• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After the roasting we gave to various BBC radio presenters and interviewers the other week, thought I'd drop in on Sky News this morning for the first time to see if they were any better. Two words; Kay Burley. Holy Mother of God, if she's not one of, if not the most, petulant presenters I've ever had the misfortune to listen to, I dunno who is. Unless she was having an off day I found her to be surprisingly rude and sure as $hit full of her own self-importance.
Don't think I'll be revisiting any time soon :Thumbs down:

I bought some lunch which was in a paper bag.

It rained on my way back to the office and the bag fell to pieces.

Falafel and salad all over Canary Wharf plus some builders laughed at me.

My football tickets (Malaga Vs. Extremadura) should be refundable, as their games are now being played behind closed doors.

The flights are a worry, and I believe my only hope to claw that back, is if Malaga gets added to the ban list, in which case it’s an instant refund. I’ve asked them to change the dates of my flight, although I’m not paying the £250 admin fee to do so. Still waiting on their response e

I’ve asked for the the penthouse apartment I’d rented, to be moved to October. Waiting for that to be authorised.

Finger crossed.

Tell you what, if you are using Ryanair good luck. I am having no luck whatsoever trying to get my expenses repaid for when they left me stranded in Germany and even more criminally to get them to correct the underpayment on my refunded for a cancelled flight out of Bremen. They just ignore any communication and send you round in circles. Its a ****ing appalling customer service.

Tell you what, if you are using Ryanair good luck. I am having no luck whatsoever trying to get my expenses repaid for when they left me stranded in Germany and even more criminally to get them to correct the underpayment on my refunded for a cancelled flight out of Bremen. They just ignore any communication and send you round in circles. Its a ****ing appalling customer service.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ryanair/

Thankfully it’s not Ryanair. I purposely try and avoid using them if I can, as they’re known to be nightmares in those kinds of situations.

Best of luck, anyway.

I would imagine it's going to be a hell of a battle to get any money back if YOU cancelled rather than the tour operator or airline. Good luck chaps.
"Disinclination to travel" according to the travel expert on the radio means no refund. That's my understanding, anyway.

I am on a WhatsApp group for one of my kids activities and about half of the mums there feel the need to reply to every post the person who runs the group makes.

Was going to see Steve Martin and Martin Short at the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow night but it's just been postponed, kinda expected it but still disappointing (although understandable).

People using Rayleigh Cemetery as a car park to pick up their kids from the nearby school.

Reactions: ESG
Bloody drum on the tumble drier's not turning. Fortunately I do have cover for it, but I suspect getting someone out isn't going to be too easy.

My football tickets (Malaga Vs. Extremadura) should be refundable, as their games are now being played behind closed doors.

The flights are a worry, and I believe my only hope to claw that back, is if Malaga gets added to the ban list, in which case it’s an instant refund. I’ve asked them to change the dates of my flight, although I’m not paying the £250 admin fee to do so. Still waiting on their response e

I’ve asked for the the penthouse apartment I’d rented, to be moved to October. Waiting for that to be authorised.

Finger crossed.

In theory, the Spanish FA have now postponed (rather than cancelled) their games due to be played behind closed doors for the next two weeks according to an announcement yesterday.

Edit.As such,as an Espanyol soci (or season card holder) I'd now expect to get a refund if Sunday's match against Alavés isn't played at some later date this season.But you're right, your individual match tickets should be refundable.Certainly Espanyol have promised to refund match tickets sold for their game with Alavés.

Last edited:
Ditto for our flights over to the UK (and back from SEN) early May.

My eldest son, who lives in NY, told me earlier that Trump is concerned about the numbers over here being infected.
IMO end of April we will have many more infected, & i wont be able to get over there.
But hey ho, if that happens there will be other times, which a lot of others wont be able to do.

My eldest son, who lives in NY, told me earlier that Trump is concerned about the numbers over here being infected.
IMO end of April we will have many more infected, & i wont be able to get over there.
But hey ho, if that happens there will be other times
, which a lot of others wont be able to do.

That's a positive attitude and also the way I feel.

Not good, found out few minutes ago that staff at STANSTED airport who work for blue handling dealing with Ryanair have axed around 100 jobs today, and that’s without others that work for Stobarts and jet 2, not good and suppose to get even worse.

Back