• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The ko day and time is awful." Not decided by the clubs.
"£20" I think that's decided by the FA. It was £14 for a qualifier at Dartford.

In terms of the admission price, Competition Rules for the Competition Proper state the minimum price for tickets must be at least £10, excluding concessions. The home club set the ticket price, but cannot charge more for away supporters unless agreed by the away club (ticket prices are the same for home and away fans in this instance).

They are charging their normal admission prices. Would you expect us to lower our prices if we were playing a team from two levels higher ?
No, that wasn't the implication. My point was - I thought the FA dictated the price, seems not to be the case.

If the game is on the TV then they should be charging less. Then factor in 12:00 on a Sunday, I doubt we will see the numbers that some on here are claiming. What happens at Sunderland and Portsmouth may well swing the attendance by several hundred.

No, that wasn't the implication. My point was - I thought the FA dictated the price, seems not to be the case.

They set a minimum price. Then I think it's up to the clubs to agree with the FA only involved if they don't reach agreement.

I was at the Dover game yesterday. We were shockingly awful. Your ticket allocation is an initial one. If you sell out then another 1000 available. £18 terrace and £20 seat is what it usually costs for a league game so nothing has been inflated. No doubt there will end up being a cash turnstile on the day. Also anyone with special needs may use home turnstiles and get taken to the away end. Reason being there is a Golf buggy that can take elderly and disabled up the slope to the ground. The walk to the away end doesn't have this facility.
Handy for Ridgewell and Hyam.

Just realised we're playing this Sunday then playing again just two days later in the mickey mouse trophy v Wimbledon!?

By then our players will be fitter than now, once the 'beast' introduces himself to them this week!.
TBH couldn't give a 'rats ***' about that comp this season, more important priorities over next few months. Play the youth team?.

By then our players will be fitter than now, once the 'beast' introduces himself to them this week!.
TBH couldn't give a 'rats ***' about that comp this season, more important priorities over next few months. Play the youth team?.
In that case you may not be so totally disappointed to learn that,having lost our first two matches (dismally!),we are out already. Competition rules mean you can’t field a team without first team regulars.

In that case you may not be so totally disappointed to learn that,having lost our first two matches (dismally!),we are out already. Competition rules mean you can’t field a team without first team regulars.

Cheers for that info. First team regulars?. We've had so many players in the team so far, doubt it will be hard to put a few 'names' in!.

Just to clarify things, we are NOT out of the trophy yet. We need to beat Wimbledon by three clear goals and hope that Brighton under 21s beat Leyton Orient. Still looks like it could be an all time low attendance for the game though.....

Competition rules are no longer particularly onerous in respect of "first team regulars". For example, if it were this week we could field a team which included none of the players used on Saturday.

If the game is on the TV then they should be charging less. Then factor in 12:00 on a Sunday, I doubt we will see the numbers that some on here are claiming. What happens at Sunderland and Portsmouth may well swing the attendance by several hundred.

I make you right. I'm going to the game, but I said to Dad that I wouldn't be surprised if we only take 500 odd. Think how many we took to Gillingham recently at 3 o'clock, on a Saturday!
This is 12 on a Sunday! Factor in the fact it's on TV too, I can't see the numbers being that high. Oh and the little niggling problem of us being absolutely toilet at the moment too!

Whether it's 500 or 2000, it's nice for those attending that they know 3 points are not at stake. Hopefully a bit more freedom for both players and fans.

Last edited:
I make you right. I'm going to the game, but I said to Dad that I wouldn't be surprised if we only take 500 odd. Think how many we took to Gillingham recently at 3 o'clock, on a Saturday!
This is 12 on a Sunday! Factor in the fact it's on TV too, I can't see the numbers being that high. Oh and the little niggling problem of us being absolutely toilet at the moment too!

Whether it's 500 or 2000, it's nice for those attending that they know 3 points are not at steak.

Rare indeed.

Could have gone on the Saturday but working the Sunday. Have to settle for watching on my phone if get the chance , inbetween visits.

Just to clarify things, we are NOT out of the trophy yet. We need to beat Wimbledon by three clear goals and hope that Brighton under 21s beat Leyton Orient. Still looks like it could be an all time low attendance for the game though.....

..... not yet, but we could be by the time the match is played as that "vital" Orient match is being played while we're at Portsmouth. I'm sure all the supporters there will have one eye on the game and the other on their phones ........ or maybe not.

..... not yet, but we could be by the time the match is played as that "vital" Orient match is being played while we're at Portsmouth. I'm sure all the supporters there will have one eye on the game and the other on their phones ........ or maybe not.
It’s not,so they won’t anyway Mick.
There’s an unusual reason why Orient are now playing Wimbledon on Wed,6th........Ajax fans!

Back