• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems that Dover seem intent on limiting away support.

£20 for a first round tie is quite steep.

No pay on the day is rediculous.

The ko day and time is awful.

All of the above mean that, what would have been an away support of 2k will now be about 700 odd.

I was looking forward to a good old fashioned away day. Gonna watch on the box now.

It seems that Dover seem intent on limiting away support.

£20 for a first round tie is quite steep.

No pay on the day is rediculous.

The ko day and time is awful.

All of the above mean that, what would have been an away support of 2k will now be about 700 odd.

I was looking forward to a good old fashioned away day. Gonna watch on the box now.

To be fair, a conference club making money is not a bad thing after all the clubs in higher leagues having financial problems. Dover won't get that many options for additional income.
KO is fine, a lot of people will have work on Monday and will appreciate the earlier start.

Nice to get out for some Sunday footy for a change.

112 seats and 1,188 terrace tickets available.
Official site states 1,888 terrace tickets.

Not that it matters because 1,188 would be more than enough. Not sure why with so many tickets available there is a priority sales period.
Hopefully a good turnout let's have a good cup run to cheer us up a bit. 2nd round would be brilliant.?

I believe from Friday for ST holders and then ?Tuesday for general sale but I don’t think it is going to be a problem getting a ticket

Yes Friday 1st for ST holders over that weekend then on the Monday they go on general sale.

I was at the Dover game yesterday. We were shockingly awful. Your ticket allocation is an initial one. If you sell out then another 1000 available. £18 terrace and £20 seat is what it usually costs for a league game so nothing has been inflated. No doubt there will end up being a cash turnstile on the day. Also anyone with special needs may use home turnstiles and get taken to the away end. Reason being there is a Golf buggy that can take elderly and disabled up the slope to the ground. The walk to the away end doesn't have this facility.

I was at the Dover game yesterday. We were shockingly awful. Your ticket allocation is an initial one. If you sell out then another 1000 available. £18 terrace and £20 seat is what it usually costs for a league game so nothing has been inflated. No doubt there will end up being a cash turnstile on the day. Also anyone with special needs may use home turnstiles and get taken to the away end. Reason being there is a Golf buggy that can take elderly and disabled up the slope to the ground. The walk to the away end doesn't have this facility.

Can we not all get a lift in the golf buggy, that slope sounds like hard work after a few sherberts

:Cool::Clap:

"The ko day and time is awful." Not decided by the clubs.
"£20" I think that's decided by the FA. It was £14 for a qualifier at Dartford.

"The ko day and time is awful." Not decided by the clubs.
"£20" I think that's decided by the FA. It was £14 for a qualifier at Dartford.

They are charging their normal admission prices. Would you expect us to lower our prices if we were playing a team from two levels higher ?

Back