• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Royal Oak pub on Lower Road is opening early its 10 mins walk max from ground and is opening at 10am on Sunday and serving breakfasts bacon rolls etc. It's also got some extra real ale in apparantly. Hope to see you there.

Just realised we're playing this Sunday then playing again just two days later in the mickey mouse trophy v Wimbledon!?
Don't turn up at Roots Hall two days after the Dover game....you will definitely be part of our lowest ever crowd if you do. The Wimbledon game is on Wednesday November 13th.

Not sure. was told about 1000 but was going to find out tomorrow for sure. They are available on gate though which a lot of people opt for

We have sold 1000 already. If so that's pretty impressive given our form and the fact the games on tv and a rediculous ko time

Not sure. was told about 1000 but was going to find out tomorrow for sure. They are available on gate though which a lot of people opt for
Just a heads up- away tickets are only available in advance, so don’t turn up on the day expecting to be able to pay on the day.

Plainly rediculous from Dover. Are they expecting a few thousand to turn up on the day ffs

In advance they are only available from Southend. Ambiguous. Punctuation is important (so's spelling).

another 4 just purchased. anyone know about parking? think i read somewhere you park at the rugby club

Plenty of street parking within 5 mins or so of ground. If you want a quick exit don't park at the rugby ground. Best bet guys is park somewhere near the Royal Oak pub in River which opens at 10am and walk yo ground.

Plenty of street parking within 5 mins or so of ground. If you want a quick exit don't park at the rugby ground. Best bet guys is park somewhere near the Royal Oak pub in River which opens at 10am and walk yo ground.
I do not want more water in my beer than normal. :Smile:

With the TV money (£75k) and prize money for the win (£36k) this is a really important game for the club and any possible rebuilding project from Jan onwards. Will we win it? With the clowns we have at the back I am unsure. Especially with their concentration levels or should I say lack of them.

I can certainly not rule out an og, soft penalty or unmarked runner scoring for Dover, (please not more than one of them), so for me it's a 2 goal minimum requirement to get the win.

And I don't want to concentrate on the league, because that's gone. Safety is well over a point a game needed and this lot are going to be hard pushed to average a point a month by the time the season finishes, harsh, but it's true.

So the Cup, this season, holds the key to putting the building bricks in place for the recovery and any player signed in Jan has got to be prepared to drop to L2. It ain't gonna be easy!!

Last edited:
With the TV money (£75k) and prize money for the win (£36k) this is a really important game for the club and any possible rebuilding project from Jan onwards. Will we win it? With the clowns we have at the back I am unsure. Especially with their concentration levels or should I say lack of them.

I can certainly not rule out an og, soft penalty or unmarked runner scoring for Dover, (please not more of the), so for me it's a 2 goal minimum requirement to get the win.

And I don't want to concentrate on the league, because that's gone. Safety is well over a point a game needed and this lot are going to be hard pushed to average a point a month by the time the season finishes, harsh, but it's true.

So the Cup, this season, holds the key to putting the building bricks in place for the recovery and any player signed in Jan has got to be prepared to drop to L2. It ain't gonna be easy!!

Does it really matter lets be honest. If the finances are not managed well!

I am going to a wedding on Sunday and will be on a coach at kick off.

For the first time in my 50 years of supporting the team, I'm glad I won't be watching.

Back