• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1) Yes you can. they have the machines at Dover

2) I'm not suggesting containers on ships from China. The lorry arrived from Europe via Ireland and Anglesey. So more machines needed because guess what, the successful criminals are always one step a head of the law. Or the ferry crossing would give plenty of time to search with dogs etc.

3) The EU need to get tougher as the problem is not going away and people can be loaded in any country.

4) We could do nothing and continue to enjoy competitive prices at out local Turkish restaurant.

That's gamma ray, not x Ray scanning!

Fair play I didn't know they were used.

Clearly the policy of holding drivers responsible doesn't work. Rather than a fine per person found, how about some 20 year prison sentences for the organisers

What happened to X-ray machines and sniffer dogs.?

I am running a risk of getting political here BUT the refugee/asylum/illegal migration topic is TOO huge to scope: and is largely ignored, or treated as a temporary situation, or somebody else's, or a crime/punishment, or a "hot potato" race topic to steer clear of; when, in my opinion, it is like global warming/ecology; A MUST to be properly looked at, to be given full International cross border cohesive tactics. It isn't a UK alone issue, and we, as a world leader, need to step up to the mark with clarity of purpose AND drag other countries into action.
We have no 3rd World Borders and are "lucky" with that to a large part, BUT need to recognise that other nations (e.g. Bulgaria/Greece etc) are at the sharp end and need backing to do the right thing and probing determined appropriate punishment for not doing so.
Make no mistake this is bigger than the major organised crime portrayed as the "acceptable" blame face of the moment.

Complete tragedy what has happened to these poor people.Unfortunately there are people who whatever the consequences are for others like these people who have died in container or themselves in terms of long prison sentences etc who will still commit these vile crimes in pursuit of quick and vast somes of money

Blooming heck, Riggers and Tangers have both liked my semi political post! WOW a great sign to get an agreement from the Left and Right!
Next the B****** fix.

Blooming heck, Riggers and Tangers have both liked my semi political post! WOW a great sign to get an agreement from the Left and Right!
Next the B****** fix.
Haha they are agreeing it is a massive issue that needs to be discussed, my money would be on them not agreeing in the discussion

Drove down to Foulness Island checkpoint to head off along the road which takes you to the eerie 'Broomsticks', for a walk along the sea wall.
Bloody MOD now got the road closed with barriers across it.
Hav'nt been there for several years, so no idea how long it has been inaccessible. Why??.

Drove down to Foulness Island checkpoint to head off along the road which takes you to the eerie 'Broomsticks', for a walk along the sea wall.
Bloody MOD now got the road closed with barriers across it.
Hav'nt been there for several years, so no idea how long it has been inaccessible. Why??.
At least 10 years to my knowledge, certainly since private developers took over the garrison end of the site and M of D plod got removed and private security took over and just do checkpoints.

At least 10 years to my knowledge, certainly since private developers took over the garrison end of the site and M of D plod got removed and private security took over and just do checkpoints.

How time flies!. Thought it was only around 5 years ago, since we last went there!. Cheers for that.

The use of the word ‘tret’, ****ing northerners.

It took me 5 times to write that word as autocorrect just wouldn’t let me write it.

Back