarily put him off.

Like he did at Swindon?

Brown lost the dressing room massively towards the end so it was inevitable he would be on his way. I think Brown cared too much at times and let his emotions get the better of him.

But you can’t tell me that he wouldn’t get this squad in shape physically and iron out some of the rumours of ill discipline. He would command the respect that Bond didn’t.

Back