• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nuisance phone calls

Since being at home I have noticed we’re getting a lot of calls to our landline. Always 2 or 3 every morning and always automated messages. Caller numbers are random and different each time so likely scammers using VOIP.

Most are saying our internet is being cut off or Amazon charges and so on.

Anyone know how you can block them? I can’t see what BT can do if they’re using random numbers.

Nuisance phone calls

Since being at home I have noticed we’re getting a lot of calls to our landline. Always 2 or 3 every morning and always automated messages. Caller numbers are random and different each time so likely scammers using VOIP.

Anyone know how you can block them? I can’t see what BT can do if they’re using random numbers.
If you are a BT customer you can use BT call protect where you can block the callers as call in. Bit of a manual task but we have cut those sort of calls by over half using it. Failing that can you block them via your landline phone?

Hi, can someone confirm what a landline is?
There you go Mr Strike Force, a description just for you. Feel better now?

A landline telephone (also known as land line, land-line, main line, home phone, landline, fixed-line, and wireline) is a phone that uses a metal wire or optical fibre telephone line for transmission as distinguished from a mobile cellular line, which uses radio waves for transmission.

There you go Mr Strike Force, a description just for you. Feel better now?

A landline telephone (also known as land line, land-line, main line, home phone, landline, fixed-line, and wireline) is a phone that uses a metal wire or optical fibre telephone line for transmission as distinguished from a mobile cellular line, which uses radio waves for transmission.

Wow. Irony isn't your thing is it?

If you are a BT customer you can use BT call protect where you can block the callers as call in. Bit of a manual task but we have cut those sort of calls by over half using it. Failing that can you block them via your landline phone?

Or you can do what I do, and go along with them and waste their time...if you've got the time yourself. I love keeping them on the line for as long as I can...

Nuisance phone calls

Are you registered on TPS?

If you are, you should log the calls here

Alternatively you could just pull the plug out of the socket. This is highly effective.

All the Christmas trees left kerbside for
already under pressure and under staffed refuge guys to deal with. Surely not too much effort with a small saw to break it down and put in with the compost.

Back